How do you feel about Veganism? Is there such thing as a humane slaughter?

So veganism is becoming more and more popular and I'm curious as to what people think about it.
How do you feel about Veganism? Is there such thing as a humane slaughter?I'm sure most of us know that some animals are tortured in slaughter houses and dairy farms whether it be beating the animals, force feeding them, or grinding up baby chicks, it exists. After doing some research, I've made a decision to continue consuming meat and dairy but only from sources with a good reputation (as far as I know).
But here are some questions I asked myself along the way that I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks:
1. Is there such thing as humane slaughter?
2. What are my effects on the world as a meat eater?
3. What would my effects be on the world as a vegan?
4. Are humans made to digest meat and is it healthy?
5. Do we have the right to kill and harvest from these animals?
6. Could I kill an animal myself?

Thanks guys! <3

• Yes - There is such thing as humane slaughter and I consume meat and/or dairy
  • Yes - There is such thing as humane slaughter but I do NOT consume meat and/or dairy
  • No - There is no such thing as humane slaughter but I do consume meat and/or dairy
  • No - There is no such thing as humane slaughter and I do NOT consume meat and/or dairy
  • Other - Please explain :)

Most Helpful Guy

• There is the quick and efficient way or the slow and stupid way. You are killing the animal so make is quick and painless. It's not humane. Thinking it's humane is just pure delusional. You might give them a peaceful death which would be costly or a quick death. They are still going to face the terror of getting butchered for meat.

You can have 10 million reasons to be a vegan just like the millions reasons about drinking alcohol. We still drink, just like we still eat meat (we just eat more meat).

Human are omnivores. We can digest meat but we also need other stuff. A cat also needs a little vegetables once in a while. That being said, we are built to eat a lot less than we are now and we are also built not to eat so much sugar and carb. Diabetes and obesity are everywhere and I don't see people eating less or stopping their sugar intake. We can't even follow a healthy diet! If we can't even fix the sugar issue while we can see it's killing us, the meat issue is not even an issue.

I studied environmental science but I have a degree in economics. When the dismal science data is against you, no amount of Justice or honor can save you.

• Can you digest a raw piece of flesh? Then you aren't an onomnivore

• Im actually almost done with being a mircobiolgist. But Buddhist and hindusist are healthier than us they don't eat meat and they haven't eaten meat for centuries. Obviously American has bigger food portions even McDonald's in Japan is healthier than the McDonald's here. Americas meat has more chemicals than any other country meat. They have a certain level of chemicals that are ok for humans to eat and vs too lethal to eat and Americas level is consider lethal in most countries for humans to eat. Asian countries drink tea eat rice. In India they use lots of oils like coconut in mostly every dish. Every country is healthier than America. But for me plant based helps the earth and I won't cause inflammation in my body, I'm lowering my chance of diseases.

• There shouldn't be E. Coli in your food I agree America does use too many antibiotics it's why there are a lot of anti resistant microbes. But it's why you get look at labels on the back of everything you buy. Instead of fluoride toothpaste get a toothpaste that doesn't have that etc..

Most Helpful Girl

• Im a vegan, after being a long time vegetarian.
    I dont believe there's any humane slaughter. But whats even less humane is the conditions that all factory farmed animals live it. Its truly sickening. There's no quality of life. And they dont want you to know how not all animals are rendered completely unconscious before being sent in to slaughter.

I was always uncomfortable eating meat, even as a kid. Because i love animals. Then learning more, the dairy and egg industry is really just as cruel or worse.

So, I've made my transition into being a vegan for over a year now.

Even aside from a morality standpoint, if we stopped mass breeding of livestock, this world would be a better place.
    People would be healthier, animals would be less populated, we wouldn't always be short on water, or really even food for lots of poorer countries...
    Our greedy need for meat is taking so many unnecessary recourses.

