Pancakes: Dessert or Breakfast?

I have an ongoing argument with someone who believes pancakes are breakfast food (weird, I know xD). But obviously, pancakes are dessert.

So, are you a weirdo that believes pancakes are breakfast, or are you smart and think they're dessert? :)

Pancakes: Dessert or Breakfast?

• I'm a weirdo; pancakes are breakfast
    74% (60)53% (24)67% (84)Vote
  • I'm smart; pancakes are dessert
    26% (21)47% (21)33% (42)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1
43|28

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no argument guys. Pancakes are just pure shit (a dessert). All it is, is enriched carbs and all syrup is, is high fructose corn syrup (I. e. pure sugar). Those are ingredients that are extremely effective at producing body fat very quickly.

This is basic fucking nutrition 101, but most people have no clue. These out of shape people think you have to live at the gym to have a healthy waistline, you don't even really. Just stop eating like a fatfuck!!
    Alright, I'm done venting, I feel better now

2|2
    0|0
    • Omg and now I read the comments. There's no hope. Humans are failing evolution, dolphins are going to take over soon just watch

• Show All
    • @BelleGirl21 Kodiak cakes at Harmon's. It's secret to life

• It's in my pantry as we speak!

What Girls Said 42

• Only Americans and the like would think pancakes are a suitable breakfast.

3|5
    0|0
  • Pancakes are totally breakfast food! I've never heard of anyone having them for dessert. Lol Although, I like to put chocolate chips in mine so they're still sweet. :)

3|1
    0|0
  • lol pretty sure ur the weirdo here :P everyone knows pancakes are breakfast, they're even breakfast in mcdonald's!

this makes no difference to me though since i dislike pancakes.

2|1
    0|0
  • They are a breakfast food, at least here in Canada. Don't know about anywhere else. Similar things like crΓͺpes and Belgian waffles are desserts.

My husband has said it's weird that we eat pancakes for breakfast here, as that kind of thing is a dessert item in his country.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm not a stranger to pancakes being a dessert, though. That's how it is in traditional Russian cuisine, where they're called bliny or blinchiki.

• Okay i just asked him more about this and apparently it's a very European thing. He had a bit of culture shock in terms of food when he came here lol.

• Yeah. I ate pancakes for breakfast, but they weren't seen as that, they were dessert.
      I saw pancakes as breakfast on movies only.
      I also had a culture shock with food when I got to America xD

• Don't know if your from England but we have a whole day dedicated to eating pancakes (for breakfast) called pancake day or shrove Tuesday. Definitley breakfast👍🏽

1|1
    0|0
  • I love pancakes. I voted A... I'm a weirdo I have them for breakfast lol

McDonalds have them on the breakfast menu... not desert menu lol maybe Mcdonalds is weird too lol

0|1
    0|0
  • pancakes are breakfast

1|1
    0|0
  • Ale... pancakes are breakfast.

I mean sometimes you might have them for dinner but that's called "breakfast for dinner".

1|1
    0|0
    • They're dessert... weirdo... >.>

• Show All
    • Sorry I don't mean to attack, just first comment I saw. I'm a nutrition Nazi soo just ignore me as desired.
      But ya enriched flour/white carbs basically has same effect as eating sugar. Food companies didn't care to mention that, wonder why lol.

• @ConsultantIsBack nah it's cool I don't mind being politely educated lol

• I'm a weirdo and I'm proud of it

#weirdopride

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm definitely a weirdo then
    http://replygif.net/i/904.gif

0|1
    0|0
  • I've known them to be a breakfast food item mainly. If you're adding ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles, etc... I see it as more of a dessert then.

0|1
    0|0
  • That looks delicious 😍
    I've eaten pancakes as dessert. I mostly eat pancakes for breakfast. I've definitely had pancakes at midnight too. Everyone here believes it's breakfast, but I've always thought they're more like a dessert. It works either way, though pancakes are pancakes cx

1|1
    0|0
    • When I have pancakes, I eat them whenever I want, but their main purpose is dessert xD

• I have always seen them as dessert. 😛
    Well, I haven't heard about anyone in my area eating them as breakfast food either. 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • they definitely are for breakfast, but when you think about it... they're just dessert. but they're always a breakfast food for me haha.

1|1
    0|0
  • Have crepes instead and eat them all day!

0|1
    0|0
  • Breakfast

1|1
    0|0
  • πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜› I'm a wEIrdooo PANCAKES R BREAKFAST!
    media2.giphy.com/media/H3JTUXSVNuZ4k/200w.gif

1|1
    0|0
  • Pancakes ARE breakfast!

1|1
    0|0
  • It's obviously dessert. It's a cake for gods sake

0|1
    0|0
  • both I guess but I prefer to have them in the morn.
    shit now I am hungry

1|1
    0|0
  • Pancakes are breakfast silly bear!

