Why would he ignore me for 2 weeks THREE times?

He was so nice to me at first. He would ask for a hug. He wrote me these really long messages on Facebook. He gave me a nickname. He offered me a... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• He might be talking to a number of girls, or it could just be bad timing. Usually, though, a guy will most often do this when he really likes a girl, but something is holding him back from pursuing her—being unsure of her intentions (whether she wants to date or just be friends), believing that she's one of those girls who wants a guy to chase her (sometimes, of course, shit just keeps happening and it only appears that she is when she really isn't), being ambivalent toward her (she has a number of qualities that he really likes, but a few major ones that he doesn't), thinking that she is losing interest, etc..

• It could be any one of what I listed, a combination of them, or several others that I didn't. There are a number of reasons (besides keeping you on the hook, although that could be it) for which he might be doing this.