How much water do you drink a day?

It's said that eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon is the recommended amount to drink.

But how much do you actually drink?

Most Helpful Guy

• Drink 2 cups (16 oz) of water before every meal: Science has proven that drinking 2 cups of water before every meal helps you to eat less during meal time and lose weight. If you do this three times daily - at breakfast, lunch, and dinner - you have already consumed 48 ounces of water.
    Morning and Night: Get into the habit of drinking one glass (16 oz) of water when you wake up and another 8 oz glass before you go to sleep every night. This will add another 24 ounces of water to your daily intake. The easiest way to do this is to keep a glass or container of water at your bedside, that way as soon as you wake up and start your day, you can begin drinking water.
    Keep Track By Your Container: One thing that has proven to help people consumer enough water daily is to buy a special container for their water, like this one or this one, and set a goal of how many times they will fill an finish the container. For example, if you buy a 16 oz container and need to drink 80 ounces of water a day, your goal would be to drink 5 of those daily. Need to drink more water? Try a larger container.
    Infuse Your Water With Flavor: Water doesn't have to be boring and infusing your water with fruit, herbs, and other flavors can make it much easier to reach your daily goal. Try adding cucumber, strawberries, lemons, limes, and fresh herbs to create flavorful water. This fruit infusion water pitcher is a great way to always have great tasting water on hand.
    Bubbles: Consider carbonated and sparkling water in addition to regular water. Many people find that adding sparkling water and 0 calorie flavored water makes drinking water throughout the day more fun. Find yourself drinking lots of expensive sparkling water? Consider buying a sodastream and make your own delicious sparkling beverages at home.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• don't know how much exactly. i usually drink 40ozs during the day at work. after i have my green tea i re-fill the bottle with water at least twice

then when i get home i usually have about 3-4 glasses of water. my glasses at home are 16ozs... so quick math...

looks like i'm over the 2L on average. that's surprising

• I've heard you only need to drink when you're thirsty. And 8 ounces shouldn't be the amount for everyone. I'll drink when I'm thirsty. But I sometimes just put it off and go through until I'm eating a meal and drink something with it. Or I'll drink something else than water. But then again, I have an approx. 750mL water bottle and I drink that straight a few times a day so maybe I'm closer than I think.

• I think we should drink as much water as we can because a lot of times we don't know we're dehydrated until it's too late.

• Depends. If I'm moving bricks around or some equally ass busty task on a warm day at work, upwards of 6litres a day

But if I'm just chilling at home or something being a load maybe like 2-3 litres.

• I drink like 1liter in morning.. Before 12 another 1liter.
    Before 4 another 1liter and before and after dinner 2 liter..

Around 5 liter daily..

• At least a gallon a day. More of its hot out or really cold out. Often times you get more dehydrated in the winter time when it's so dry.

• Why worry? Your body tells you these things. You lose moisture from your mouth first for a reason, to tell you to drink. Its crazy trying to micromanage every little function in life. You'll drive yourself nuts

• A litre and half in the office 2-3 litres out in the field.

• I drink a lot of freaking water. Probably around 9 ~ 12 glasses a day. I'm on creatine so I'm retaining a lot of it... but I started experiencing symptoms of sodium deficiency (says google).

• At least 8 glasses each day. I piss a lot because of it. Lol.

• 1-2 pints a day

• just pure water? on good days half a liter (those are very rare), more often than not 0

• Like 2-3 glasses.

• Water? about 1 litre?
    i mostly drink coffee over the day

• At minimum 1.5 gallons usually lol.

• It depends on whether the day is hot or not.
    On regular days I end up drinking about 2 bottles of water and on hotter days I go through about 4 bottles at the max.

• 3 bottles of 1 liter.

• Like 3 or 4 bottles. So 4 bottles * 16.9oz each = 67.6oz.

• enough to live

• 2-5 litres

• Max 1 liter I drink water daily
    But I drink more than 10 cup of tea everyday

• About that.

• 3 gallons a day.

What Girls Said 22

• I'm not entirely sure. I don't drink out of glasses. I have one plastic water bottle that I refill about... 10 times each day? I drink a lot.

• At least a quart on non-workout days, probably a quart and a half on workout days. I do drink other liquids throughout the day, lots of coffee which doesn't count because it's a diuretic, normally drink juice too.

• I think it really depends on your weight and how much you're sweating. Like an overweight person running laps on a track in July would need to drink a lot more water than a 100 pound sedentary person who never sweats.
    Personally I drink about two glasses of water with every meal.

• I'm trying to learn to dring water... hate water... I bought a bottle that had 1,75 l I try to drink it for 5 days and because I'm a veeery good heartd person I shared it with my plants :D

• Depends. I usually drink at least a bottle a day.

• 16-18 glasses
    it's too hot over here..

• I definitely don't drink enough. That's all I know.

• Not anywhere close to that. I drink like half a bottle to a bottle a day.

• Not enough. Probably 1 cup. I drink other things though like coffee or tea.

• Around 2 l, depending on sport level.

• A lot lol.

• i dont like water

• When I'm at work, i drink around 2L except when I'm too busy to even have lunch, whereas when I'm not working, I drink a lot less

• a lot. About 2 liters a day on average more when i drink tea and coffee.

• A good way to determine how much water to drink a day is to convert your wait to kilogrammes and put a comma infront of the last digit. For example I weigh 58 kgs so I drink 5,8 glasses of water a day.

• like none xD

• This weekend a lot, because it's hot. Plus I had a football game this weekend.

• I hardly drink any water. I'm probably pretty dehydrated...

• I drink a lot of freaking water more than 2L a day that's for sure maybe 5L

• A lot lol I dont measure it though

• Probably not enough, like one or two glasses a day if am lucky.

• Around 6 glasses i think