What's your favorite LOCAL pizza shop?

Tell GAG about your favorite local pizza shop! It can be a mom-and-pop place or a small chain (with a few locations in different states/provinces). You can name more than one. We are excluding nationwide chains like Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc.

My favorite is probably a place called Gambino's. I cam across them in college. My best friend and I would hang out there all the time. They had a really neat special called "Beat The Clock Tuesday". Between 5 and 8 PM, whenever you ordered your pizza, that's the price you'd pay. For example, if you ordered at 5:30, your pizza would cost $5.30. When I graduated, I was delighted to learn that they had a location in my hometown!

And a special hat-tip to Giordano's and Phil's Pizza D'oro in Chicago! Eat their pizza. It will change your life.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Star Fried Chicken. Looks like its rat infested lol but its the best shawarma and pizza I've ever had.

s3.amazonaws.com/ldc/large/2300/23003746.jpg

Babylon Pizza is also pretty good. They put a ton of cheese on their pizzas.

s3.amazonaws.com/ldc/large/2287/22877996.jpg

• Neat. Where are these places?

• London. I noticed something interesting when I was reading the other people's replies. It seems like a lot of American pizza restaurants have someones name in their name. Like Gambino's, Giordano's, Phil's Pizza D'oro, Lou Malnati's. Thats uncommon over here. Here fast food places are usually named after the food that is served for example The Bagel With Shake, Chicken Village, Chicken Cottage, Woody Pizza, Chop Chop Noodle Bar, and so on.

What Girls Said 5

• Lou Malnatis Deep Dish pizza.
    Best Chicago pizza hands down.

• I'm hoping to visit family in Chicago later on this summer. I'll be sure to try then.

But seriously, you should totally have Giordano's if you haven't already.

• Yeah I've had it. They're good too!

• Pizza Hut is my favorite. I don't usually eat pizza unless it's a seafood or margarita pizza from Pizza Hut. With that said, I don't know if this counts. My favorite pizza isn't actually from a pizza shop, it's from a bakery. The best pizza I've eaten was with avovado and chicken. It was from a bakery called Amoud. My favorite place to get pizza is a bakery, Pizza Hut comes in second place but refering to pizza shops only, it's my favorite.

• Closest to my house is Pizza Hut. :D

• Lorenzo and Sons
    LaRosa's
    Pete's

Top 3 favorite pizza joints here.

• Cafe Frankie's

What Guys Said 11

• New York: Grimaldi's
    California: Settebello

I have yet to try deep dish pizza. Maybe when I go to Chicago, I'll hit up a few pizza joints.

• Balduccis

• Where is that?

• Ha! The former team needs to try Chicago pizza. THEY need the tongue transplants!

• Perhaps it's because we grew up on St. Louis style pizza and the TWNTT were foreigner pizza demons.

• Don't have much pizza selection here. All we have is Boston Pizza, or Vegreville Pizza. I always order the same shit though; Spinach Alfredo sauce, bacon, mushroom, tomato, chicken, and donair meat if they have it

• EatMe

they make pizza and Asian food... weird combo but they are great at both, right @Jxpxtxr? :D

They are in my tiny village, only 2 minutes from here so I can easily use take-away. They opened 2 other branches but they closed them again... I hope they didn't fuck up and have to close this one too :/

• Haha it's like a 15-20 min drive for me so I usually just order and I've never tried their pizza lol :P

• There is a Pizza Buffet where I live. Their pizza has a really thin crust, and it isn't greasy at all. It's probably some of the best pizza I've had.

• Big Cheese Pizza and Houdini's. Neither are particularly close to me but I eat there whenever I pass through.

• Patsy's Pizza, NYC.

• Brothers Pizza
    DeNinos
    Joe and Pats

• My favorite local Pizza dude is "Da Mario" he's and old fashioned italian and the pizza is great.

• Brothers Pizza, Padrinos, and Z Pizza

• National pizza