Is Drinking Alcohol Worth It?

I am 20 years old and I have never consumed alcohol apart from the Eucharist. I've been with my friends before when they were drinking but I did not partake. Now my mother is pretty open and honest, so she told me that if I ever want to drink, I should just be honest with her and maybe she will let me drink from the safety of home.

That said, I am curious about Irish Coffee. I love coffee so a coffee-based alcohol drink sounds delightful for a first choice. But I've also heard that it can be very strong for a new lightweight like myself.

Is is it worth it to drink alcohol? If so, what are some tips so that I do not get hung over or make the experience unpleasant?

I'm not morally opposed to alcohol for any reasons. After all, even Jesus drank. I've just avoided it for a long time since many members of my family have been alcoholics.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am an extreme lightweight but I can't stand the taste of alcohol on its own , I just use a lot of it when I cook. Beer and lemonade mixed together is really good , whisky is really strong I love pina colada 💙 and Champaign is the only one I've tried that's great on its own. For every glass of alcohol you drink consume the same amount of water , never drink on an empty stomach , a light buzz is enough to have a good time ( and there is no hangover in the morning ) . Alcohol in desert is amazing. Brandy is great with orange juice.

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol was my connection into a promiscuous world. It got me into all kinds of trouble, all kinds of naughty things, all kinds of fun, and all kinds of women.

I was extremely shy in my youth and could barely even reply when people said "hi" to me. After alcohol, the shy guy died. I became a social butterfly with it.

It started to turn into a crutch though where I needed alcohol to unleash that side of me that could be funny and assertive and so forth among my friends. I had to ween off of it to learn how to be charming while sober.

I don't regret it. I might have turned into a 35-year old virgin with mass depression without it.

Irish Coffee is nice and pleasant. It's sweet so it's easy to drink. Cocktails are also good when beginning. The harder stuff like jagermeister and tequila shots can really fuck you up big time.

One thing to remember about drinking is that the effect of it can take half an hour or sometimes longer to kick in.

As a result, for example, you might drink 35 tequila shots and think you're fine, only to find that 1 hour later, you're spraying vomit through your fingers around everyone in the bar, only to get out of your chair and faceplant the floor while security grabs you by the arms and legs only to vomit again as they're moving you out, throwing you onto the street. Then it's crawling to a bathroom and vomiting while the whole room is spinning (that spinning go away after you do that several times).

So it's better to drink slowly and let the effect kick in so that you don't think you're perfectly fine only for time to do its thing and turn you extremely drunk. Don't think that just because you had N drinks and feel fine that you will be in the following hour.

What Girls Said 4

• I've never drank and I don't think we're missing much tbh.

• Personally I don't think it's worth it. The taste is fine but it's not like "omg becky get me that 2005 zin or a bottle of whiskey". It wouldn't be my drink of choice, I'd try a beer or wine to start just to see how you like the taste.

• Moderation is key. You shouldn't have to drink much to get buzzed. If you don't drink a lot, you won't be really drunk and you won't have a hangover.

• As long as you know your limits then its fine

What Guys Said 5

• I don't drink as well. And it's a choice I made. I don't think I'm missing much.

• For me personally, being drunk is very VERY fun!

As long as you pace your alcohol.

• i enjoy it. if you learn your limits and can hold your liquir it can be fun. you should also pick a beverage you actually enjoy drinking.
    i like whiskey, for example.
    but its not for everyone though.

• Never have or will
    I'm proud and content with it

• Drinking has nothing to do with being drunk, or catching addiction to alcoholics.

Try a bottle of Bukkuram (brand: De Bartoli) if you can, and share it with your parents. It'll make all of you happy for a while.