What Guys Said 30

• I'm a lacto-vegetarian, but I support veganism, although, I'm not trying to impose my views on other people.
    1. Maybe, something like euthanasia.
    2. One person has not much influence on the world.
    3. See number 2.
    4. No.
    5. I don't support killing animals for any purpose (unless it's in self-defence).
    6. I don't know, could you?

• I figure it is part of the circle of life. We take away life (whether animals or plants) to sustain our own. It's just the reality of life: we thrive off consumption.

1.) Yes. Just like if a human is death row, lethal injection is more "humane" than torturing someone to death. Likewise, animals shot/killed instantly is humane in my opinion.

2.) It's minimal I'd say because we breed animals and have livestock.

3.) Again, it's minimal: We grow our own plant life generally too.

4.) Yes. Humans are omnivores. Omnivores are made biologically to digest meat and plant material. Even in early ancestral times people went out to hunt for animals. Humans have been eating animals for thousands of years.

5.) Yes, since we ourselves are living species. We have just as much of a right to kill animals and eat them as an eagle catching a cute bunny, or a bear eating a salmon. We are high up in the food chain.

6.) Yes, I could. For instance, my dogs caught a squirrel before but didn't finish it off. I had to break it's neck with a shovel to put it out of its misery. I felt no guilt from that. I would also feel no guilt if I were raising livestock and had to kill a cow or something. I don't find killing an animal as morally wrong.

---

If someone is vegan or vegeterian, I have qualms against them, but veganism or vegaterianism is something that isn't for me. I enjoy meat and I'll continue eating it 'till I rot in the ground and provide nutirents for plant life (which in turn provides nutrients for animals haha)

• Lol. Think you meant "no qualms."

• @MSamu3l LOL oops. Yeah-- no qualms*

This is what happens when I don't spellcheck my stuff afterwards. Thank you for that.

• You're welcome bro. Was trying to keep the peeps that love to attack the little details away.

• I am tired of the senseless slaughter of vegetables. All around the world, every minute of every day, someone is cutting up vegetables. And nobody says a thing. How can this cruelty continue and nobody care? Arise, meat eaters, and fight for the good of innocent vegetables!

• 1. Is there such thing as humane slaughter?
    -- i'd say yes. obviously killing a living thing never seems ok but it is the way of the world and how things have worked for millions of years. without the death of animals at the hand of other animals for the sake of consumption the world would be overrun

-- if don't responsibly the affects should be minimal as animal populations re-produce

-- not much.

-- of course we are, hence we have the canine teeth (for tearing meat) and a digestive tract with enzymes capable of digesting certain meats

-- the right? i mean i think we'd have to define by what right. but based on biology there has to be a food chain and it is greatly impacted when even one animal goes extinct, population is greatly reduced, or their behaviors change. So guess maybe there is a Right based on Laws of Nature

6. Could I kill an animal myself?
    -- i personally don't think i could under normal circumstances but would if push came to shove

• 1. Yes - electricity or a bolt gun renders the animal brain dead virtually instantly
    2. Noticeable - it takes a lot of resources to produce a pound of meat
    3. Noticeable - it takes a lot of land, but far less water, fuel etc.
    4. Yes - if we were supposed to be herbivores, we would be herbivores
    5. We are at the top of the food chain so it's nature and survival of the fittest
    6. I've slaughtered chickens, pigs and lobsters/fish before so yeah (although they were on farms in developing countries so not in a humane manner)

Yes. Many places require it. It can involve stunning the animal, so slaughter is painless, or something like a spike gun that punctures the skull and into the brain, killing instantly and painlessly. I have no problem eating meat, but I want to know that what I ate died fast and painlessly.
    no different than otherwise. I do not produce more or less garbage because of it. My diet has no real effect.
    Same as above.
    Yes, we are. the simple fact that we eat it shows we can. every culture eats animals of some kind (unless a religion has brought that to a close). In fact, there are some nutrients that we depend on that, while we CAN get from other sources, we get easiest from meat. Lastly, it is believed that hunting food is a large part of where our need for tools, and language, and cooperation, came from, evolutionary. If we didn't need to hunt to get the food we needed to survive, we might never have evolved as we did.
    So long as we do not threaten the existence of a species? Yes. Hunting, that endangers the future of a species, should be prohibited. Cows and chickens? There are dozens of them for every person alive. they will continue on.
    6. Could I kill an animal myself?
    No. I admit that without shame. Between urbanization and refrigeration technologies, the need for a person to be able to kill their own animals, or butcher a whole killed animal, has mostly disappeared. I grew up in a culture where my meat came packaged on a shelf, and I don't think I could kill an animal, because it is something I never had to do, and I have no conditioning in life to prepare me for it.

