Mexican food: What's your favorite thing to order at a Mexican restaurant?

My cousin and Aunt are taking me out for a belated birthday dinner Friday night, my cousin asked me if there's any place that's my favorite that I'd like to go. So, I picked a Mexican restaurant that we have in town. I haven't been there in awhile, so I was just wanting to get some opinions on what's good. That's why I'm asking what everyone's favorite thing to order at a Mexican restaurant is.
So, what to do you like the best?

• Enchiladas
  • Burriots
  • Chimichangas
  • Quesadillas
  • Tostadas
  • Flautas (if you pick this one, explain what it is because I've never heard of it before)
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• When I go a Mexican restaurant for the first time, I get the following (in a box cauz i won't finish it all:

1 carnitas [grilled steak] enchilada with red sauce
    1 chicken enchilada with green sauce
    1 carne asada [grilled steak] flauta (similar to taco but with flour tortilla
    1 chile relleno (love these things!)

This way u get to sample the main three meats, their red sauce, their green sauce, their corn tortillas and their flour tortillas... as well as the yummy chile relleno. 😊

Dont forget the rice and beans!

• If it had to be ONE item, it would have to be enchiladas in red sauce (carne asada, shredded beef, or pork)

• If u want chicken enchiladas, green sauce is a batter sauce choice. 👍🏿

• by the way Carnitas is pork, not steak. Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to LOVE chimichangas. They are really good. Unfortunately, I can't eat them anymore since I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I still love Mexican food though so now when I go, I usually order nachos or some type of rice dish with chicken and vegetables. :)

What Guys Said 8

What Girls Said 14

• Flautas!!
    It's like a closed-off, narrow burrito, so it's like a narrow cylinder that's fried. You bite into it and the cheese comes out, and it's crispy on the outside, and there's beef, and other stuff, but you don't care what it is because it's good, and you just can't stop eating it.
    Yes.

• At the Mexican place in my town I always get a dish called enchiladas rancheras. It's a cheese enchilada with grilled shredded chicken on top and their queso sauce.

• Flautas is a dish that consists of a few small rolled-up tortillas with a filling of either beef, cheese or chicken. The tortilla itself is crispy and usually topped with sour cream or guacamole. I really like them. 😋

• I've had burritos and they are great.

• Anything chicken

• only mexican food i've tasted is nachos and they were delicious. get a nacho cheese fountain :D

• As long as there's guacamole in it, it's aaaall good

• tacos

• Anything with guac

• Enchiladas in serrano salsa. Go for the chicken, but the beef is awesome too.

• Fish tocos

• Tamale

• Guacamole! I got to have it!!! Give me that, salsa and cheese dip and I'm good... Plus a Rita! I do eat tacos, rellenos... Enchiladas and etc too... Depends on my mood.

• flautas are rolled fried corn tortilla tacos typically of mashed potatoes and toped with a cabbage and crumbled queso fresco salad and red spicy salsa on the side... yummm :)

• and mayo :)

• also try chile rellenos