I was injusticed by b*tch cashier at 7/11?

So my 7 year old neighbor and I walked to the 7/11 to get slurpees (I'm 17 and I was babysitting her). When we get there, she can't decide which flavour and stuff she wants, and doesn't know if she'll like ones. I don't want to buy her something she won't eat, so I take an espresso cup (because it's small) and put about a tablespoon worth of the flavour she wants to try in it. She decides she likes it, so we fill a whole cup up for her and go to pay. Apparently the cashier was watching us 'test' the slurpee, because she charged me for TWO slurpees, and when I asked why, she said it's because of the one I "wasted". I only did this so that my neighbor would know what she was buying and couldn't decide. She's only 7, and it's not like we tested a bunch and left, she tasted like a tablespoon of one and then we ended up buying it. But she charged us for the one we bought, and for the "sip" she took. I paid double. It's not the money that bothers me obviously, it was $3.17 instead of $1.75. But I feel injusticed and that she was just being a b*tch for no reason. Should I email 7/11? Is this an injustice or was I wrong? I really don't know.

• Cashier was being a b*tch
  • I was wrong :(
She wouldn't let me leave and I feel stolen from. I also realize that she may have thought that the espresso cup was actually full of espresso and that we drank the whole thing and in this case it WOULD be stealing, but also we were nowhere near the espresso machine and why would I give an espresso shot to a 7 year old...
I didn't want to fight because
1) I was scared
2) she could barely understand English ( not to be rude it's just the facts)
3) I was with my 7 year old neighbor and there were tons of other parents with their kids in line who didn't see what actually happened, and now think I'm some kid who tried to steal from a gas station.

Most Helpful Guy

• The person was definitely a full on bitch, but I don't think you should email 7/11 and if you did I don't think that it would do anything. I'm sure that technically you are only supposed to put icees in their cups and they might have strict protocols but she could have let you go and not have been an asshole. It's called being a good human being. That's like if you are buying something for $1.06, and you gave them a dollar and five cents and then they tell you to put the whole thing back. A good person would just be like "it's cool, go ahead". She must be a bitch or having a terrible day for not letting you slide like that like literally most other people would. Anyway I think if you contact the company they will side with what their protocols and procedures exactly are instead of what is good or ethical.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly some cashiers are just bitchy. What you should have done was used the same cup for the slurpee and she wouldn't have cared (they care about the charge of the cup.) if it were me and she was doing that I would've refused to buy the slurpee and would have left. Just realize that it isn't injustice, it's just a technical rule and some cashiers would be leniant while others would nickel and dime you

What Guys Said 7

• Somewhere in the middle. You could have asked first for permission or explained what you were doing.

If it became a habit they should have clamped down but given it was a first time thing I think a little leeway was in order.

Then again you don't get much intelligence at minimum wage.

• Return to the 7/11 during the week and ask to speak to a manager.

• i test new flavors all the time. its no big deal. i think the cashier was being an asshole. call cooperate on him/her

• Damn, why'd you pay? You should have just left.

• If you threw a fit shed probaly let you slide.

• I don't know why you paid for it

• Find her address and then...

What Girls Said 8

• It was pretty extreme to charge you for a whole drink just because you took one tablespoon to taste. That's totally unacceptable, if you ask me. I don't think you would be out of line if you went back and asked to speak to a manager. If anything, she could have just asked you not to do that next time. But to claim that you wasted a whole drink when in fact you took one tablespoon to taste it is utterly ridiculous.

• some places, they charge for the cups. i think she had to charge you,. they are not taster cups. its how they organize the inventory. you're paying to fill up the cup, not for what is in the cup. like if you wanted a cup for water, you'd have to pay the price of the drink that goes in the cup.

• I would have left the slurpees at the cashier counter and walked out. If she wants to be a bitch, you don't need to buy a slurpee there.

• lmao she is just being rude, taking a sample doesn't warrant her to act like that. just let it go, she might have been new or just following orders.

• You practically eat something in the store and did not pay for it so I think the cashier mat have been correct to charge you

• you know an employee can be fired for letting shit like that go right? even if its a sip you could of just asked.

• Sounds like she was having a bad day... or she's just a bitch. 🙈

• Lol tldr