• I think because of social media veganism is simply becoming more easily broadcasted. So everyone knows about it. The positive thing it's done is getting us talking about factory farming. As well as getting people to think about what they think and accept who/what they are. Two great things, but that's where the positive aspects of it ends. Veganism today is closer to a zealous religious movement. We know enough about how those can be problematic.

As for humane slaughter, yes I do. Humane in the sense of being civilized about it and showing enough compassion so as not to make the animal suffer.

• Sure there's humane raising and slaughter of food animals.
    Why don't food producers use it? Because it would be too costly, and would only work if everybody did it.

If you've taken a dog/cat to the vet before, you know it can be expensive.
    Imagine you have a farm with hundreds of cows and they get sick. The vet bills for your herd would be more than the value of their meat, making the business go bankrupt. If that cost is passed on to consumers, the meat from that farm would be super expensive. The average consumer isn't going to pay double or triple the price at the supermarket for their meat. While people claim to care about animal welfare, our behavior at the checkout counter does not show we care, because people ALWAYS and CONSISTENTLY choose the cheapest priced product.

So even if a business raised their herd humanely, the public would not pay for the product, and instead choose the cheap meat which was killed inhumanely and efficiently.

Even laws that forced producers to raise their animals humanely would not work. It would only apply to your own country. Many other countries will not enforce the same laws because it would decimate the entire beef/chicken/meat industry in their country and lead to unemployment and riots. So you'd basically have expensive US-produced meat, and cheap imported meat.

Guess what the consumer is going to choose?

• Life is violent and existence is fleeting. Everyone has feelings and all that crap, but the fact is that no one lifestyle choice in intrinsically more "humane" than another, simply because morals are subjective and by their very nature, ambiguous.

Personally, vegans tend to annoy me. This is due to the holier than thou attitude and constant need to tell everyone that they're a vegan.

> No, not for food anyway? It's completely unnecessary

> Just being part of a greater carbon footprint and agricultural pollution and water usage and the above slaughter via financial contribution

> Honestly the direct consequential effects are likely very small, but it's more about the principle. I mean who knows how much of your money even goes where when you guy something at a grocery store, you're so far removed from the original producer. It's about the principle of not spending your money on things that are bad for the earth, because flow of money is what causes things to happen. But it's less about the actual consequences and more about knowing you aren't responsible.

> No, definitely not. Sure we can digest meat and it's probably not unhealthy to do it occasionally (like a few times per year). Anatomically it makes no sense, it's pretty obvious from just things like this: 2.bp.blogspot.com/.../ANATOMY.jpg
    I never see any worthwhile sources claiming that meat is healthy, besides fish. I mean come on, everyone knows the healthiest foods are like seeds, nuts, and green stuff like kale and broccoli. They just don't taste good.

> No, but regardless it's more wasteful whether or not we do. I don't even try to argue the "animal rights" side anymore because peoples' sense of morality is fucked up. But the negative environmental effects are empirical.

6. Could I kill an animal myself?
    > Honestly I probably could, sometimes I can be pretty cold... but why would I?

• Re: 5, I've noticed over the years that a lot of people will say stuff like "We have the right because we are more intelligent and powerful and there's nothing to stop us" which I think is nonsense logic. If you applied the same reasoning consistently then serial killers who get away with their crimes have the right to do what they do. Rights aren't defined by what you can or can't get away with.

