5 Healthy Ways to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth

I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth, but I'm also a health freak. Obviously those 2 things contradict themselves but I've found some healthy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth.

1) Halo Top ice cream

These are amazing and they have a ton of different flavors too. My favorite flavor is the Oatmeal cookie- it has little pieces of oatmeal in it too that gives you something to chew on. The highest calorie pint has 360 calories and the lowest is 240 calories.

2) Arctic Zero Ice Cream

I used to eat this before i got hooked on Halo Top. The one benefit to Arctic Zero is it's less calories. The downfall is that it's not nearly as good as real ice cream. It tastes healthy and its not as creamy.

3) Mug cakes

These are super easy to make and the best part is you control what you put in them. Some of the common ingredients i use are: a scoop of protein powder, PB2, peanut butter, vanilla, egg whites, unsweetened applesauce, cocoa powder, other extracts, oat powder etc. The combinations are endless.

Here's a recipe to try:

http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/10/02/single-serving-clean-chocolate-mug-cake/

4) Protein "Milkshakes"

This is inspired by @akadatank44 because he gave me the recipe. I make it every day because it's THAT good. So here's the recipe:

1 scoop cookies and cream quest protein

1/4 tsp. xantham gum (gives it the milkshake consistency)

1 packet stevia

3/4 cup of water

ice cubes (the more ice you put in, the thicker it will be)

pinch of salt (helps blend the ice smoother)

5) Rice cakes

I like to get the chocolate chip flavor and put a tablespoon of PB2 on top. The caramel flavor is good too.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• 10d

I have a hefty sweet tooth... as evidenced by my overindulgence on pie over Thanksgiving. ;) But thankfully, I've got a hefty guilt trigger, too, so I've hit the workouts extra hard in the past few days and eaten very little as a result of my weakness.

One note, though- Quaker generally makes crap. It's mostly junk, even the so-called healthy stuff. There are much better rice cakes out there, but you can't usually find them at a mainstream grocery store.

• 8d

where tf did you find halo top cookies and cream flavor.

i've been looking for that shit.

• 8d

The rare time I eat sweets, I want the real thing! None of this substitution crap.

But for those who chronically crave the sweet stuff, these are excellent for them, since one can't indulge on real sweets ALL the time. :-P

• 5d

perfect

• 7d

You will take my sugar from my cold, dead hands.

• 8d

Interesting Take, great suggestions :D

• 8d

It's Christmas time. I don't give a shit. If I want sweets, I gonna eat sweets. Marzipan is love and life.

During spring-autumn I prefer doing some fruit-milkshakes though. They are healthy AND sweetish with the right fruits being used.

• 9d

its fucking winter. why an ice cream post?

• 9d

These are all soo delicious 😋 TAKE MY MONEY!

• 10d

THANK YOU

• 10d

Protein milkshakes taste like chemical crap, they can be a necessary evil but they still taste like chemical crap, then again so does most American prepackaged food/candy so maybe it's not a problem for the American GaGers. The rice cakes could be okay and that Halo Top stuff sounds awesome, provided it doesn't taste like chemical crap...

• 10d

Man your protein shakes have a lot more in it than mine. I just dump like 1-2 cups of frozen strawberries. 1-2 scoops of vanilla whey. and 1-2 cups of milk and bam protein shake. Takes like 3 minutes to make.

• 9d

I guarantee it doesn't taste like a milkshake lol I like mine really thick and cold like a milkshake

• 9d

haha you gota make it healthy though...

• 9d

I stuff it with spinach since spinach has no taste so it blends well with it but I make them mostly just for a boost in protein.

• 10d

Thanks for the mention!! I have a bunch of healthy recipes always thought I'd write a take on them but never made the time to do it 😂

• 10d

@Elarra You try any of these?

• 10d

lol she's blocked so she won't respond.

• 10d

politics i think

• 10d

she blocked me and i would keep commenting on her questions and get a op up saying "you are blocked by this user" lmao so i just blocked her too so i wouldn't see her questions anymore

• 10d

Love those rice cakes , sweet yet healthy treat

What Girls Said 16

• 10d

i miss cookie dough ice cream ( ;∀;)

• 4d

great take thanks for sharing

• 5d

Great MyTake, some of these are very interesting and I've never heard of

• 6d

thanks for sharing

• 8d

I try to be healthy, too but my sweet tooth, grr! I've tried the Halo Tops ice cream and was surprised that they didn't taste bad. I love the vanilla and birthday cake flavors. No grocery store within a 10 mile radius sells Halo Tops though. I've never heard of the other ice cream brand. Rice cakes, I will sit and eat almost the whole bag if it's the caramel flavor. Even the healthier sweets alternatives can have questionable ingredients in them. I wish we could magically turn off our sweet cravings like, "Ok, sweet tooth, it's been fun but I really need you to go away forever so that I can have a Victoria's Secret model body. Thanks."