0|1
    0|0
  • dinner. ice cream for dessert. :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Dessert. Bc I believe they're too sugary to be considered a meal for breakfast. For breakfast I eat bowl of fruits :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not both? I eat them whenever I feel like it. Sometimes pancakes are breakfast for me, sometimes dessert.

0|1
    0|0
  • option A all da wayyyyyyyyyy

0|1
    0|0
  • Wtf breakfast of course. Churros are dessert! 😜

0|1
    0|0
  • Pancakes are breakfast

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what you put on them

0|1
    0|0
  • thy both but i eat ice cream for breakfast

0|1
    0|0
  • Pancakes are for breakfast!!

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 27

• From my point of view, Pancakes have always been just a Dessert, nothing else... only Americans think of them as a type of Breakfast.

4|3
    0|0
  • Clearly a dessert food masked as 'breakfast.' lol

It's like those muffins people eat when they're pretending to be all healthy, but in reality they're just eating a cupcake sans frosting.

2rdnmg1qbg403gumla1v9i2h-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/.../chocolate-muffins-158662668.jpg

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...leOrangeBananaMuffins.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • They're dessert. That's an American and a Queensland thing to have them for breakfast.
    Americans and Queenslanders seem to be big on overly sweet things for breakfast.

I've only ever had pancakes for breakfast in two locations. Fort Lauderdale Florida and the Gold coast in Queensland. Very similar places.
    Both times I felt like shit until lunch time. Because it's not breakfast, it's dessert.

Botj

0|2
    0|0
  • Pancakes are a breakfast food, I eat them for breakfast anyway, have since I was little, maybe I'm just strange. LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • I really think it depends what you put over them.

You can put bacon & eggs on them and call them breakfast. Or you can put fruit and vanilla ice cream on them and call them dessert.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pancakes are for Breakfast donuts are desert

0|1
    0|0
  • How do I vote if I have always thought of them as breakfast, but the notion of having them for dessert seems incredibly great?

0|1
    0|0
  • Both B|

Different pancakes for different meals.

We have a 24 hour restaurant here called The Pancake Manor, and some of their pancake dishes are huge, so filling, they're a meal on their own.

So, pancakes can actually be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert :p

0|1
    0|0
  • I thought pancakes were an American breakfast thing and if they are desserts then they are crepes.

0|1
    0|0
  • both.
    in pretty much all hotels I've been in Spain you get pancakes as breakfast.
    But here where I live, you have them as dessert or main dish, never as breakfast

0|1
    0|0
    • You do have the option to have them for breakfast, but they also have steak and fish for breakfast too hahaha but over there they're mainly as dessert.

• Show All
    • I've been in a RIU and can't remember that :p

They are pretty good by the way, liked them

• Maybe not all Riu have them. But yeah, they're pretty great hotels, especially when it cpmes to food :P

• No wonder *sigh* stop eating them shitty pancakes , you need to go 20 minutes on treadmill to burn that shit out of your body.

Enchilada with bacon and a nice sunny side up omelette, yum !

0|1
    0|0
    • I could eat 20 pancakes and don't gain a pound xD bacon is even worse than pancakes hahaha

• I need them proteins, pancakes won't give shit.

• Definitely for breakfast. I don't go "Man, I got a sweet tooth right now, lemme whip up some pancakes".

0|1
    0|0
    • I do hahaha

• Show All
    • Pancakes are so good I can eat them any time of the day hahaha

• They are good and you can eat them whenever you want, but it's a breakfast food.

• Pancakes are a main course

0|1
    0|0
  • Breakfast! Waffles are the one that are more easily interchangeable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Where im from its a breakfast food served along with eggs, toast bacon and sausage, if you can afford them, along with a glass of coffee or orang juice. Either way pancacks have way to much sugar in them, well the syrup ulch.

0|1
    0|0
  • Haha, I see people got themselves questioning wheter it's a desert or not from my poll question: "What is your favourite desert?" and pancakes was an option :P

0|1
    0|0
  • But.. They're are a breakfast thing!!! Which tbf now I think about it is weird, coz they're s more desserty food (unless they're savoury but that's even weirder)

0|1
    0|0
  • wife like them any time

0|1
    0|0
  • Pancakes are for breakfast! :D

0|1
    0|0
  • you asign people personality characteristics due to a persons food prefrences?

now that its self is weird :P

0|1
    0|0
    • Nah, it's smart... that's why I think they're dessert, cause I'm smart 8)

• pancakes are good no matter what time of day

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm on the side of both

0|1
    0|0
  • In my country they are a dessert.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pancakes are for breakfast. Weirdo and proud. ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • Breakfast obviously

0|1
    0|0
  • It's breakfast but it's practically as unhealthy as dessert food.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dessert of course. You could as well ask "Are you American?".
    Now wonder they're fat.

1|1
    0|0