• Also re 1: A lot of arguments say stuff like "It's humane if they're killed instantly" etc. which I think is silly, again if the same reasoning is applied to humans then killing them instantly and painlessly is humane even if they didn't consent to it is humane as well. I don't think so...

• I don't believe in "humane" slaughter, but I still eat meat.

How do I feel about veganism, though? Well, if someone wants to go vegan then go ahead, I don't care. But the problem I have with vegans is they have this delusional way of thinking that they can make me feel guilty about what I eat and convert to veganism.

• Yeah some vegans, like any other group, can get rather annoying and in your face, Freelee is a good example. Just wish they would be more respectful of others decisions and be nicer to nonvegans

• I agree.

• 1. Yes, a properly placed bullet is pretty quick
    2. Afmittedly, the meat kndistry has a pretty significant environmental impact. Methane, pasture land, feed production.
    3. Less, but still noticeable
    4. Yes, and in moderation- yes
    5. Yes. We are omnivorves by nature, and we are still a part of nature.
    6. In my case, yes. I hunt and fish.

• I agree with you. I wish that the meat industry was easier on the planet. I don't know much about the environment and can't think of a solution but I hope we can find an alternative method of raising livestock that has less of an impact on the planet

Yes there is humane slaughter. What upsets me more than the fact that animals die is the way they are treated before they die. Keeping them locked up, as well as many of the other tortuous methods of large-scale meat producers is what bothers me.
    I can't really argue against this one. Meat production is much worse for the environment than growing vegetation.
    Hopefully, I wouldn't be the type of person that just HAS to tell everyone about my veganism outside of the context of food. I would have a reduced impact on the environment.
    Some meats are healthy, and others aren't. We are biologically built to be omnivores, so yeah we are made to digest meat.
    Again, I don't have any moral qualms about the killing of the animals so much as the way they are treated beforehand. We need to take responsibility for how our meat is harvested.
    6. Could I kill an animal myself?
    Yes. I've killed 4 deer, one raccoon, and countless fish. I ate just about every piece of those deer, and the guy I take the deer to for processing (skinning, gutting, draining, and packaging the meat by cut) gives me 20 dollars off if I let him keep the pelt. He makes deerskin products from them, I think hats are his best seller.
    The raccoon broke into our chicken coop. I heard all the hens freaking out at like 1 in the morning, went outside, shined a flashlight in there, saw the raccoon under the henhouse eating away at a dead young hen, grabbed my Remington 700, lined up the shot (was easy at about 5 yards), and shot him directly in the face. Watched him for about 30 seconds intending to make sure he was dead before I removed the carcass from the coop, but he was still alive breathing heavily and in pain. So I shot him once more and that was the end of it. He had to go, but there's no reason for him to suffer. It was him or our chickens.

• Forgot to mention 2 coyotes. Coyotes are bad news for everybody. They're population destroyers for just about everything else out there.
      Also things like veal and foie gras should be outright outlawed. They're produced in a horrendous manner, and by consuming it you are tacitly approving it's production methods.

• I have many vegan friends... and I see the reason behind it and I think it's good... but I couldn't do it myself

• veganism is stupid

• oops. i didn't see the questions... aka, i didn't read :P
      1- yeah
      2- nothing
      3- nothing
      4- duh. that's what why omnivores exist. if you don't think we should eat meat, do a simple experiment. go out into the wilderness for about 3 weeks and see how well you can live off of strictly fruits and berries... you'll most likely die in about 2 weeks if you're a skilled survivalist
      5- duh
      6- yes

• 1. Slaughter is Slaughter, never humane.
    2. Meat is in demand because of meat eaters.
    In some countries, meat consumption is very low.
    3. More vegans= less meat and dairy.
    4. People of west are accustomed to meat.
    Hindu, Buddhist and Jains have live without meat for thousands of years, they don't need meat.
    5. In olden times we hunted for food. Now we kill them in masses, like 1M per day.
    6. I'd rather kill a human than animal. Call me mad.

