Do you like buttered bread?

This is one of my eating habits that some people just can't get over.

I passionately hate buttered bread. I always have. It honestly makes me gag and feel sick, I can't eat it.

Most of my friends look at me like I'm nuts. I eat Mayo, and my ultimate favourite is salad cream on bread.

Am I alone here?

• Yes! Who doesn't?
  • No, it's disgusting 😷
Finding it interesting that is mostly girls who don't like butter!!
For me I don't like raw butter. Melted butter on toast or jacket potato (but not huge quantities) I can do. But raw butter makes my stomach turn.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do, but just a little butter. No large quantities, just enough to make it less dry :D
    I can also eat dry bread though. Just as I can eat pasta without any sauce. No problem!

• Same! (Except the buttered bread)
      I can only have butter if it's throughly melted. Love cooking with it, just hate the unmelted raw taste.

My brother, no joke, we ask him if he wants bread with his butter. He's completely opposite - he butters chocolate biscuits. I've seen him butter cheese!!

• Thanks for the MH :D

• You're welcome :) x

Most Helpful Girl

• I HATE butter. Omg hate it so much.

That way it coats the inside of yr mouth, and just *stays* there... nope. I'm out.
    lol

I eat just about everything plain, though. Have ever since I was a little kind. I remember I used to leave behind the sections of my plate where the different foods would touch each other (my brothers were only too happy to help clean those parts up, lol).

What Guys Said 9

• Do you mean toast? Or buttered bread?

I love toast #username but i only like buttered brown bread - the one with seeds

• I mean buttered bread. I can deal with a small amount of melted butter on toast but on bread, I just can't do it.

• I do like it a lot. I prefer it on a toast, so the heat melts it, but I can eat it cold too.

My mother eats buttered bread (toasted) every morning... she has been doing that for as long as I remember. That's her whole breakfast: buttered bread plus a cup of milk.

• i like it.

• Homemade or freshly made bread with butter is so delicious! :)

• Buttered toast but yeah.

• Yes I do, especially butter bread made with home bread.

• 😷 that's the ultimate worst for me!! I make bread with olive oil

• United states. Olive Oil is almost $8, and vegetable is double the size for $3.

• Wow. We have veg, sunflower and olive here and it's staggered between them.
      I use sunflower for Deep frying but olive for day to day.

• Well I hate mayonnaise on bread. I put butter on bread and I always have.

• I love butter on everything. potatoes bread toast.

• I make homemade butter I don't like buttered bread but buttered toast yeah

What Girls Said 16

• i like it but i dont eat it actually. I've kind of just gotten used to not eating much bread at all, but i do LOVE garlic bread, which is kinda close?

• I don't completely hate it. I'll eat it but it isn't like it was my first food option. Toast with butter I do like quite a bit but it has to be wheat or whole grain. If it's pumpernickel bread it can be plain or toasted I don't mind.

• Yeah, it's not bad, but I don't really eat it.

• Yaaaas same girl, same!

I want to gag if there's butter on bread, if it's on toast it has to be completely melted. I don't even put butter on banana bread or pancakes/waffles, I can't stand it.

• The only time I like butter with my bread is if it is honey butter or garlic butter. I hate the taste of regular butter.

• Yup - with you. Garlic butter. I use normal butter for toast but I don't have puddles of unmelted like some people. 😷

• No. Gross.

• As long as it doesn't have too much.

• I love buttered biscuits

• salad cream on toast! yes it's amazing :)

• Yeah so what?

• I like buttered toast but even still, I have to crave it. Plus, ever since Ed, Edd, and Eddy came out, I can't eat buttered toast without laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSwjIEULvOw

• I like it, but I don't like that other stuff you mentioned.

• I can't just eat bread on its own lol I need sauce and cheese on it

• Like it? I love it :D

• Buttered bread then put some sugar in it. ❤️

• Yes I do, butter is my favorite spread on the bread :D