Celebrating Dark Chocolate! Why it's so good for you!

Hello peeps :) It’s me yet again! I’m excited and ecstatic to be able to finally use this food and beverage topic! Love it! So I’m going to be kick starting it off with all things CHOCOLATEEE!!!

Now when I say chocolate, i’m not talking about milk chocolate or white chocolate (no no no) I’m talking about DARK chocolate! YES that bitter stuff that doesn’t taste too good. Well it’s actually VERY good for you when you consume the right amounts of it.

Flavonoids which are found in cocoa beans are plant-based antioxidants. They help lower blood pressure, improve glucose metabolism and maintain the health of your blood vessels. Not only that but it helps lower your LDL (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol) and increases your HDL (high-density lipoprotein cholesterol) which is just bad and good cholesterol.

Consuming dark chocolate alone may lower the risk of Cardiovascular Disease. The flavanols from cocoa can improve blood flow to the skin and protect it against sun-induced damage and can also improve your cognitive function.

So next time you’re grocery shopping, have a look in the confectionery aisle and buy yourself some unprocessed dark chocolate. The more organic, the more cocoa solids including high cocoa content (70%+) the more health benefits it will contain.

Don’t go out and shove as much dark chocolate as you can in your gob (Aussie word for mouth) :P they still contain calories. Have 1-2 squares a day and enjoy it, savor the taste of quality chocolate

RECAP:

Thanks for reading everyone :D

mooky06 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• That looks like a processed bar of shit :(

• NOMNOMNOM healthy bar of shit LOL

• I like you ZK! Well "technically", I'd like to keep you around and physically healthy until Mooky is ready and willing to actually scratch your eyes out! Oops! I didn't realize how bad that sounded until it came out! Sorry, but I already paid for front row tickets! *uncomfortable face* They were kina' expensive... but... uhm... maybe, just let me just scooch right on by you there... thx! :)

• @mooky06 - Haha, I just realized you answered ZK's "bar of shit" comment with a "Nom-Nom-Nom", rather than a "No-No-No-No"! ... Classy and lovely! Truly the product of a elegant finishing school! They are reading this and feeling quite proud, I am rather convinced of that! LOL! Pokes Mooky with a stick! I'm just messing with ya'! (or am I?) :o

*Covers eyes!*

• Oo a mytake I can get behind, I mean I knew all of this before but still, excellent.

• I eat it daily.

• I don't think dark chocolate is good for health in any way!

• rather have a snickers.

• A kit kat and bueno for me

• but u never know what nastiness is inside...

• lmfao definitely not waiting in anticipation

• 1|0
  • lol. Chocolate of any kind is NOT a health food. Just another marketing scheme to get people to buy more chocolate. Nothing wrong with giving yourself a treat, but don't buy into the scam of fake health foods.

• Mmmm, i love dark chocolate. Nice mytake, thank you :)

• I used to not like it but then i kept eating it and I like the 90 percent chocolate ones.

• OMG i want it alllllll! 😳😳😳😳

• Interesting timing! Lovely Topic! Very informative. You know, maybe I missed it, but dark chocolate, especially so, has considerable antioxidants compounds found in it, comparable to a glass of red wine! Very interesting and yummy article... I'm sure it was very HARD to write! *tear!* :)

• haha thank you :) I actually (i'm not kidding you what so ever) But I did go to the grocery store and did by myself some good quality, organic dark chocolate. The one with more cocoa solids of course! I don't like the bitter taste haha but i'm trying to allow my tastebuds familiarize itself with the dark chocolate, because i'm eating several of these now :P

• Of course! Duh! You haven't gotta' tell me about cocoa solids! Well, unless you want me to know about them! OK, I know what a cocoa plant is so I'm assuming it's more "natural" and your trying to force it down the ol' esophagus until some time that you will apparently start liking this act, right! I can follow... It's like beer,... well, for me! When I was a teen the stuff was horrible tasting, but I kept having a glass w/my friends. And low and behold, I have one in my hand at the moment, and no one around that I'm trying to impress! (aside from my neighbor's wife), she likes to look in my window at times. But I feel that I wouldn't have much trouble scoring w/her if I was that lonely and sad! (That's mean, she's actually pretty - and pretty weird for looking in my window... I mean what else could she be looking for? Quite odd! But I'm sure as a lady, you are more familiar with this type of behavior than I!) I'm sorry, were we not speaking chocolate a minute ago! Hmm...

What Girls Said 13

• i love chocolate!! great take

• Yum love dark chocolate actually eating it right now

• Yum I'm made of dark chocolate. ☺️

• Dark chocolate is my favorite kind 💕 🍫🍫

• Cool, I always eat dark chocolate 🍫

• Ah, yes, that bitter taste is hard to swallow at times, but I'm getting used to the flavor! I still love me some milk and white chocolate, though.

• チョコレート

• Any particular favourite? Or just whatever you have close by? You don't mind munching on lol

• Just more reasons for me to love chocolate. Thank you!

• can it cause acne?
    i think it can

• Binge consumption of chocolate yes. It's only recommended to eat 1-2 squares of dark chocolate everyday and that's it.

• I love dark chocolate it's the only kind I eat.
    But what do you mean it tastes bitter?

• Oh with higher percentage of cocoa solids (it's more unprocessed then it is) the better. So it feels like i'm eating a mouthful of cocoa. I just only started eating 70% organic dark chocolate (yesterday) and my tastebuds haven't really acquired the taste for it. Some people are blessed with those tastebuds already formed, unfortunately I haven't :( but eating it more, my tastebuds will recognise it being more creamy and rich and not bitter in taste.. Well I'd hope anyways 😋

• Hehe yeah, so hopefully the more I familiarise myself with the taste, the more better it will become for me in the near future 😁

• Yes many say it's an acquired taste.

• Me likey chocolate!!!

• i tried dark chocolate once and had to rinse my mouth of it, im sticking with milk chocolate :D lmao

• Haha too bitter for you? I'm trying to get use to it, it's healthy haha so i'll put up with it :P