I REALLY want to make this masterpiece. Can anyone please help with how to do it 🌸🌺🍓?

I know there are plenty of good foodies here, so I really hope someone can help.

This is from a page on instagram i follow. I REALLY want to make this masterpiece. Can anyone please help with how to do it 🌸🌺🍓?Thing is, if i were to get it from the company, i'd pay AT LEAST $150, excluding delivery, which frankly i believe is way too much. I know if i bought everything myself, it'd cost less.

So the strawberries are covered in white chocolate, then colour is added. I also know that toothpicks are used to hold everything in place, usually into foam or something. I've never done this before though so i do need help, even though to some of you this will be ridiculously simple lol. don't judge me =/

So my main questions are:

- How would you go about getting the strawberries to look like that?
- How do i get the detailing on them to look good?
- What kind of template would i use to get the '2' shape?

Most Helpful Guy

• Strawberries
    - Melt the chocolate & some cream in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, add food colouring. (chocolate alone will be too hard and simply crack when it cools).
    - stick a cake pop stick into the top of the strawberry and dip the strawberries until they are coated evenly all over
    - set onto baking paper to cool
    - put them in the fridge to harden

To detail
    - If you want them that good you need a piping bag or a squeeze bottle with the smallest nozzle you can find, fill it with melted chocolate and draw away! This bit is hard, takes practice.
    -for the sprinkled ones you'd hold the strawberry over a bowl and pour them over, while turning it for an even and thick coating.

One BIG question though, are the roses chocolate aswell? Because they are kinda difficult to DIY, but basically
    -you need specific modelling chocolate
    -roll out balls of the chocolate and flatten them between baking paper to make flat petals
    -dip more strawberries into the normal cbocolate and let them set
    -wrap the 'leaves' around the strawberry in a rose like way lol

Can u link the shop thats selling it? Because at thst price i suspect the flowers are actually chocolate wrapped strawberries too.

• Okay so i shouldn't dip the strawberries into powder, sugar or pearls. I pour them on top?

Oh no the flowers are real. But if ur interested, just look up strawberriesandco on instagram :)

Thanks for your help!

• Anytime! Just to let you know i was absolute crap at pastry in the kitchen 😂

Practicing is fun, because you can stand there and eat your 'mistakes' which still taste delicious lol.

• i'm crap at pretty much everything in the kitchen, except the washing up and a few basic meals lol
      YES! :D

Most Helpful Girl

• - How would you go about getting the strawberries to look like that?
    As it said dip the berries in the colored chocolate then after the dry id assume that they used a piping bag to get the detailing. As for the sprinkle coated ones id say dip them then roll them in sprinkles.

Practice. Buy enough supplies to try a few different techniques and find one that works best for you.

Id say just hand draw it onto a sheet of foam or something and then just cut it out.

• awesome, thank you. is it okay to use regular food colouring or is it a specialised kind of thing? ill also try to look for sprinkles and pearls too.

thanks so much for the tips!

• great, thanks again!

• No problem and good luck :)

What Guys Said 7

• What you might want to do for the 2 is build a wooden structure that would hold everything together. Then I'd try and hide it with the flowers. If you have a woodshop you coukd do it. I don't see you as the carpenter type lol. Maybe your dad?

I think you'd have to dip the strawberries first. Let it harden. Then come back with like a spoon and draw lines with more chocolate. And the powdered ones kinda looks like surgar. I don't know

• okay awesome. so would i have to glue foam onto the wooden structure then? because all the items are held by toothpicks.
      yeah i could ask someone to make it.

thanks!

• I would say something along those lines. Maybe if you know someone there who can build the structure they may have better ideas. They make a smaller platform for the strawberries to set on. It may even turn out better than the one in the pic 😉. Haha I'm surprised they put everything together by toothpicks. Seems a lot more work. No wonder it's so expensive

Anytime! 😊

• just looks like white chocolate mixed with some blue food coloring then maybe a bag cut on the corner to make the lines or a bottle something like a hair dye bottle with a fine tip flowers look pretty self exploratory maybe some wire and assorted flowers.. that's my best guess

• I can't help you but it's really cool! Very talented.