• 9d

Sometimes when I have a sweet tooth I just eat a pitted date or two, they're really tasty :D

• 9d

1. I don't like ice creams on winter
    2. I hate rice cakes
    3. I'm not looking forward to protein milkshakes. I don't consume any protein powder, and dairy drinks aren't my thing.
    4. The only thing I might try is mug cake. This take didn't help me, luckily there are Youtube food channels and recipe websites.

• 9d

have you tried the different flavors of rice cakes?
      why dont you use protein powder?

• 9d

I'm not interested in trying any flavored rice cakes, just their texture disgusts me. As for protein powder, I have never tried it before ( there isn't any particular reason why) and I'm fine without it.

• 9d

lol well you're loss.. it doesn't sound like you have anything against the suggestions i had.. you just don't want to try them for no reason. But okay.

• 9d

I eat what I want when I want and dont gain an ounce :)

• 9d

Thanks for sharing ^^

• 9d

I hope the Halo Top is available in my country, I doubt it but there's always hope right :D I personally fon't like the protein milkshakes, I can never completely get rid of that nasty after taste. Oh well, maybe I just suck at making them :D

• 9d

I think you left out the most obvious in terms of ice cream banana ice cream. Easy to make and it's just fruit. Yes it's not quite like ice cream but it's good and it's based on just fruit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0yTWbMQBj8

And I think smoothies in general are very sweet and satisfying also and I'm sure healthier than the ice creams you suggested. In fact I think making ice cream yourself is healthier than the ice creams you suggested. Ice cream is essentially sugar and cream, frozen. But commercial versions have so many more additives, to the point that there's hardly any cream in it, just like vegetable oils or something
    And also raw vegan cakes are very nutritious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eftolbGBTEk

I would also disagree that protein powders are necessarily healthy. Protein powders have protein and are fairly low in calories. But that doesn't make them healthy. Every sort has at least a dozen different chemicals and highly processed foods in them. Whey is not a whole food, it's a by product of the dairy industry.
    Here's the ingredients for quest cookies and cream

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate), Erythritol, Natural Flavors. Contains less than 2% of the following: Coconut Oil, Cocoa (processed with Alkali), Dextrin, Cellulose Gum, Cocoa Butter, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Soluble Corn Fiber (Prebiotic Fiber), Sunflower Lecithin, Sodium Caseinate, Sucralose, Steviol Glycosides (Stevia), Baking Soda. Contains: Milk-Derived Ingredients, Coconut.

I count three different artificial sweeteners on first glance. If I remember correctly the safe dose of xanthan gum is 10g, since it's largely indigestible, and it's literally every processed food you can buy so if you get so much in just one shake and then maybe, I don't know swallow some tooth paste, have a pastry or cereal you're easily over that. I'm not saying it's as bad a smoking but saying it's healthy is quite a stretch also, especially consumed over years and years

• 9d

I'm not a fan of the banana ice cream.

• 8d

And a lot of protein powders contain aspartame and/or other artificial sweeteners. Sugar alcohols such as in quest powder aren't any better than aspartame. They work because they're not digestible, the calories they contain are never absorbed. But you're are eating something that you're clearly not meant to.
      Again they're probably not gonna kill you. Not right away anyway, but to recommend them as healthy is very sketchy I think. Aspartame has been on the market since the 60s at least you know what you're getting. Unlike those new sweeteners. And erythritol specifically was only approved to be used in Beverages in the EU last year, after several failed attempts by companies to get it approved

• 8d

I mean if you were to buy whey/soy/pea protein somewhere and mix it with cocoa powder and sugar, fine. But this idea that people have that protein powders should have no sugar, no fat and still taste like a McDonalds milkshake makes companies throw all kinds of crap in there. If you feel you want to eat them, fine, but don't think they're necessarily better than the McDonalds milkshake. The ingridigent list on the McDonalds milkshake by the way much shorter than on most protein powders.

Xanthan Gum is made by fermenting corn sugar with bacteria. Yes it contains fibre, so does beer, which is essentially fermented barley.
      Cellulose gum is mostly made from cotton and it's also in literally everything. Is it really healthy? I wouldn't think so

• 10d

I just tried the halo top birthday cake a few nights ago oh my lord amazing!. I'm not a big fan of ice cream but I nearly finished the whole thing XD.

• 10d

I've gotta try rice cakes man, it's one of the few gluten free snacks I hear are actually really tasty!

• 10d

I'm glad I don't have a sweet tooth. Fruits are sweet enough for me. :)

• 10d

You forgot tea Lol... did you ever try the chocolate mint tea?