Which is better and what's the difference?

• coffee
  • espresso
  • cappuccino
  • latte

Most Helpful Guy

• coffee is pressed with boiling water and takes longer to brew than coffee. because the higher amount of water it is usually lighter and not as strong as espresso and thus you don't drink as much of it (usually a 4 oz cup versus an 8oz cup of coffee)

espresso is coffee pressed through with a very hot and shorter shot of boiling water. it usually has a little foam head on it. it is usually thicker and stronger than a normal coffee

cappuccino and latte are essentially the same. they are both espresso with steamed milk. Cappuccino comes Ital while Latte is from France and Northern Europe

a good cappuccino like those in Italy is amazing. I can drink it without adding anything to it. I've come to like Espresso in the past year or two and i like the idea of both since i drink them without adding sugar which i almost always do with regular coffee

• The espresso part makes sense since it is similar to "express" meaning fast.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Coffee Latte is my favorite, but I also like Caffè Macchiato and Moccacino, and of course - Vienna Ice Coffee: bonbonsbakery.com.au/.../cof_Vienna.jpg

• I usually just prefer an ordinary coffee - The rest are just coffees with bells and whistles to me.
    A cappuccino /ˌkæpʉˈtʃiːnoʊ/ is an Italian coffee drink that is traditionally prepared with espresso, hot milk and steamed milk foam. Cream may be used instead of milk and is often topped with cinnamon (Wiki)
    Espresso (/ɛˈsprɛsoʊ/, Italian: [esˈprɛsso]) is coffee brewed by forcing a small amount of nearly boiling water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans. Espresso is generally thicker than coffee brewed by other methods, has a higher concentration of suspended and dissolved solids, and has crema on top (a foam with a creamy consistency).[1] As a result of the pressurized brewing process, the flavors and chemicals in a typical cup of espresso are very concentrated (Wiki)
    A latte (/ˈlæteɪ/ or /ˈlɑːteɪ/)[1][2] is a coffee drink made with espresso and steamed milk (Wiki)

• thanks i norm drink coffee in the am because of my cousins lol

• Depends what time of the day

Mornings = espresso
    Lunchtime = latte
    After dinner in the evening = coffee with a double shot of Jameson's

Latte and Cappuccino are espresso that has steamed milk added.
    Espresso is syrupy coffee shot that uses a small amount of water and squeezed.
    Coffee is made using a paper filter and allowed to drip through slowly with more water.

• espresso is a normal drip coffee forced through a fine filter at pressure. either using a hand press or a machine pump.

• lol thanks i was just wondering i drink coffee all the time cuss my cousin are up before me and are a pain in the ass and talk at like 90 mp and i ways say hay what's the role dont talk to me till i have had my coffee so go away

• not sure about there but in Italy cofee is generic, espresso is short concentrated coffee, cappuccino is coffe with milk and sweet foam on top and latte is just milk (coffee with milk is "macchiato")

i prefer tea honestly but cappuccino isn't bad..

• I said straight up coffee because you need a strong stomache for that! This is just a guess. The difference is coffee is plain, latte milk is added, maybe sugar, syrup, or frothiness for the last two. I really have no idea for sure.

• kk and i think im going to start drinking espresso cuss its stronger than coffee and i have to deal with my cousins

• Wrong person then, got it! (Yes, people say and do really strange things when they are tired! Lol!)

• ya well i say stupid stuff when im not so when im sleepy its like look out world crazy shit about to go down lol

• There is no "better" just your personal tastes... and i like none since i drink hot chocolate (yes i am soon 22 yet i don't drink coffee in the morning i drink chocolate)

• Latte is my favorite here, but I prefer tea.

• i drink coffee in the am and i drink tea throw out the day

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5