If you find a hair in your food 😳, what do you usually do?

• I throw up
  • I throw down
  • Hair? Yum ❤️I would eat the plate too
  • I would just take it off and enjoy eating my food
  • Other?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 31

• It really depends if I'm eating out then I will say something and request a new meal, if its at home... and I know its mine then just take it out haha.

• I live with two shedding cats. Hair happens but I just move on XD

• I'm typically like: "Hey, I didn't ask for any DNA in my food! Lol joke, mistakes happen but can I get some new food pl0x?"

• If it's my own hair, I'll probably take it out and then keep eating. If it's a restaurant that plate is going back and I want something new. At uni the only thing to do (and we found them nearly every single meal) was to stop eating it and get something new or just stop (because it was revolting).

• Ugh, if it happened frequently, you should report them that their food is dirty

• We did =/ dining hall food is the worst. It's nice when the parents come and the first week then the quality goes to shit.

• I usually take it out and carry on eating.

• Depends, if it's home coocked I just take the hair out, it's unpleasant but it's either my hair or my Mom's hair so idc.
    But if it's outside, ew, probably ask for a new plate of food.

• Throw the food away & if it's at a restaurant, demand a manager to leave a complaint they'll never forget 😖

• Someone here commented that don't give it back and take another meal, there is a chance the chief will spit in your food ( I'm kinda convinced about this)

• That would be super gross

• If I see that it's mine, I'll pull it out and still eat my food If it's not mine, I'll gag really bad and not eat it

• Yeah we don't get upset or grossed out if it was our own hair

• Ponytails and hair tie causes shedding :(
      You are so welcome =))

• Really? Thanks, I'll keep that in mind 😊

• It depends where i eat but usually at home... ehem... it's my hair that's in my plate it heppens rarely but when it does i take it off and continu eating, but if it's at a restaurant i'll be grossed out really >_<

• I would lose my appetite and tell the manager of the restaurant or whomever.

• I just take it out and keep eating. People have hair and it sometimes falls out where you don't want it to. Deal with it.

• Try not to vomit.

• while in a restaurant? send it back and order something different.

• Ehh I mean is not nice but I just remove it and keep eating, I feel terrible when I waste food, so... Plus is not like in gonna die or something haha

• You can feed it to cats or rabbits if they were around you haha, i once bought a sandwich and it happen to have a hair, then when i told the owner i found hair in my found, he was like what hair? and he started eating the sandwich and the hair lmao to prove me there is no hair

• Haha true ^
      Hahahahahah what a good way to do so xD he was clearly hungry lol at least u didn't waste any food 😛

• hahah yea, i wasted my appetite that day :p

• Well hair in my food I would take away pieces of my food that touched it! Around the area of that hair!

• If I was the one who made the food then I'd just remove the hair, but if it's at a restaurant or someone else made it I would ask for them to take it back and show them the hair

• I would talk to the manager and than ask then for a reufund!

• I usually just keep eating. Hair is unlikely to carry anything that would make you sick. I can tolerate ONE hair but if there's more than that then that's ridiculous. I don't really understand why people freak out over hair, there's probably worse things in your food that you just don't know about anyways, so just eat.

• Picking it out and eating it. My food, my hair, my rules.

• First I throw up then I toss the food out so GROSS.

• I just remove the hair from my food and continue eating.

• Remove it and continue eating. It's gross but not the end of the world

• Yuck, I throw up

• I would just take out the hair off and then bon appetite. Why would anyone scream in a formal restaurant because someone's hair got into their food plate.

• "Can I get my money back please?"

• If its my hair I pick it out and keep eating.
    If its like at a restaurant I spit it out, ask for a refund, and never return
    If its a meal that a friend or family member cooked for me, I spit it out and come up with an excuse (say I'm full, don't feel good, and say I'll eat it later and then throw that sh*t away).

Please tie your long hair when you are preparing food for others.

• I throw up

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 29

• if i like what im eating at a restaurant or home, and im about to start and i see a hair... i'll just pick it out and keep going. but if I've been eating for a while and i was at a restaurant, i'd complain... yea i can be hypocritical like that.
    now if it was a bug... whole different story.
    once had a bug fall into my glass of vodka... i simply reached for a spoon... gently scooped the bug out, told it to go get its own drink, then flicked it away and enjoyed my drink.
    if you come from where i come from, these minor things don't worry you... aside from finding larvae or sand or your food falling on the floor... not much else will deter a brother from eating what he wants.

• I tell the waitperson "Gee, I didn't see "Hair" on the menu. Please send my meal back and replace it with a Hair Sampler!

• It happen to me 2 months ago at Boston Market I took the food and showed them and got my money back plus two free dinners when I wanted them

• If I know it's my hair, then I just get it off the food. If I don't know who it belongs... I would throw the food in the trash xD

• I'd just take it off and carry on eating. It's not the end of the world.

If i find another hair or it's a high-end restaurant, i'm sending it back.

• I once discovered a black hair under my pizza and told the waitress, and got a coke for free - that was in Frankfurt at a very popular restaurant

• I'm usually rather alarmed. Since A. I have no hair, and B. I usually prepare my own food.

• ohhh am i lucky or wot? free floss!

• D lol.

• I would just continue along eating. That doesn't bother me at all. Bugs, hair, plastic, that's all fine. When I see a finger in my food, that's when I become alarmed.

• Real men use it as dental floss
    [Heavy sarcasm]

• I don't make a scene. I just pull it out and forget about it. Why waste good food over a strand of hair.

• I study it, to identify the owner. It is usually not difficult.

• take it off and keep eating

• i normally dont eat the food and if its at a restaurant if you send the food back there's a good chance the chef will spit in your food so fucked either way

• If its mine I cannibalize It. If its another person's I instantly lose all appetite.

• i just take it off and eat the food. it happened to me sometimes.

• Maybe.. Maybe it was meant to be part of the food.
    *eats hair*

• Depends really. If it's just one little hair I'd usually fish it out and eat around it; not eating the food it touched. If we're talking like a full bush popping up then yeah I'll send it back or raise some ruckus.

• I wouldn't look at my meal the same no matter how delicious it looks.

• Home or Restaurant?
    Home, grab the hair out and keep eating.
    Restaurant. Complain and get a new meal.

• Byekkkkk !!!

• Smash the plate on the floor and walk out.

• I'd refuse to eat it. That's about it.

• i nut when she suck

• Call the server and show them the food. Nothing I do will be rude but I'll ask them nicely about what they could do.

• Was on vacation recently and there was a hair in my gf's soup. It was a nice place and shit happens. We asked for another soup. I think it messed with her and destroyed her meal.

• I would complain because it's clearly that no other than the Swedish Chef would be behind that evil hair in my food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo

• Hey it's a bonus , floss wit ya food

• Yea nets are good , but every once in a while even a fish gets out

• Lol i throw up

• I get a bit more unhappy about it if I'm at out eating , but at home I don't see it as a big deal