Would you consider going vegetarian?

like i seriously don't get the obsession with the greasy, fatty disgusting bacon... like smoked salmon i get it but bacon is ew.

• am a vegetarian
  • i would test it out
  • meh don't really care
  • pescetarian
  • why the fuck would i do that i mean ew healthy saving the planet gross
  • i'm a sick motherfucker who loves bacon
  • VEGAN IN DA HOUSE

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't eat meat already. I'm considering going vegan until I can raise my own animals in a way that I want. But it's really hard in my area to find vegan alternatives to bridge the gap.

What Guys Said 31

• The entire idea that eating meat is bad for the planet is a lie. If that were the case, animal conservation would also be bad for the planet. What these people do, is to only calculate the effect of the animal, and not the fact that land has to be set aside to grow food for the animals that will be used to grow more plants as feed for the animal.

If someone has to lie to support their belief, then they clearly don't have a strong case to make. I don't eat a lot of meat, but I am not giving it up because some people that want to feel special think they can shame me into changing my lifestyle.

Your attitude about people that eat meat, as well as your need to lie about the facts, is exactly why so many people now have a problem with vegetarians. I think people might hate vegetarians, more than they love meat at this point.

It will not save the planet. Killing animals for food is a non issue. You don't live longer or become more physically fit by avoiding meat. You can live a healthy lifestyle by by simply eating a well balanced diet even if that includes meat.

• I hate about 90% of all vegans, "most" of them are annoying as hell and think they're Superior to everyone else because they "save" the environment, not saying they are all like that but most of them I have met are. Also they do realize that in order to plant wheat and vegetables you have to cut down tree's/forests and tear up the earth in the fields in order to till the land and make it ready to seed and plant right? also vegetation absorbs carbon dioxide from the environment which is toxic to humans, eating up more vegetation technically leaves less of it to absorb it also eating a lot of vegetation causes you to emit methane gas which is harmful to the environment.

Also being vegan isn't that healthy for you actually, not as much as they think it is. The only way to be truly healthy is eating a balance and healthy intake of food that includes vegetables, dairy, fish, fruit, nuts, wheat's/grains and meat.

Also wild game hunted in the wild is actually far more healthy then any vegetable you can eat due to all the herbs and vegetation the animal eats and those nutrients are absorbed into the meat, this has been proven by a nutritional standpoint to be healthier then any one vegetable and very healthy when eaten with a balanced intake of food from all food groups, the meat is also incredibly lean with low fat content.

Also if you vegans truly cared about the environment then you wouldn't drive cars which emit pollution, you wouldn't buy or build houses or furniture which use up lumber taken from forests, you wouldn't use technology which in general it's production has negative effect on the environment due to pollution from factories you also have to be careful because technology is not easy to get rid of (throw away) in a safe manner also you do realize that when you eat vegetables your literally eating decomposed animals carcasses and shit right? we have a saying in Kansas when driving around in the countryside when you smell shit you take in a big whiff and say ah smells like money, you wanna know why? because the farmers use the cow crap from their herds as fertilizer for their crops because it makes the earth fertile and easier to grow stuff in.

Also those big buff vegan bodybuilders and fitness guys you see promoting veganism I guarantee you they are either taking drugs, steroids, whey protein powder directive from eggs and or supplements or are eating meat in secret.

• In the end vegans are hypocrites who think that making one change to their life. diet will save the world and make a difference all the while acting superior to other people while practicing many of the same world damaging things everyone else does.

If you want to be truly healthy and live a long and healthy life style then you need to eat a balanced and nutritious diet/intake of meat either wild or organic, vegetables, fruit, fish, wheat/grain and dairy. Be hydrated by drinking lots of water and drinking things like black coffee and various teas. And practicing proper and consistent exercise and fitness which is the closet you'll get to the fountain of youth.

Source: Studying at the International Sports Science Association and will have a degree/certification in nutrition, the bodies dietary needs, human physiology, biology and proper fitness, also a hunter, fisherman and nature lover and enthusiast.

Not a vegan never will be.

• the milk argument is animal milk vs human milk so yes we should drink milk but not animal milk.
      just cause you don't know anyone who is lactose intolerant doesn't mean it doesn't exist- there are facts and statistics that prove it - don't believe me google it.
      finally if you can prove in written writing that the vegan diet isn't a healthy one please do , if you have actually evidence from reliable sites it might be possible but you saying that you can prove it shows nothing.

• the milk argument is animal milk vs human milk so yes we should drink milk but not animal milk. Cow milk is proven to be better for adults as well as growing kids, also you can't farm human milk so the argument again is ridiculous.

http://empoweredsustenance.com/is-vegan-healthy/

http://naturalhygienesociety.org/diet2.html

http://naturalhygienesociety.org/diet3.html

anthonycolpo.com/.../

• I already tried being vegetarian when I was 24-28 years old. I liked the exploration of foods, I learned so much about how messed up the animal industry is, I liked limiting suffering of other animals, etc... I tried being vegan.

