7 Minimally Processed Vegetables That Taste Good All By Themselves

Food processing technically refers to any kind of man-made action on a vegetable before it is consumed. The plant can be grinded, diced, stewed, baked, whatever you can think of. Below, I include some vegetables that are minimally processed and that taste good by themselves.

1. Sweet Corn

7 Minimally Processed Vegetables That Taste Good By Themselves

The leaves of the corn cobs are removed. The corn cobs are washed. The cobs are set in a big pot. Fill the big pot with water. Make sure the cobs and water together only fill up 1/2 of the way. Cook the corn cobs on high heat in the pot until corn is tender, which takes about 10 minutes. Do NOT contaminate the juice at the bottom! Use a clean set of chopsticks to lift the corn up and into your bowl/plate. Use chopsticks to remove the stringy hairs in the juice, and discard the hairs. Pour the juice out, and drink the juice. Eat the cobs.

2. Potato

Wash the potato. Give it a good scrub on its eyes, because dirt may hide there. Use a peeler to scrape the sides of the potato. Remove all the skin and any spots that seem ugly. With a knife, cut the potato lengthwise, so you have two elongated halves. For each elongated half, cut it lengthwise again, so you have 4 pieces of potato wedges. Take out a baking pan, and add a sheet of aluminum foil on top. Spread the potato wedges on top of the aluminum foil. Insert the baking pan, now holding all the potato wedges, into the oven. Set the oven to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, take them out and let them cool for a few minutes. Peel each potato off the aluminum foil, and place the potato wedges in a bowl or plate. Eat them.

3. Lotus Root

Wash the lotus root. Cut the ends. Peel the skin. Slice the lotus root as shown in the picture, but not so thinly. Each lotus root piece may be about 4 to 5 cm in thickness. Toss the lotus root pieces into the slow-cooker. Fill the slow-cooker with water. Add a pinch of iodized salt. Leave the slow-cooker on overnight. By morning, use chopsticks to grab out pieces of the lotus root. Use a ladle to scoop some soup into the bowl.

4. Green Nira

Wash the green nira. Discard any discolored pieces. Add a tiny drop of vegetable oil into a pan. Make sure that the oil creates a thin film at the bottom of the pan. Throw in the green nira. Toss and turn the green nira, and allow the blades to simmer. When the green nira becomes soft, it's time to take the green nira out and set it on a plate.

5. Napa Cabbage

The Napa Cabbage follows the same cooking method as the Green Nira.

6. Bok Choy

The Bok Choy follows the same cooking method as the Green Nira and the Napa Cabbage.

7. Brussel Sprouts

The Brussel Sprouts follow the same cooking method as the above.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

• Almost time for sweet corn! One of my favorite foods on earth. :)

• Brussel sprouts and Bok-Choi are the vegetables of the gods.

• Potatoes-- the magical college food. I can just make a bunch of one pot mashed potatoes or have some baked potatoes. I also like corn from it's simplicity too. Anything that I can just throw in a big pot and call it done with minimal effort gets an A+ in my book. 👍

What Girls Said 5

• Brussel sproutes yuck. The rest are pretty good though.

• I always find that Brussel sprouts taste like cabbages.

• Me too, baby cabbage and I like to roast them with sweet potatoes

• hey wheres sweet potato in this? Real REAL healthy and so easy to prepare.

• That has the same cooking method as the regular baked potato. They are also called yams, I think.

• I like the 1 and the 2 but the other are just ew. I never saw a lotus roots before. We don't have it in France

• the lotus root looks very neat when its been sliced.. woah.. anyway thats right potatoes r yummy with no pestisides i love organic potatoes but they cost more

• I am vegetarian, so like this post anyway :-)