Don't Be Afraid Of Good Fats! List Of Healthy Fats

When we hear "fats" we assume we should avoid them, but not really, there are good fats our bodies need... also, they're good to achieve goals because they're high in other nutrients ;)

Avocados

Don't be afraid of good fats! List of healthy fats.

Avocados are about 77% fat, by calories, making them even higher in fat than most animal foods.

Even though they are high in fat and calories, one study shows that people who eat avocados tend to weigh less and have less belly fat than those who don’t.

Cheese

It is a great source of calcium, vitamin B12, phosphorus and selenium, and contains all sorts of other nutrients.

It is also very rich in protein, with a single thick slice of cheese containing 6.7 grams of protein, same as a glass of milk.

Eggs

Whole eggs are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They contain a little bit of almost every single nutrient we need.

Eggs are also a weight loss friendly food. They are very fulfilling and high in protein, the most important nutrient for weight loss.

Deez

They are high in healthy fats and fiber, and are a good plant-based source of protein. Studies show that people who eat nuts tend to be healthier, and have a lower risk of various diseases. This includes obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.

Extra virgin (as most GAG members) olive oil

Extra virgin olive oil contains vitamins E and K, and is loaded with powerful antioxidants.

It has also been shown to lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol markers and have all sorts of benefits related to heart disease risk.

Coconuts

Coconuts are very high in medium-chain fatty acids, which are metabolized differently than other fats. They can reduce appetite, increase fat burning and provide numerous health benefits.

Wish you good luck, guys!

REMEMBER

WhatTheHellAmy is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

• Sunflower oil is actually better than olive oil ( more polysaturated fats ) but yeah excellent points. Related to this, people don't realise they can eat good stuff AND stay healthy.

• EXACTLY!! Often times, fat doesn't make you fat (as counter-intuitive as that sounds). It's the excess overall calories, ENRICHED flour carbs, sugars that do.
    Another great take Amy!

• That avocado meme is so funny! :-P

Excellent Take, Amy. Cheers!

• Thank you. I'm trying to eat healthy and gain weight and this was informative actually. :)

• Thanks for reading! :)

Any recommendation? I'm running out of ideas :(

• I think your weight is quite healthy, but sure, I understand. I wanna gain some muscle and weight too

• Yes, don't be afraid of the good fats = plant-based fats.
    Cheese and eggs are some of the worst sources for any nutrient ever, every animal product is. They contain animal protein and fats (transfats and saturated fats), both which have been linked to breast and prostate cancer, cheese also contains lactose which ~70% of the worlds population is intolerant to and eggs contain cholesterol. None of them contains any fiber either, which has been linked to prevent cancer.
    Animal products should NOT be ingested for health improving purposes, that's misinformative.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11519764
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2391107/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktQzM2IA-qU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqKNfyUPzoU
    Trial and error is the most important thing to find out if something's working. These two youtube videos are perfect examples of that.

• Chickpeas for example contains unsaturated fats, fiber, complex carbohydrates, phytoproteins, vitamins and minerals. This makes it a superfood for overall health.

• The fats that I like are the BBW porn stars with big squishy bodies and huge T&A.

• I'm all over all of these things.

My favorite breakfast is a fried or poached egg on an English muffin with avocado over the top.

• I highly recommend extra virgin olive oil but they have to be 'cold pressed'. Essentially, the oil is produced without high heat because olive oils benefits get destroyed in the heat. Also, because of that, you lose most of the cool stuff if you use the oil for cooking. You should only add the oil after cooking.

There are different kinds of olive oils. The easiest way to get the right one is looking at the color of the bottle. Cold pressed, extra virgin olive oils need to be stored in a low light bottle (ideally without any light).

• This article shows a lot about what these fatty foods come with but I'm not so sure you know why fat is good for you.

• Nice take! Without some fats, people can get very tired. Fats are necessary, but as you say, they must be the right ones!

• Why you gotta make a virgin attack? Lol

• Fantastic Take, I love Olive oil, Coconut, and Avocados, as well as Cheese... but I've never heard of Deez nuts, what are they like?

• Wow, I'm surprised you didn't list fish as they're full of Omega 3 fatty acids. Overall, great MyTake

• a lot of people say that dont eat the egg yolk because its not good for health, is that true, ? and i heard a guy saying that eating normal white egg yolk will cause erectile dysfunction? is this true?

• the least unhealthy thing here is cheese and eggs
    the rest is pretty healthy

• Great take - I knew there was good fats and bad fats - No harm in having more produce to the list - My only moan not against your take but the market, how expensive extra virgin olive oil is plus a lot of "Healthy" food like fruit and nuts can be pricey.

• You put so much time in your takes :).

• 😂😂😂 extra Virgin made my day!.. 😻😽😽😚😘😘

What Girls Said 9