How many cups of coffee does it take to make you functional for the day?

Just curious to see who the avid coffee drinkers are.

• 1 cup
  • 2 cups
  • 3 cups
  • 4+ cups
  • Other - Please explain

Most Helpful Girl

• I need two. One in the morning and one after dinner. It makes me feel relaxed and to function also.

• I love having one cup at around 830pm sometimes to relax me. Nice to see I'm not the only who uses coffee for relaxation.

• All good

• Thank you for MH

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 37

• 16-20 oz of good coffee.

• I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and then drink a Red Bull gradually throughout the day, starting a few hours after the coffee. Coffee doesn't effect me much, I just like the taste.

• none!!!

• I hate coffee but I do need to drink like five cups of tea a day.

• None for me, I'm pretty functional without coffee.

• I don't drink caffeine. I rely on getting enough sleep and eating the right food to give me energy.

• Coffee doesn't affect me. I'm an insomniac so I don't need coffee. I also don't drink hot drinks, they're gross.

• That's why they have iced coffee :D

• Sorry I'm not trying to argue with you and you're right I shouldn't assume what you like to drink. I don't have a problem if you don't like coffee either. And I also have anxiety and insomnia. I'm mostly just trying to say it probably does have an effect on you and you just aren't noticing it... that's not to say you have to like it or anything.

• @frozenhorizon I'm 26, I've drunk enough of the stuff in my life to know it has no affect on me. The same as all drugs have a higher or lower affect on certain people.

• nothing can make me function properly. not even coffee.

• I don't need coffee to function, however, it is a tasty treat.

• I only drink tea (y)

• Coffee destroys me.

• None. I'm not a fan of coffee.

• 0 cups.

• Coffee doesn't really affect me, nor am I dependent on it.

• It takes 1 big cup of tea :P

• I don't need coffee to be functional, but it tastes good, so I drink a cup every morning. :3

• I don't need it to be functional but it definitely has become a routine for me. Bout to grab my third for the day.

• I don't drink coffee.

• zero!

• I don't drink coffee since it gives me serious headaches. Nobody knows why I get these.

• Too much caffeine maybe? Do you drink other caffeine heavy drinks?

• Not really but I don't get a headache from energy drinks.
      My dad had this too when he was younger. He sometimes even got migraine from drinking coffee.

• Pretty crazy. That would be enough to keep me away from coffee

• Two usually. Or one Venti from Starbucks as a treat.

• Just one because I don't drink it regularly only when I've had a long night.

• I'm down to 2-3 cups now.

• One cup of coffee is enough for me.

• Vote D = Four back-2-back just to start my day

• 4 to start? Damn. Do you drink more throughout the day or is 4 your max?

• ... yes, coffee = my awakener + false energy. I do drink up to 8 cups but am super racy and VERY hard to be around then, especially if I am annoyed.

• Geez that's a ton of coffee. I see lots of trips to the bathroom in your future.

• I don't need coffee to be functional. I just drink every once in awhile for the taste.

• I don't drink coffee

• 0
    I don't drink coffee

• 0 cups, I don't need coffee to be functional throughout the day.

• Coffee does nothing for me, just tastes good.

• None I don't like coffee I prefer hot chocolate

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 21

• 1 cup of coffee followed by a massive poop and then I am jumping for joy.

• i drink a cup per day. never drank coffee til i joined the working world after college

• at least enough to where i have to use the bathroom or i istay put for a while. im just to dang tired to move in the mornings lol

• Im hit or miss with coffee since I started drinking energy drinks. But I usually drink around a pot a day.

• I drink coffee as water but I really find it is not good.
    I can sleep but sleep unwelly.
    I am adjusting it

• I don't drink those things much , a glass of orange juice with some lemon on it makes me great for the rest of the day

• A big fat 0 :p

• Can't drink coffee. It makes me sick.

• No option for 0? I like me some tea.

• Really didn't think there would be this many 0s man. Kind of shocked a bit, but as a coffee drinker I really am only around other coffee drinkers. Feel like at work, no one comes in without a tumbler though, funny I guess.

• I usually drink two, but I'm not really dependent on coffee. I just tend to be a bit sleepy if I don't drink any, besides that I can function properly.

• I mostly just drink it because it tastes good. That "drinking coffee to wake up" thing strikes me as a placebo more than an actual cause and effect.

• Definitely agree, just wanted to see some different takes on the matter.

• I dont drink coffee and if I did, only 1 cup would be enough.
    However lately I haven't had much sleep so I had to drink some the other day, once I go back to normal I won't even look at coffee.

• 0... because it tastes digusting

• Zero, don't drink coffee lol

• I don't drink coffee. If I do have something caffeinated it will be a caffeine pill which is safer.

• Why do you think it is safer?

• Because it is just pure caffeine and some lactose to cover the pill. Coffee is covered in random amounts of chemicals when it gets shipped to the US, then it is fermented and every coffee company adds their own preservatives to it. Not to mention if you get it at a coffee shop where the employees dirty the coffee even more.
      I'm only intaking 1 ingredient. By drinking coffee you're ingesting a ton of ingredients. Like the difference between butter and margarine.

• I don't drink coffee

• It depends on what you mean by "coffee". I only take espressos or corrected espressos.

• Do disrespect to Yemenis but coffee is stupid!

Tea for the win!

• i never drink that nasty shit.

• 2 cups- - - - - -

• 00000000000

• One more cup of coffee til I go
    To the valley below