Vegetarians vs Meat eaters? Can't we respect food choices of each other instead of preaching?

Let me start. I am a vegetarian since birth. By vegetarian I mean lacto vegetarian. I was raised as one because of religious beliefs. I started eating meat a few years ago in really small amounts. Why? Because I just wanted to try it out. I still eat it in small amounts (like one or twice a year, a small piece). I have tried only chicken so far. I can't digest anything more than that.
So I'm vegetarian for most of the part. It has nothing to with the animal cruelty. I love leather jackets ;). For me it's just for the taste and that my body can't digest a large amount of it.
I don't think anyone who eats meat is any "less" than me and I'm superior to them somehow. It's just a food choice for me.
I still don't understand why people are so tender about it?
If someone likes steak, let them. If someone likes veggies, let them. Can't we be objective about that?
Both food choices can be equally healthy if we eat properly. So why why why fuss about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly it is because vegetarians try to shame meat eaters so often. This has caused most people to hate vegetarians. I have never met a vegetarian in that didn't eventually start to act judgmental about other people eating meat. I think this is done either as a way to convert others, or as a way of them letting others know how much better they think they are than us. Apparently we are actually super villains that are destroying the entire planet now. lol

Most vegetarians just don't have the attitude you do. Or if they do they remain so quiet about it so we never find out they are vegetarians. Just check out the attitude of this vegetarian and you will see the kind of attitude that has caused people to have an issue with them. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1990583-would-you-consider-going-vegetarian

What Guys Said 23

• I have no problem with people who are vegetarian because of health reasons, religious belief, of just because they personally don't like meat.
    I don't go about preaching the virtue of meat, or insulting vegetarians.

Vegans, on the other hand, I despise. Because I have never met a vegan who did not make sure everyone in a quarter mile radius of them KNEW they were vegans, nor have I ever met one who didn't immediately set out to explain to me why I am Satan incarnate the instant they discovered I was not vegan.

Once you have someone call you a murderer, because you had a chocolate milkshake, you start to, very quickly, lose all hope of having any degree of respect for them, or their kooky belief that drove them to act that way.

I'm fine with non-preachy vegetarians, and leave them alone. I have never met a vegan who had the slightest idea how to act like a human being, and not a giant, walking talking moral superiority complex.

• I love animals and the world is a cruel place. So in order to not make animals suffer too much in this world, I buy and eat meat. It's a win-win. I get to eat meat, and animals get to suffer less in this horrid world.

• I don't mind when someone says they are vegan, but most vegans I've met are very full mouthed and randomly say their arguments on why they are vegan which really annoys me. We need meet, and the proteins, fiber and high amounts of iron they contain, very much like we need eggs, they are very complete foods and we actually could live off eating only meat for long periods of time. Obviously, we also need veggies, I love vegetables for one, but meats are essential.

I love animals myself, and when I say I eat meat then vegetarians counter with "you don't love them" and that's absurd. First off, I rarely eat sea food, except for fish, and the reason is because it's a pain the ass to brutally kill and prepare crab and lobsters to merely eat the little flesh they actually have. I can say the same thing about dogs and cats, I don't eat them because they are domestic animals, not farm animals. You kill (humanely) a cow and you'll get plenty of meet from there, with various cuts, same goes with chicken, very unikely to get the same results and flavor from a cat lmao

What makes us different from other animals is that we kill these animals humanly, unlike wild nature which is really an a bitch to these animals:

m.youtube.com/watch

*Horrifying video, really. But it goes to show how instinctual it is in our nature to eat flesh, then again a humans wouldn't normally do this.

• … but we don't kill them humanely. We are actually worse than those wild animals.

• And here's the other article I was referring to earlier: modernfarmer.com/.../

• Just because it's 'illegal' doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The slaughterhouses DO mistreat animals, and they are clearly trying to make it seem like they aren't by writing these stupid articles to cover themselves up.

• I enjoy both, so if someone I with says they are vegetarian, vegan, or whatever, I am down with that!

I often eat veggie foods during the week and maybe have some meat on the weekends.

I like the lighter feeling that comes with eating vegetarian.

• I Like meat but if someone don't like it or choose not to eat i don't mind.
    Just do 't Like halal meat

• Yes we can as long as she goes with me to my favorite Steak house and is upbeat about it and not throwing her two cents in.

• That's cool. And people on a diet eat no or less meat, because it is caloric. It's just the sanctimonious "Vegans" who annoy us.

They want us to eat like we live under Pol Pot, and deep in their demented commie minds they want us to live like that, too.

• You say this like us omnivores are out there preaching the virtues of meat like Ron Swanson. Vegetarians are the ones always judging people for eating meat, trying to shame others into adopting their creed.
    It's the same way I really don't care how religious my neighbor is, but the second he's at my dinner table trying to get me to say grace, or knocking on my door asking if I've heard the "good" word I get pissed...

• Ehh I am talking about vegetarians who preach. And please don't think omnivores don't preach at all. I came across people who are not ready to accept that vegetarian (not vegan) diet can be healthy. You can check some answers here. Preachers are on both sides.
      I am against preaching. No matter who does it. I'll eat my veggies, you can eat your bacon and we all can be happy without fighting over petty issues like "which food choice is better".