I'm vegetarian by the way.

• I hope you know that dairy products does not mean that a cow (or any animal for that matter) must die so that you can get a glass of milk.

• Of course but the conditions they are kept in can be inhumane. And how we get veal is also rather inhumane.

• there is humane slaughter indeed. nitrogen poisoning. it´s like you´re going to sleep. literally. people die from this by accident. cause they don´t even feel the danger of dying at all.

you just get tired and then you sleep and die. it is even proven there are no stress hormones in the meat afterwards.
    the animal wasn´t in pain or stress of sorts (this is mainly done because stress homrones make stuff taste bad).

• Cut the brain stem instantaneous death less than a second.

• I think about theory of evolution like it
    If all animal we see nowadays have a reason to exist.
    That maybe because the world need it to balance.
    Like Australian dont eat rabbit meat anymore they suffer from rabbit disaster.
    That maybe god punish them. Even you think that is right but violent god
    Maybe rabbit in cartoon is cute that make people dont eat them.
    But is it created by playing with you?
    I think that need to think about.

• Watch a BBC documentary on the lion, see how they slaughter their meat and then tell me if what we do is any worse.

I'd say any animal that gets slaughtered by a human has been blessed by the Gods and is lucky not to be torn to shreds or being eating from the butt to the head (like komodo dragons do).

• human slaughter will help all global problems. I watched one korean movie where they submited young females to some religious thing, they were chosen and led to the room one by one to table they told as automatic haircolorer but it actually shoot nail in brain to kill them. there were heroe and heroine who spread it to public but they died the same way,,, :( pitty girl

• Other:

It's petite-bourgeois first world nonsense. People in the third world have no choice but to eat those foods as staple foods. People in the first world only have the capacity to not eat meat because they have such a large selection of foods from all over the world due to the centrality of first world imperialism.

• 2. Climate change... but as I've said, people around in the third world are not going to stop eating meat.
      4. No, humans are not designed to eat meat.

• Steak all the way!!

• B, I am a vegetarian, but I do believe that animals can have a good life before being killed off.

• 1. Is there such thing as humane slaughter? Not really sure how to define this tbh. I think it's a spectrum, and i think it's a responsibility to try to be as humane as possible.

No question there are positive impacts on environment from a plant based diet.

Yes, but not in the quantities we currently do.

Under what rights framework?

6. Could I kill an animal myself?
    Yes.

• The only reason I would ever consider veganism is because of the possible health benefits, but honestly I just don't care about animals. I know, that's terrible to say, but I really don't. Is there such thing as ethical slaughter? I don't know probably not, I think the only people who would even ask such a question are those who are unsure about using animals for food in the first place so I wouldn't ask, and I wouldn't be too picky about how the animal was killed when I eat it.

• Everyone kills living things every day in order to live or just for convenience. Most of these creatures are very small, dust mites, insects or microorganisms but they are as alive as a chicken or a cow. The moral (or humane) standard of killing is down to your moral relationship with the thing killed. What consideration morally to you owe to it? Even killing another human can be moral if your moral relationship is negative, they are trying to kill you for example. I would say your moral relation to a domestic animal raised for food is to do your best not to mistreat or make it uncomfortable but since it owes it's existence to human intervention I don't think you owe it the consideration of not being killed and eaten.

• slaughter COULD be humane but it's done as cheaply as possible, cutting costs and respecting hygiene rules.
    Depriving my self of meat wouldn't help.

• I can understand people who don't eat meat for that reason.
      My son has some chickens in his garden. I don't see why I shouldn't eat their eggs.
      And yes, cows are milked. So what?

• The way animals take down prey in the wild is way more brutal than how we slaughter animals for food production.

• Because they are designed to, that's why they have sharp teeth and claws. Animals have a part on this earth.

• @rsstanford she says posting on the internet...

• I mean about spirituality and being one with the universe.