But I ended up becomming less healthy. Possibly beause I did it wrong as I'm very active. But I started to hurt. Now It just makes me open to eating vege, I think in general it is more healthy to limit meat intake and more vegetables. But, I do eat it.

• Never!!! Meat is too good and I wouldn't want to be part of a group like vegans, they're the worst, I mean, just look at your options XD

• why are vegans the worst? do you mean because i put hoe i personally feel about meat eaters?

• @Phoenix98 can u rephrase using grammar cause i can't understand what that says, something about animal poop as fertiliser but I'm not sure what the rest says

• Yeah I was typing to fast, sometimes I screw up what I'm saying.

Basically what I was saying was that what you were saying is true. But to make the ground fertile and to help crops grow, farmers often his animal dung for their herds as fertilizer usually from dairy and meat cow herds.

And in nature what makes the ground so fertile and what natural fertilizer is, is animal corpses aka dead animals as well as animal dung.

It's also worth noting that in order to expand fields needed to grow crops they have to cut down any forests in the way and tear up the ground, basically destroy the area in order to take out any obstacles, like tree's, stumps and tear the ground up, in order to make it soft enough to plant seeds, as you can't plant in hard ground.

• I was raised vegan, hell no.

• Please, impress your beliefs upon me more.

• Never. I already have days where I eat vegetarian by chance. Nothing against it. But when I want protein, meat is the easiest and tastiest source of it. Stuffing my face with beans, lentils and trace sources like oats just aren't worth it. And all the benefits of get from a vegetarian diet can be attained on a keto diet which is far more enjoyable.

• Never meat is too good! I ! Haha plus there is no solid scientific facts only theorys that stat it would save the earth. You wanna know what causes the most emotions into the atmosphere? Termite ants. Get rid of them then we have part of the solution. Also animal fat and protein is good for you!

• I wouldn't become a vegetarian, but I have no problem going without meat/animal products for extended periods of time. There are plenty of dishes you can make with fruits, veggies, and grains that taste good. I do feel better though when I get high amounts of protein in my daily diet.

• meat isn't the only place where you get protein from though

• ahh so you would just personally prefer not too because to you its just better

• Yeah. From both a point of view of taste preference and sustainability I think it's wise to continue eating meat. I am an omnivore after all. While you lose about 90% of the energy each tropic level, it is still easier to raise meat than it is to manage large mono culture grain fields. Personally I'd like to produce most of my own food in the future. So when you consider stable crops in temperate climates, you kind of come up short if you're not growing annual grains for calories. Seasonal legumes, nuts, drupes, tubers (i. e. potatoes, American ground nut, etc.) are great, but as a vegetarian you have to strongly depends on the starches of grains for sustenance. Meat is a great way to add some diversity and food security to diet if your able to eat animals that are sufficient foragers either raised or hunted.

• i'd die of starvation baha

• I would consider it, I like meat on occasion, but I feel so much better/healthier when I just eat veggies.

If my girlfriend just ate veggies then I could follow-suit without a problem.

• Nah, I like my meat. But I never got the appeal of behind. It tastes weird.

• I'm a sick motherfucker who loves bacon! I have bacon flavored mayo in my frige. I'll take that over having smelly pee any day of the week.

• Meat is a normal thing for humans to eat. Going strictly vegetarian is an aberration, though I stop short of calling it a perversion.

Eat whatever you want :-) I'll do the same!

• Hell no lmao I'd like to stay big jacked athletic

• I need my meat, I have vegan friends and I don't judge them, but your body needs meat to stay healthy

• would you consider your vegan friends to be healthy?

• If they still eat the required food to get the right vitamins/iron and don't get iron deficiency, I still see them as healthy, but my friends don't always seem to do that. They are tired a lot, so I started cooking for them once a week, vegan, with alternatives to meat that still give the required nutrients

• hell fucking no, give me that bacon

• If I go vegetarian, will I officially become a real giraffe? 🤔

Why wasn't I born as a real giraffe instead? 😪

• i can test it out. but i love meat.

• Not at all. I will stick to eating bacon, so you can keep your vegan promotions to yourself.

• okay have fun literally eating animals shit

• Well, by your logic... You do realise by eating vegetables, you are also literally eating decomposed animal bodies and animal shit as well?

• Not a chance in hell

• Just for couple days. I need less meat in my life. There so many terrible things they put in meat.

• Screw the planet
    I want my steak

• Load of crap about the planet. Consuming all this vegetation will leave less to absorb carbon dioxide. Plus eating lots of vegetation cause you to emit methane which is harmful gas to the environment and increases global warming.

• @bobbyxxx rating all these cows to get dairy from/ brutally slaughter causes more methane than that

• In the words of Raven from teen Titans

That rabbit food... I'm not a rabbit

• Fuck that. Love my meat, especially B A C O N.

• no im not dumb

• lol nah

• I ain't giving up meat for nothing but Lent.

• meat is murder man. jk.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 32

• I like my meat and also dislike vegetarians. Yes you don't eat meat, congratu-fucking-lations. Don't try to make me feel bad or give up meat when i don't try to force you to eat it.