• Well my diet is very different from what you mentioned in your comment. I live in a different part of world. I don't even know what is skittles? Honest.

• Basically candy that is straight sugar. Sugar is vegetarian...

• "Both food choices can be equally healthy if we eat properly. So why why why fuss about it?"

No they can't.
    Avoiding animal based products was proven many times to be unhealthy and self destructive.
    The proper diet is mostly animal based with addition of some plants for beneficial micronutrients.

So as long as that stand I'm not going to respect food choices of vegans/vegetarians just like I don't respect the lifestyle choices of smokers or obese people.

• I'm perfectly healthy despite of being vegetarian. Same with people around me who are vegetarians.

• In fact, almost 30% people here identify themselves as vegetarians. I'm sure not all of them suffer from health issues.

• You may be, since you actually eat dairy products.
      Though you don't have to be actively coughing up blood to be "unhealthy".
      Smokers may never develop lung cancer or pulmonary disease either, but it doesn't mean their habit is "perfectly healthy".

We need certain animal nutrients for healthy development and functions of our body.
      No amount of fallacious vegan/vegetarian nonsense and scaremongering is going to change the fact.
      Yes you can survive on plant diet but it is not an optimal thing to do and it is not something any nutritionist who wants to keep their job would ever advice you to do.

• Agreed , when the lion eat meat it's nature but if we eat it it's not acceptable , humanity is caring about who eats meat or not and leaving kids dying in sryia

• Spot on! We have other issues to ponder on, instead of what's better: vegetarianism or meat eating.
      Heck, many people in this world don't even get food to eat

• Then you must be a lion.

• @Thunderstorms maybe 😏

• I respect two sides of sword 😆 but I'm staying in middle. I will eat whatever I want 😆 I'm a Botherian ( I find this name 😆)

• I respect them, their life, their choices, but I love meat :)

• But what if vegetarian feed cats meat...

• Some people see it as murderer. I can understand why they would preach.

• vegetarians are like virgins. they gotta let everyone fucking know.

• I don't really care what you eat.. I will be eating you next ]:)

• No we can't , vegetarians are dumb i can't really ever like eating like that

• Calling someone dumb simply for their diet choices makes you way more dumber than the people you call that.

• @Thunderstorms No offence, but zero fucks given on my side i really dont take into consideration what anyone thinks, if you're a vegatarian you're dumb, period.

• You're dumb because you think diet choices have any correlation with intelligence xD C'mon, man.

• I don't think it's as big a problem as you may think. I don't hear people talking about this really.

• I do. I don't see why not.

• I agree. I limit my meat also. But I don't care what others eat.

• Cuz vegetarians are like religious people, they love to push their beliefs down other people.

• I'll respect everyone's food choices when they respect my desire for cannibalism.

• Usually people who 'preach' their beliefs to you are assholes so I never take them seriously. Eat want you want i really don't care.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm a meat eater and I respect those who have cut that out of their bodies. I don't think I could ever do it myself. It does bug me, though, when vegetarians and vegans shame meat eaters. To each their own!

• People are aggressive about their food I guess. I personally don't care, people are free to eat what they want. I actually find it interesting to learn about vegetarianism and veganism.

• I'm a vegan, and I get what you mean. People tend to think I'm self-righteous with a 'holier-than-thou' attitude just because I'll sit at a restaurant and order a super-healthy vegetable dish, while they're scoffing down a hunk of dead cow. I don't try to push my beliefs on anyone. Obviously I don't enjoy seeing someone else eat meat because it reminds me of the poor treatment of animals in many slaughterhouses, but ultimately it's a free world and I don't believe anyone should be told what to do. I think many people are just afraid of the unknown, especially if they are rather uneducated, which is why many meat-eaters think vegetarians or vegans 'weird', 'unusual', or just plain unreasonable, and choose to be ignorant to our personal beliefs and lifestyle. I think respect should go both ways, really. If I don't question your diet, you shouldn't question mine.

• I eat meat but I understand how someone eating meat would make a vegetarian or vegan who feels too deeply about animals feel disturbed. It makes sense based on their beliefs and isn't really about shaming for the sake of bullying... it's for animal rights and I can respect that within reason. I wouldn't change my diet for them, but I would respect them enough not to eat meat around them. If I get insulted for it, I'm not offended. They do not make up the majority of the population and aren't causing any real distress in my life. So be it

• Yup I can. My cousin went all vegan. But I can't help love meat!

• I got no problem with vegatrians and Vegans. Its the fact that many of the are egotistical and have youtube channels where they literally shit on everyone who doesn't have their beleif. Vegans especially are looney as hell, with ridiculous beleifs and they will shove them down your throat. But there are some who respect your beleifs and dont think they are Holier-than-thou and those people I like the others I dont.

• Outside of the internet, i don't think it's such a big deal.

• so you don't eat meat because of your religious beliefs that animals are scared yet you don't mind them being slaughtered and skinned so you can wear them? you may as well just eat meat then

• Wow never looked at it that way.

• I was thinking the same thing, like so you waist the animal but just use the skin. at least respect it and use it all.

• It's mostly some vegetarians like that Feebee bitch or whatever she's called. I respect people and their choices but if someone tries to pressure me into changing my eating habits, I'll tell them to fuck off.

• Who's fussing about it?

• its because of the red paint and shit like that t