What Girls Said 16

• Humans are designed to be herbivores. If we humans are really "meat eaters"then why do we need to cook the meat instead of eating it like other meat eating animals? Can you eat a dead cows flesh without any heat, if u can and your body doesn't reject it then us humans are meat eaters. Have you ever seen conspiracy? So animals are being killed off more than they have in years. Everything on this earth has a cycle. Once all the animals are gone because of humans we won't be able to survive that long. Humans are destroying this earth, for example, fishing they don't even give fishes enough time to breed so some fishes are starting to become extinct like blue salmon. The sea floor is destroyed because of machines used to catch sea creatures for food. And water is what makes up this earth if us humans keep destroying the sea bed there won't be any fishes and we need fishes because they have something that allows us oxygen for us. We are apart of this earth and we are animals with thumbs and clothes that's all we are. You don't need meat to survive there are many civilizations that don't eat meat and are healthy. The burgers from McDonald's and other food chains, it's not meat it's ammonia. You have a right to know what your eating and if you choose to ignore it then why put something in your mouth if you can't stomach looking at it. Being vegan saves more animals and it's helping the planet. Look up what these animals do for the earth you need more research. Taking another's life whether animal or human is fucked up. Killing animals and using their flesh it's more of a money thing. Meat is a multimillion dollar product. Let's tell people eggs are " nutrient- based" let's tell people dairy (pus) is good for the bones. Their selling people lies for millions. Find out the truth and if u live America, it's way worse here. Others countries levels of mercury for fish or for chemical levels for food for people to eat, are way less than in America, it's consider lethal in other countries the level of mercury thats ok for fish to be consumed. Do more research watch earthlings and tell me then if u can kill an animal.

• People eat raw meat all the time.. it's a delicacy in many cuisines. I would never consider meat from a fast food industry real meat. Between the fillers and quality, it's no good so I avoid it.
      As far as taking another life, it's apart of life whether it's killing for food or getting mauled by a bear. I respect the vegan lifestyle but killing is apart of life and I personally don't want to tell a tiger to stop eating.
      I think about every industry is money oriented sooo point? Eggs are a chicken's period so I'd expect it to be nutritious. Milk is for an infant animal to develop so it's naturally packed with a lot of stuff to help that infant grow. So I'm just taking a wild guess that that product would be good for bones.
      You should moderate the amount of fish you consume, and you could say the same with produce that contained harmful pesticides..

• @ted22 no anger doesn't get to me. I won't give someone that kind of power.

• Cool take care. Nice chat 😊

• AMAZEBALLS lifestyle! Wish I'll manage to to go vegan someday, currently I'm a vegetarian. At least them vegans don't have to lose any sleep at night, because they're not indirectly responsible for all that hell that happens in the meat and dairy industries. Is there such thing as a humane slaughter? Perhaps but I still will never eat a living thing, it just seems wrong to me personally.

• I get where you're coming from, but I'm curious. How do you feel about say cane sugar (which can be processed with animal products) or tattoos (where the ink or somethings the use in the process also has animals products namely bone or gelatin I believe)

• I figured. May be hard to avoid but not impossible.

• Avoiding 99% even if you can't avoid every last bit is still better than not trying haha.

• I Love being vegan. I have more energy than most people my age and younger, I look at least a decade younger than I actually am, and certain issues I had before I stopped eating meat (asthma, acne, etc) completely went away within the following year. plus, I never actually liked the taste or texture of meat as a kid.

I think there are many ethical ways of raising and killing animals for food. sadly, very few farmers care to use those methods. for most it's all about making as much money as they can as quickly as possible.

• I think its an amazing lifestyle choice that does good to for the environment, your health and especially the animals. However, a lot of vegans i've come across online turned me away from veganism because of their judgmental attitude towards non-vegans. They think their diet (i know its not a diet) is the most optimal diet in the world and everyone should be a vegan which is totally not the case. We all have different ways we react to food and sometimes the vegan diet just doesn't work for some people. I can respect the choices of vegans, just dont push it down every single persons throat and start getting preachy about it and imposing the lifestyle on everyone.

