Dish ideas to feed at least 50 people?

In about a week I will have to make a meal or snacks for about 50 people. I'd prefer to go the meal route instead of chips or cookies.
Any Ideas would be helpful. I would like to stay under $60 for all the ingredients if that's even possible.
My husband thinks I should go the cold route bc there are only two microwaves for them to use.

If you have no idea, vote for which main dish sounds the best?

• Spighetti
  • A type of Pasta Salad
  • Tacos (shredded chicken or beef and maybe a beans option)
  • Asian fried rice or an Asian noodle dish like Lo Mein
Don't ask m how the fuck I spelled spaghetti wrong
me*

Most Helpful Guy

• What's your budget and purpose? That's just as important to know as your guest list.

• I don't have a set budget, but I'd like to stay under 60$ if possible. We could go over, but I'm a cheap bastard sometimes. Purpose? Say thank you to my husbands staff (he's leaving his current job).
      I wan't them to have a great meal for the day and maybe outdo some of the other people who have cooked for them in the past week (i'm also evil).
      Guest are mostly men and a few women. Probably mega nerds, around the age of 25-35.

• In that case I suggest baked Mac n cheese. It's a comfort food that most people enjoy. You can also do a side salad. Make it look nice and colorful, but it's cheap as hell to do. Keep it vegetarian friekdlym add chocolate chip cookies to round it all out or brownies. Cheap, classic, but gives you a chance to show off your abilities by using quality cheese and presentation

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• spag with pork meatballs. u can buy a whole 25 lb leg for like $25.

• Potato salad
    Mac and cheese (done right)
    Casseroles
    Ham and cheese sliders
    Chili
    Shepherds pie
    Pizza
    cinnamon buns
    Cupcakes

What Girls Said 3

• A big crock pot of Swedish meatballs goes a long way and tastes really yummy. Also, a big cheesy potato bake feeds a lot of people, too. Those are just some budget friendly options. 😊

Oh! And fruit salad. Fruit is cheap.

• I think a pasta salad would be SO easy. But I would like lo mein in the moment, so I picked that.

You could do a yummy pasta salad with fresh corn off the cob, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, blanched broccoli maybe some carrot and green beans.

It shouldn't be too hard as long as you pace yourself.

• I wondered if everything should be vegetarian, but I think he'd cry himself to sleep.

• Or, I could make my own platter >:)
      I definitely want a fruit platter now.

• ew fruit

• Spagettu seems easier to make