What can I do with this mozzarella?

So I picked up this mozzarella ball at the store the other day because I was like "OMG so many possibilities!" But then I checked my recipes and there were like noooooo possibilities.

Do do you all have any ideas? I'd like to preferably use it with chicken but cannot use spicy recipes ie no mozzarella stuffed jalapeños XD What can I do with this mozzarella?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• You can make fried chicken fillets filled with cheese. You have the fillets, then you put a slice of mozzarella on top and then cover it with the flour and egg mix.
    My mom used to do that but she also added a thin slice of ham, and it was delicious. She didn't use mozzarella though, but I'm pretty sure it would still taste amazing.

If you have chicken legs, you can do the same thing, but instead of fried, you can cover the legs with the cheese and then put it in the oven. Mots likely you'd have to put the chicken first, and half way in you add the cheese.

• Also a good suggestion, if you simply add BBQ sauce and swap the ham for bacon you'll get hunter's chicken.

• That's chicken cordon bleu and you typically use Swiss cheese. Mozza would be better, in my opinion.

• @9mfeo Yes!! That's the name, I was trying to remember it but couldn't come up with it. I've never tried it with mozzarella, I don't know what cheese my mother uses, but it was delicious.

• almost any pasta dish.
    buy some dough and make a pizza
    make chicken parm
    you could make spaghetti and shred it over the sauce and pasta
    you could make bruschetta (tomato, toasted bread, olive oil and basil)
    you could cut it into slices or long roll like things and make mozz sticks

man what can't you do with mozzarella cheese

• 2|1
  • Cut it into thin slices (makes melting it easy). Make a bowl of pasta and grill some chicken (or cook it however you please). Once the chicken is cooked, and the pasta is done, mix them both with your choice of sauce. Let the dish heat up, and lay some of the mozzarella slices atop the pasta.

Same as the above. Except, once the pasta and chicken are done, and mixed with the sauce, transfer the mix to an oven dish. Lay the mozzarella on top, and bake.

You could also make pizza wit it.
    Or, chicken, avocado, and mozzarella quesadillas (I make them with wheat tortillas and a healthy, homemade chipotle mayo).

• Well, you could slice it and use it on something like pizza. I don't know what kind of bread you like, but anything including toast, English muffins, or pita bread would work. Tortillas might work too, but they are thinner.

Sometimes my family takes that and tears it into chunks, so one can eat a few pieces as an appetizer. It might be too bland for some people to eat plain, so you could use herbs to add some flavor, but any other dishes with sauce or something like garlic you won't have to worry about that!

• How good are you with Pasta?

You could make Mozzarella & chicken ravioli. With a Mushroom or leek sauce.

• I looooove leek soup but I don't know that I have the patience for making ravioli XD

• Haha, understandabld, ravioli made and cooked properly is still the yardstick which professional chefs are measured by.

Try AleDeEurope's suggestion below, its a delicious one (with or without my addendum).

• there can be only one answer to this

media1.giphy.com/media/2LqQkIPKNevkc/giphy.gif

• Why dont you use it for your very own Pizza Home Made

• Make mozzarella sticks

• Apparently you can add it to soups, salads, stuff it inside fried meat things, grate it over pasta, stuff like that.
    http://www.mindmegette.hu/kereses/mozzarella
    Some of these recipes look really good, especially the fried chicken stuff with mozzarella, with bacon and stuff. Yum.
    www.mindmegette.hu/.../...abbal_n-201510170617.jpg

• Make a fresh mozzarella and tomato salad with a bit of basil and balsamic dressing on top.

Or you can make a grilled mozzarella chicken panini.

• Make lasagna.

• Lasagna is so much work though XD

• So much work? Wow I never knew 5 minuets was soo much work. It only takes me 5-6 minuets to make a pan of lasagna, I always use lasagna noodles that are oven ready, really cuts down on the prep work and time as their is no need to boil the noodles.

• Lasagna is like an entire production in this house 😰

• stuffed chicken, pizza, mozz sticks,

• I usually eat my mozzarella by itself. Eat it like a chocolate bar.

• you can use it in making a sandwich or a burger, or in any pasta chicken, or in any chicken item

• Spagetti

• Sure make a mozzarella tomato salad. Or smear some garlic over a slice of sour dough loaf and place a sliver of mozzarella on top. Then melt the bastard in the oven until golden.

• Love the jalapenos idea. Also you can make your own mozzarella sticks too!

• lol cheese sticks

• The bin is the best place for that thing

What Girls Said 18