• Hi there. I've been a vegan for about a year and a half and I'm so glad you're asking these sorts of questions. So I'd be glad to answer.

No there is not. Killing an animal is taking a life and such an act of violence can never be justified. Being gentle or making sure the animal doesn't feel any pain doesn't take away from the fact that you are killing that animal.

a. Murdering of animals
    b. Depleting of grain and water resources.
    c. Air pollution

a. Going vegan saves 200 animals a year.
    b. You lessen the straight on the environment.
    c. Helping to end poverty.

Meat is absolutely unhealthy. Cutting meat and dairy out of your diet reduceces your chances of getting cancer, cholesterol, heart disease, and 1000s more illnesses.

Absolutely not. The earth doesn't belong to humans. The earth belongs to all creatures and we need to respect animals.

6. Could I kill an animal myself?

You could but you shouldn't.

• Im quite sure its a movement that had great principle but has truly turned into a hate movement in recent years who think animals have the same rights as humans yet support abortion (at least be consistent) and attack anyone who eats meat. Meat (save pigs) is great for human health and vegans look very sickly most of the time.

• Meat eaters look sickly most of the time, vegans usually look beautiful in my opinion :D

• The most humane way to kill an animal is a direct bullet to the temple. Instant death. No pain.

And meat is delicious.

And yes, I could kill an animal if need be. And if I couldn't - my dad does it six days a week.

• Studies have shown that because of evolution, humans do require meat. The protein and such in meat are just too essential to let go of. Even monkeys eat meat.
    HOWEVER, eating meat every day is a bad choice. That will cause too much protein which can lead to some issues.
    Most dietists recommend eating meat 3/4 times a week, fish included.

Dairy is also known to help improve calcium, but again, not too much.

• If you can practice it permanently without damaging your health, its a great achievement. Thats all i think of veganism for now.

• Without damaging?
      Im the healthiest I've ever been. And so are many people i know.
      Not that you can't be healthy otherwise. But there's many benefits to a solid plant based diet.

• I happen to be one of those people, I never at plants as a kid, and in order for me to function right or feel okay I need a good amount if protein and fat. I tried veganism just to see how it would go and I couldn't focus and I felt horrible

• You needed supplements and eat more than usual

• Is this poll suggesting human slaughter resulting cannibalism?

• I'm not vegan but I have nothing against it but vegans always try to let everyone know they are vegan

• Not really, you probably just get that impression from those ones because the other ones stay quiet hahaha.

• there is such thing as humane slaughter and i eat meat and dairy BUT only reason i'd become vegan is because i don't want gross modified hormone filled meat and dairy products in my poor body

• i'm a vegetarian

• I believe it's a perspective thing, like how would we like to be put down in order to become food? I believe everybody's opinion would be different.

• I don't consume meat, eggs or honey... haven't been able to cut out dairy - well cheese... I let go of everything but cheese... I don't eat it often but it makes my week better when I have 2 pieces of cheese on a kaiser with a whole dill pickle cut up and put on there... mmmmmm, other then my occasional sandwich I have cut it out but life isn't worth it without my sandwich!

I am a vegetarian. I can't imagine being grown in a confined area to be slaughtered. I don't know. I don't think too deep about it. Doesn't feel right to me so I don't do it whether there is a humane way to do it... well, sure... anything that allows the animal to have a full life and die with out pain would probably be considered humane to me but like I said I don't think too deep about it, to me it doesn't sit well so I don't do it.

• 1. At the end of the day you killed a living thing, weather you're nice or not it still died, if someone is nice to you but kills you nicely that doesn't make it any better now does it. 2 + 3. As a vegan You'll be providing a better future for your grandchildren. 4. we didn't eat meat and diary in the beginning of life and were not made to digest it, however the human body has developed, that being said meat and dairy causes not only obesity but also many heart and blood diseases. 5. NO 6. You can only answer that