How can you tell if an egg is boiled?

I boil eggs all the time and I tried Google but I can't find one certain answer

0|0
7|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Personal taste - Time it from when the water is boiling usually I think 6 minutes is hard boiled so if you like it softer, time it to come out sooner, once you hit on your ideal time stick with it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I kinda wait 30 min

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Jesus Christ you all overcook your eggs. I pull mine out after 4 mins to dip my toast in. Remember they keep cooking after u fish em out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually put eggs in boiled water and leave them for 10 mins.. and that does the trick. .. never had any complaints...

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you mean check if it is already boiled? Spin it on the table, if it spins rapidly and for a long time, it's cooked. if it's slow and stops quickly, it's uncooked.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm guessing 8-10 minutes in boiling water. I've always wanted to make hard boiled eggs, but I've never gotten myself to make them. Even to make deviled eggs. Maybe one day I will.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just throw them in for 10 minutes, they're probably boiled by then.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually by timing it. 9-10 minutes for totally hard and 7 mins for yolk to be soft.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put eggs in a pot, water, bring to boil, boil for 6 minutes, take the water out and it's finished. To test, spin the egg in a spiral and if it spins, it's cooked.
    Raw eggs cannot spin.

0|0
    0|0
  • 15 minutes and your eggs will be boiled👽

0|0
    0|0
  • By seeing cracks on the surface of egg while boiling.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• They feel heavier than a raw egg when you hold them in your hand. If you're looking for an outward sign that they're finished cooking, there is none. That's what egg timers are for.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don't you buy one of those eggs that change colour in the pan? www.google.co.uk/#safe=active&q=egg+boling+timer

0|0
    0|0
  • Spin it

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 minis when eggs BOIL! 😈 media.giphy.com/media/10VqBZY5yX4nkY/200w.gif
    P. S I <3 DEVILED EGGS

0|0
    0|0
  • You take it out, spin it and see if it spins like a ball. In that case it's boiled.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't tell by looking at it. It depends on how many eggs you are boiling, in how much water, if you want it soft or hard boiled etc
    I would say 5-6 min for soft
    8-9 for hard

0|0
    0|0