How do I get my coworker to stop hugging me?

Don't get me wrong, I love her to death. She is a fantastic person and we get along great (no homo). She just has a very...let's call it, motherly... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the only way to deal with this is be upfront with her and let her know it is NOT anything personal and you hope that she understands you are just the type of person that doesn't like to be touched. If she has a problem with that she obviously doesn't have respect for your personal space and that's not your fault. You shouldn't feel guilty for wanting your space that you're entitled too. If you don't want to confront her I would explain all of this to your manager/boss whatever... as you explained to us, and see if s/he will talk with her.

She may take this personally but she may also be more understanding than we think.