• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when a guy gives you a long hug? He knows I like him

We were both at a club and he saw me and I him. There was this pause and then one of us went in for a hug. I think it was him because I wouldn't have... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• It means he was really enjoying hugging you. It depends on how he kissed the other girl. Even if they're officially 'just friends' he want might more from her. If he didn't kiss you I suspect he want his friend to become his girl friends but is keeping your hopes up so that if he fails to woo his buddy he'll have you as a back up.

• Thank you very much : ) They're just friends but she's in love with someone back home and doesn't view him as anything more. I don't know if he knows that though. He dances with a lot of girls he knows as friends, but not me. I'll let you know what happens. One thing's for sure, guys are complicated, so thank you for helping! Take care

What Guys Said 2

• hugged for a really long time? he knows you like him? he's a jerk.. just ignore him and he'll want you more

• Thanks for the advice, but he's not a horrible person. He respects me and I think is a little confused with everything. : ) I will do, and let you know what happens!! Take care

• Yes it's good he doesn't feel like he can have you whenever he wants.. don't seem too available like I said and don't close doors for other guys either.. but I mean its just my opinion! take care too

What Girls Said 1

• From the signals I'm getting, he doesn't know what he wants...he likes you (hence the long hug and the rocking) but he is out with another girl...and KISSES her... so um ya. Maybe they are more then friends now...and maybe he might like a chance with you as well...just wait and see, give him some good signals, but don't be overly flirty...that's imhogoodluck!

• Hey,thanks for your opinion. : ) This is a really gd site for getting perspectives from opposite sexes!! Yes, I think he's confused too. That hug felt so special. What's even more complicated is that the girl doesn't like him like that and is in love with someone back home. They were drunk though so I think the pair of them were messing around. I'm used to it now, but I wish he wouldn't dance so near me where I can see everything! Thanks for your advice, it really helps! Take care

• Show Older
    • She doesn't like him anymore I know that much, she's going out with someone else.... so yes she could be just saying that to throw me off track. I did find it strange how she was comfortable with me liking him.... and he did imply she doesn't think of anyone else's feelings when he said one night "You like me......" I don't know! As for meeting up with him, no reply yet. Keep hope!! : )

• Mk, well, at least that! Well, maybe if she's moved on, then she's OK to trust, but I guess I have this thing against a guy's ex...you know? like possible hard feelings and stuff... :PSo he knows you like him....but hasn't done anything about it? well maybe he is just confused and trying to sort things through...OK I will...you too! keep me posted.. :)