What is the best way to eat a steak?

I've never ordered a steak from a restaurant and was wondering what is the most flavorful option in having it cooked.

What is the best way to eat a steak?

Most Helpful Guy

• medium rare is really the best but sadly too many steak houses even good steak houses cook a MR request as rare. i ask for medium - (that's a minus sign). i like my steaks at about 140degrees which is just below medium and at the top of the medium rare range.

but each cut of steak is argued to be cooked at different temps. the better the cut (filets, ribeye's, porterhouses, prime ribs) the lower the temp. the lower quality (flank, sirloin, hanger, etc) the higher the temp

but you can never really go wrong with medium for any cut

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• IN FRONT OF A BUNCH OF VEGANS

• Go for a Porterhouse, or Ribeye, and Medium rare!! I know, a lot of people get freaked out, and I was one, but once you have a 'GREAT steak, cooked medium rare, at most, you will know what a REAL steak SHOULD be!!
    It should be warm, but still pink in the middle, but nicely seared outside. A little salt and pepper for seasoning, served with grilled onions and mushrooms, and maybe a little mushroom gravy, some garlic mashed potatoes, a Great Merlot, or Malbec wine.

• You sound like a steak enthusiast! :D

• No, not at all!! I thought that 'medium well' was always the way to go, because that's how my dad always grilled them, and I HATED 'steaks' because of it!! When I started working with some Professional Chefs, I got to see what it was SUPPOSED TO BE!!
      They still cook Prime Rib a little too 'Rare' for me (I swear I heard one 'Mooo!!') but 30 sec in a microwave gets it to 'perfect' for me, and doesn't reduce the grill flavor.

• Check this guy's site:

www.seriouseats.com/.../...grill-t-bone-steak.html

He also wrote a book, and he is like my 'Go To' guy for anything food!!

• The best steak is going to be just letting the chef make it the way he usually does. When people ask for "Rare" or "Well done" they are in actuality screwing up their order. Just ask for steak and get steak.

• Personally I love medium rare, porterhouse is a nice cut to, medium rare its cooked enough to be safe to eat but it's still bloody and juicy and tasty... damn now I'm hungry, trust us steak people when we say medium rare is the best.

• I prefer medium well. It has very little pink left yet is still tender and juicey

• Cut. Stab. Bite. Chew. Swallow. :)
    As to what went before, it depends on the cut. Well marbled cuts can be broiled or fried. Best if well marinated to taste. I use a paste of olive oil, English mustard, and whatever herbs are handy. Served with crispy fries with Belgian style heavily peppered mayo, fried onion and/or mushrooms with blue cheese sauce and a hearty red wine.
    Leaner meat may need mincing, braising or stewing.

• Degree of doneness is purely a matter of taste and the quality of the meat. Kobe or grass fed Black Angus beef is still tender and juicy when well done. Others my not do well beyond medium.

• Here's the secret.

If you find someone who is an expert at cooking steak - not just a chef, but a damn good steak chef, then go for the rump. Rump in medium to medium rare, when cooked properly, is the best steak cut.

But if you're in doubt whether the cook is good enough, go for the ribeye or the sirloin.

• Medium well and from my own grill. I've never ordered steak from a restaurant because I know mines always better lol

• I prefer mine medium rare. It's cooked enough to not be raw but not cooked too much as to leave a charred taste to the meat. And steak sauce is an absolute no-no.

• I eat steak at nice restaurants frequently and I prefer it just cooked medium with a little bit of salt and pepper. A really high quality steak doesn't need any sauce or a ton of seasoning to enhance its flavor

• Also if you're ever in NYC, I recommend going to Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. It's the best steak I've ever had and I've been to a lot of really high end steakhouses in the U. S. and Europe

• i've ordered steaks from them. they are amazing

• I order my steaks rare... most places fuck it up and give me medium rare... but itbis still really good.

• I like it rare and bloody! Anything more than that and it's too dry for my tastes!

• I like medium rare

• Medium rare with a side of fried onions & mushrooms. Include a baked potato with either butter or sour cream and chives.

• I like my stake cooked medium... I prefer New York strip...

• With a spoon and a fork

• I personally like New York style and or Flank Steak. Usually medium rare to medium for me.

• Well done

• Medium rare! It's delicious and juicy.

• Medium rare. I like rib eye, t-bone, NY style and outlaw.

• I don't know just eat it

• Have you ever considered eating humans?

It's related to your question and helps me form an answer to this one.

• with your mouth obviously. add dicksauce for better taste.

What Girls Said 6

• Medium-rare :) Cooked enough that you're not gonna get a plateful of blood but not overcooked so you'll still get a lot of flavour and it'll still be soft for you.

• I don't like steak haha

• with a knife and fork

• Medium well. Medium rare is common but that's a little too bloody for my taste haha

• I like my steaks rare to medium rare.

• Before a blowjob (I'm guessing)!