What does it mean when a guy gives you a long hug? He knows I like him

We were both at a club and he saw me and I him. There was this pause and then one of us went in for a hug. I think it was him because I wouldn't have had the confidence. We hugged for a really long time and kind of rocked. Then, for the rest of the night he didn't acknowledge me and danced and kissed with another girl (who I know is just his friend) He looked over once and looked away, me doing the same loll.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 2

• From the signals I'm getting, he doesn't know what he wants...he likes you (hence the long hug and the rocking) but he is out with another girl...and KISSES her... so um ya. Maybe they are more then friends now...and maybe he might like a chance with you as well...just wait and see, give him some good signals, but don't be overly flirty...

that's imho

goodluck!

• Mk, well, at least that! Well, maybe if she's moved on, then she's OK to trust, but I guess I have this thing against a guy's ex...you know? like possible hard feelings and stuff... :P

So he knows you like him....but hasn't done anything about it? well maybe he is just confused and trying to sort things through...OK I will...you too! keep me posted.. :)

• She doesn't like him anymore I know that much, she's going out with someone else.... so yes she could be just saying that to throw me off track. I did find it strange how she was comfortable with me liking him.... and he did imply she doesn't think of anyone else's feelings when he said one night "You like me......" I don't know! As for meeting up with him, no reply yet. Keep hope!! : )

• Hmm...ya good question....I don't know if you should trust a guy's ex about you...does she still have feelings for him? yikes, I really don't know if I would trust her... :S

I think it's a great idea that you sent him a note! Good for you...and hopefully, he bites! :)

• Show Older
  • Selected as most helpful

It means he was really enjoying hugging you. It depends on how he kissed the other girl. Even if they're officially 'just friends' he want might more from her. If he didn't kiss you I suspect he want his friend to become his girl friends but is keeping your hopes up so that if he fails to woo his buddy he'll have you as a back up.

• Thank you very much : ) They're just friends but she's in love with someone back home and doesn't view him as anything more. I don't know if he knows that though. He dances with a lot of girls he knows as friends, but not me. I'll let you know what happens. One thing's for sure, guys are complicated, so thank you for helping! Take care

• hugged for a really long time? he knows you like him? he's a jerk.. just ignore him and he'll want you more

• Yes it's good he doesn't feel like he can have you whenever he wants.. don't seem too available like I said and don't close doors for other guys either.. but I mean its just my opinion! take care too

• Thanks for the advice, but he's not a horrible person. He respects me and I think is a little confused with everything. : ) I will do, and let you know what happens!! Take care