Does alcohol loosen up tense muscles?

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering alcohol dehydrates you, and dehydration is a common trigger for cramps and pulled muscles, I'd say no.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It certainly can. A few drinks enough to get you buzzed can help you relax. It depends largely on what you're doing when or after you've been drinking. If you're sitting on the sofa eating popcorn drinking beer or rum or vodka, etc while watching your favorite tv show or movie genre then sure, you'll be on cloud 9 but if you're getting buzzed in an unfamiliar enviornment or you are drinking to forget your problems than that can likely have an opposite effect.

0|0
    0|0
    • it may reflex you emotionally but it does not in fact relax the muscles

• Show All
    • alcohol consumption clears both calcium and magnesium. calcium helps muscles contract, magnesium blocks the calcium allowing muscles to relax. i hypothesize that you might have cleared enough calcium to balance your electrolytes out for a few days. It also inhibits neruotransmitters and allows the muscles to relax.

h ttp://press. endocrine. org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo-91-2-586
      h ttp://www. ncbi. nlm. nih. gov/pubmed/11569488

• @madhatters4 I forgot to quote that paragraph, apologies.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• no it doesn't. you may feel relaxed but the muscles in your body are not necessarily relaxed

0|0
    0|0
  • No. .

0|0
    0|0
  • Beer is good after lifting weights. has a lot of carbs and calories so look it up. just saying!

0|0
    0|0