The alcohol in the tequila that's in the batter will be cooked out. The tequila brushed on top of the cupcake will still have alcohol in it, but a little bit isn't gonna kill anyone lol. As long as you're not dousing the cupcake with a full shot you (and any kids or pregnant women) will be fine!
assuming you know what you're doing, yes, it does cook out. it takes time and heat though. brushing some booze over the top of a cupcake doesn't do it if you're brushing it right before serving... but a thin sheen of booze is safe for anyone. if you brush it well before hand, it's just going to naturally evaporate.
No actually... It does not completely cook out. Some science is involved here and you could test it or try to find info on alcohol evaporation cooking times... But from what I remember, for example, it takes hours before it actually evaporates when added in sauces.
But nevertheless, the amount is probably negligible... I personally wouldn't give it to young young kids just for the sake of the idea, prego women is ok.
Normally i would have originally said yes, but one time my mom got drunk off of banna flambe, even after the alcohol was set on fire to burn off, there's always a little chance the alcohol didn't fully burn or cook out
Yes it's fine for pregos and kids BUT it can be a trigger for some recovering alcoholics. It usually isn't for most dry alcoholics but if they for instance smell it cooking it can be or if you have a strong burgundy sauce or something.