Should I become a vegetarian?

So I love eating meat, but I'm considering to switch to a vegetarian diet because of the meat-industry. The problem is that I have a lot of "deficiencies" (English is not my first language, sorry if this isn't the right wird) as it is: in vitamins and iron mostly. When I was 17 I was on a vegetarian diet for while, but I had to take a lot of supplements (and my parents weren't supportive because of that).
What are your thoughts on this? Any advice?

P. S. I don't eat meat every day

• Yes, you should. This is why...
  • No, you shouldn't. This is why...
I'd really appreciate more opinions on this ^^, please tell me what you think or any experiences going vegetarian.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not here to shove my diet in anyone's faces just to make that clear, what you decide to do with your life is your decision (: Personally , I'm a vegan as for your concerns about any deficiencies are totally understandable. Just make sure you eat the right foods such as beans, lentils and green leafy vegetables, for sustainable iron intake. My mom suffers from anemia and she eats a plant based diet (and thrives on it). In fact, vegans and vegetarians have higher iron intake than meat eaters do (I tried including the link to my resource, but it wouldn't let me, you can message if you want the link to read up more). If you eat these foods and still feel weak go see your doctor, they're often willing to work with a vegetarian or vegan diet (considering they're both considerably healthy) and will give you tips and tricks on how to keep up your iron intake. Hope this helped and if you have any questions, just ask! (Also there are TONS of great alternatives that taste just like meat. This is coming from someone who used to eat it all the time)

• Thank you so much, this is really helpful!

• Anytime! And there are a lot of great recipes online that help with iron intake as well. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!😊

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 5

• Do whatever your body likes, dairy tends to mess with peoples guts so I'd avoid it if I were you. As long as you can kill and animal yourself then go ahead and eat meat. You can get a lot of vitamins from fruit and veggies so don't worry. Beans, pastas (some), cereal (some), and spinach all are good sources of iron. If you do go vegetarian or vegan, research foods that you can eat for those deficiencies

• I said no, because not all meat industry's are bad, if you get grass fed meat or from local butchers it's not like supporting the big industry's. plus meat keeps you lean in muscle mass as well as eggs

• If you really want to then go ahead, just don't become one of the pretentious vegetarians where you think you're better then everyone who eats meat

• I voted no you shouldn't because I think it's better to go vegan rather than vegetarian. Dairy products definitely link to a lot of health problems so if you're going to give up meat, I'd go ahead and just drop other animal products as well.

• Thank you for your opinion, I'll think about it ;)

• Meat is healthy, tastes good, and certain animals were made to eat..
    Okay that sounds terrible XD