His true feelings?

Do you think the way a guy hugs a girl can tell her his true feelings? I was just wondering. For example a one handed hug...what would that mean. Patting on the back etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally think that hugs say a lot. But we're girls...we overanalyze everything!

Haha. What I've learned from experience is that when a guy gives me a one-armed hug, he's kinda emotionally unattached and sometimes awkward. They kinda hug to get it over with. Some of these guys are uncomfortable even hugging their girlfriends! Don't worry..It's not you...it's them.

Pats on the back mean that the guy thinks of you in a strictly platonic way. Kinda like one of the guys. It's warm and yet too rough to be considered romantic.

Hugs of affection are usually when his hands are high up near the shoulders and your back is usually rubbed rather than patted or otherwise. But affection doesn't mean romantic! Which is why when you recieve a hug of comfort, it usually includes a little rub.

Romantic hugs are obviously the best. You will always know those. The ones that are really long and the guy kinda rests his head on top of yours or in the crook of your neck. It feels as if he's taking his time or breathing you in. If he bends down it's because he wants to feel your arms around him as well. Be aware of the placement of the hands. This is not me talking, but it's proven that the lower his hands are placed on your back, the more romantically or sexually he thinks of you. So if it's just above your butt, watch out!

You can find out more about this by doing research on things like body language. It's actually kind of interesting. Have a look!

• I think you covered it all.

• Heh heh...is that sarcasm?

You're a guy...what do you think?

• No, that wasn't sarcasm.

I think that one-handed hugs mean little to people or they are preoccupied.

Two-handed hugs have many meanings:

If the guys hands are up higher near the shoulder it means its friendly.

If the guys hands are lower it could mean something sexual.

The tighter the hug the more it means.

The longer the hug, the greater chance of something more happening.