• you clicked on this quiz and decided to answer it... it was your choice. but now that you are here it proves that you feel bad as you are getting angry about it.
      also why would you force someone to eat dead flesh?

• thats not creepy at all...
      just think of the reaction if you replaced the word rabbit with dog or cat or a poetic animal like that

• It was in the scouts when we were on this farm. The rabbits were digging holes in the cattle field which would result in the cows breaking their legs and dieing of infection. They had to be killed to prevent harm to the cattle. And dog meat isn't the best, was a bit tough for my liking. Not tried cat however.

• I recognize that going vegetarian is actually pretty good for you, but ehh I like chicken and burgers and shrimp.

• vegetarian versions of them?

• I never said you were dumb XD

• @AleDeEurope ahh yes but you certainly implied it

• Bacon is alright - it's not my favorite. Steak, burgers, and ribs are what I love most.

I could never be vegetarian or vegan. If anything, I could maybe possibly be a pescetarian. But I'm anemic, so as much as I love meat, I kinda need it.

• I could probably do it with the exception of some seafood.

• NEVER!

• No way. I already have a lot of dietary restrictions I have to follow, so why would I add yet another one on purpose?

• to live longer and healthier? to feel better/ to save animals/ to save the planet?

• I understand those reasons, but in my case meat is one of the only things I can just pick up and eat without worrying if it contains peanuts, nuts, dairy, shellfish, or strawberries. At this rate, I'm surprised I can still eat bread.

Meat is one of the best ways for me to supplement my dietary needs. So for me to give it up is not the healthiest choice.

• I would never become a vegetarian, I love meat too much. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those meat freaks and bacon fan, I don't even eat pork meat, I have meatless days every week, I believe in helping the environment, but my body needs the nutrition that meat provides, so I won't give it up. I just always make sure that the animal that I eat wasn't stuffed with antibiotics and that it had a decent life before it was killed.

• I tried it, would never do it again lol.

• Already am 😛 Since I was like 10 or so.

• I don't like enough fruits and vegetables for that to be a healthy option for me

• there is more than just fruit and vegetalbls though, like carbs and dairy and literally everything

• I like 2 of those things... which is why this wouldn't be healthy

• oh that wasn't the whole list that was as much i was bothered to type out

• I can't do it. I do love vegetables more than meat but I really need meat in my diet. I love eggs and seafood plus I came from a culture where meat is the primary food. Even if I try to go vegetarian my parents will force me to eat meat and there is no way I can get away with it.

• I hate vegatables so Id never be one. I love chicken and burgers too much I could never give up meat.

• No..

• go vegan, tbh it's not that hard

• Let me guess honey, your vegan? SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE BABY!
    There. Are you happy now.

• i'm not vegan though i just have opinions
      also if i was i would be a fucking special snowflake baby so thank you!

• no. i love steak too much. chicken. i'm not a bacon fan.

• I've been one before but meh bacon is so fucking good and so is chicken and so is hamburgers wrapped in bacon. I just can't live with out it its too fucking good.

• Never, I love meat.

• i would test it out, i've tried before

• Nah I don't subscribe to the belief. And we would have beliefs that are way to different. I was pretty much a vegetarian for about 3 years. We are supposed to eat.. lol this whole vegan vegetarian thing is beyond illogical to me.

• what changed your mind - why did you decide to go vegetarian and why did you decide to stop?

• I had a hippie phase. And I stopped because I grew out of it. I mean most people are turning vegan because it on trend, people wanna feel apart of a group and belong. And Veganism is pretty big now, people like the glamorization of it, It saving the world doesn't make sense if you think about all the toxins that exist underneath the ice. Which thousands of times worse than we have now. This whole don't eat meat thing is just businesses making money off of people who aren't thoroughly thinking about how is This possible.

• I had my moment were I passed a year without eating any meat or so
    I could do it

• whats stopping you? a lot of people say that they could do it but they aren't but I'm really confused on why not if you can

• that is an unusual case but ( i know i sound like freelee) maybe you did it wrong
      also hw did you become engrossed out by meat

• I did it wrong? I didn t really plan on anthng
      I basically spent most of my time on campus and eating sandwiches and from the vending machine
      didn t have much time for anthng else.
      I don t know I had a bad year in general, and seeing chicken and meat in barbecue disgusted me. also fish...

• Nope I love steak

• Not sure what I would eat without meat lol. Plus some fat is good for you anyways, love meat.

• all the food you normally eat plus vegetarian versions of the meat?

• I'd get tired to fruits and veggies. I don't consume a lot of dairy and refined grains are a no no. I don't want to know what's in meatless meat.

• I don't see the point, no.

• I will never go vegan! I love corn dogs!

• And giving up on BACON? Naaaah.

• okay seriously why do people like bacon? like even when i ate meat didn't like it

• I don't know... tastes good... salty... fat as hell lol, so I don't eat it often but I guess we like everything that's not good for our health.

• i would try it

• what did you hope to accomplish with this attitude?

• Only for a week. I done that many times before

• More from Girls
    2