Is it really weird for guys to drink wine on a regular basis?

I like to drink wine with both meals and ocasionaly on its on in a social aspect.

That being said i got ocasionally get some strange looks beacuse i choose to drink wine over beer.

I have no personal problem with beer but why does it come across as being strange that I prefer wine?

Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's completely normal where I live, but it usually depends on how much money you have. For some reason people tend to think people who drink wine are snobby, not sure why.
    I'm sure people just aren't used to it, like most things. Wouldn't expect a flamboyant Jeffree Star complex in the middle of no where. But hey, f**k whoever judges and have a nice glass a wine :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Na, man, I drink two glasses each day after work. It's my way of distressing. Besides, wine is great for your health in moderation!

What Girls Said 5

• Where I live it would be weird to drink wine instead of beer because well... I'm french and that's THE drink here. Though, I would find it odd that if you drunk that often.

• Nah, enjoy it if you like it.

• No there is this one guy who was somewhat of a wine connoisseur and his girlfriend finds him more romantic since he drinks wine not beer , also (sorry if i offend any beer lovers ) no beer breath.

• You offended the beer heads

• i'd say it doesn't really matter

What Guys Said 10

• It brings the word "gay" to mind... you know society and its stereotypes and standards...
    I say booze is booze, live it up.

• Maybe because of your age. You don't see a lot of people 21-25 really drinking wine. It's good to have a glass of wine or two once a day though and it's more relaxing than chugging down beer after beer.

• Drinking red wine has been shown to be very good for your health and has potent anti-oxidants in it. Also a small amount of alcohol does provide a stimulus to your brain that is healthy

• Don't blame you for going with wine. Most mainstream beers are swill.

Once upon a time I used to frequent a cosy little strip club in Toronto and always had a glass of wine or 2. Don't recall getting any strange looks from anybody. Nothing weird about following your own preferences.

• Nah, wine is class, you should be drinking mostly red though lol. White is nasty but excusable when you're eating fish, rosé is inexcusable.

• because you're young and male.

we live in a strange world where we judge people.

people are always afraid of what's different.

• Is it really weird for women to drink beer on a regular basis?

• I don't drink any kind of alcohol at any time, but no, it's not weird at all.

• Nope, I love wine, especially white. It's more classy than beer, but I drink plenty of beer too. Pretty much give me any alcohol and I'll be happy😊

• Depends on who you hang out with. In some circles wine is at least as common for men to drink as beer, in others the guys seem to drink more beer.

It's a little odd for guys drinking 4% beer to act like someone drinking 13% wine is a wuss, not that it's a competition but... you'd think it would be the other way around.