• This is a beautiful masterpiece.

• Marziiiiiiiiiiipan...

• Gosh Anna... I'm clumsy so trying to help you would mean creating a flower graveyard I'm afraid :o
    But this is a great looking flower piece indeed! Very good choice :D :D

• Start with something simple. Go make me a sandwich.

What Girls Said 7

• Oh fun!! Okay so for the strawberries you can either airbrush them (probably not what you're going for because I doubt you have that) or an easier way is to add the color into the white chocolate as you're melting it. Then it should just be normal strawberry dipping. The detailing is a little harder, but if you're looking for a cheap home way to do it, take a ziplock bag and snip off a tiny tiny bit of one of the bottom corners and fill it with your piping chocolate (maybe just save some white chocolate without the color added from before) and then carefully pipe it yourself. You're going to need pretty steady hands for it though. As for putting it together you can actually just take a bunch of toothpicks and stick it throughout the whole thing. You're gonna have to piece it together one by one though, but strawberries are usually rather sturdy so they should hold.

• I like the ziplock idea. Yeah ill be using toothpicks :)
      Thanks so much!

• Hope it helped! Would love to see the final product when you're done :)

• Strawberries
    -I would use fondant icing to cover the strawberries babe. You just roll the fondant icing out flat and put the strawberry on the top and shape it.

Detailing
    -On the Strawberries? I would use a piping bag with a stainless tip. Pop the strawberries on a chicken skewer and pop them in foam. That way you're not holding onto them and have free hands to use the piping bag to do the detailing. then shove the whole thing in the fridge

Template
    -Floral foam (which is green in colour) Florist use it to for flower arrangements. You can get a big block of those and use a template of a number two and cut it out
    -White packing foam (the ones they use when they want to send something in a massive box to prevent damaging the item in the box) those come in blocks too and just like like i said above.. use a number two template and cut it out.

• 2|0
  • I think the color is probably added to the chocolate first, then the strawberries are dipped. I know at the arts and crafts stores here they have like big wooden numbers that you could use as a template.

• so do i just use regular food colouring? or is there a special 'baking' kinda thing i need to buy?
      ill have a look for the template at an arts store, thank you!

• sweet! oo yes ill totally be looking for pearls and all that stuff. i hope it works out haha :)
      every bit of advice is so helpful so thanks again

• You're welcome!

• Maybe you should use the stuff they use to make cakes to make the roses. It flexable and it looks like clay.

• I would directly color the white chocolate before dipping the strawberries in it.(careful! It has to be a special type of food coloring). Let them dry on a rack.
    Get a "piping bag" or a ziplock and make a snippet on a corner (small) and carefully "draw" it on.
    I believe they sell numbers and letters and shapes in that foam green thing in crafts stores, if not I would buy regular ones and make my own.
    GOOD LUCK,!

• - Take a styrofoam and carve in the shape of number 2.
    - Dip the strawberries in white chocolate and let them set first and then with a plastic bag with a #1 tip (for precision) add more white chocolate for details in the strawberry. The detailing looks like rhombuses so I guess it's pretty easy.
    - When working with the strawberries, make sure to have the in a large plastic plate with wax paper, to make things easier and especially avoiding messy work.
    - For the roses you can make them with fondant. Sculpt the fondant into the shape of a rose. It's just like playing with Play Dough.
    - In the styrofoam insert toothpicks or any kind of convinient wooden sticks, and stick in your roses and strawberries when they're completely dry.
    - Remember don't add the details in the chocolate strawberries until they're completely dry, otherwise the beautiful detail will melt in with first layer of chocolate.
    I would have included pictures and a video but I'm using my phone.