Potatoes? Left in trunk for a week?

I left my potatoes in the car for about a week or so deep within the trunk. It is spring here. We have had warm days, and cold days. Are or would they still be safe to eat? Should I just toss them in the trash? I want to cook with them or use them tonight. This is no troll question.

Updates:
I cut one, and they seem to be pretty decent. I was a bit skeptical at first. I really appreciate your awnsers.

0|0
3|8

Most Helpful Guy

• If they are still firm not all wrinkly or sprouted then you are likely good to go!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say they're safe, as long as they don't smell bad and haven't sprouted (little sprouts are fine).

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• How do they look? If they're still yellow'ish and smooth, you're all good.
    But if they've grown weird bumps and turned partly green, they've become bad/poisonous. As per usual for the Nightshade familiy.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ehh is there any mold on them? Potatos are not like meat or anything. I'd clean some and cut some up. See if they look ok

1|0
    0|0
  • Potatoes are pretty rugged. Cut one open and give it a sniff and a look-see.

1|0
    0|0
  • One way to find out

0|0
    0|0
  • I say throw them out because the eyes of them most likely have sprouted

0|0
    0|0
  • If they haven't gone soft or turned green they are fine. Potatoes don't grow in refrigerators.

0|0
    0|0
  • Potatoes are normally kept somewhere dark and not refrigerated.

So... you weren't far off.

If they haven't turned green or sprouted, you're good.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If they're still firm then they are fine.
    Also when you peel them if they have a few bruises it's fine, just make sure to get rid of those parts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wanna see dem potatoes

0|0
    0|0