What is up with Pakistani people and spicy food, why is their food so spicy?

Can someone actually tell me why they like it so hot

Most Helpful Girl

• BLOOMINGTON, IN—Insisting that inhabitants of the Southeast Asian country “can’t possibly eat like this every day,” local mother Courtney Meisner confirmed Tuesday that she does not understand why Thai people need all their food to be so spicy. “Why do they have to make it so strong and peppery? There’s too many spices,” a flushed Meisner said during lunch at the Lemongrass Thai Grill, reaching for her glass of water to wash down a spoonful of tom yum goong. “Honestly, how can they stand this? There’s no way their children eat this spicy food, I’ll tell you that much.” Unable to finish more than a few bites of her penang curry entrée, Meisner went on to state that Thai people really ought to put all the spices on the side “so you can just put in however much you want.”
    www.theonion.com/.../area-mother-doesnt-see-why-thai-people-need-to-mak-35501

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, but I don't like spicy food. I'm trying to eat food, I'm not on Fear Factor.

What Girls Said 15

• The chemical compounds of spucrd protect their plants as well as their food from spoilage microbes and bacteria longer. The microbes in our food are competitng with us for it, adding spices helps us reduce foos-borne illnesses. Countries with hotter climates, such as India nearly every meat based recipes calls for at least one spice, and most include many spices because it has to do with their climate compared to places with a cooler climate.

People in steamy places eat spicy food to cool down with perspiration. While all that is benificial un Hotter climats places, douces providr trace amounts of anti-oxydants or other chemicals to aid digestion.

It has also become a part of their culture.

• I've never had pakistani food. im curious now. pakistanis are probably used to it and probably wonder why western food is bland and flavorless lol

• Tunisians love spicy food, so I need to try Pakistani food haha
    Spicy 😍🌶🌶🌶

• Theirs is too spicy lol I had one last week called shish kabab my dad told them not to make it spicy and we ate it it was so hot my throat burned I couldn't even digest it anymore lol.

• you should do a mytake on Tunisian food I would love to try one just out of curiosity.

• Sure haha 💓😊

• Spicing meat helps to kill bacteria and also covers the taste of spoiled meat. It's hot out there... Food spoils more easily and there is a lot of disease.

• I love spicy food but I don't find their food that spicy.

Spice just makes it more tastier and I don't know we just love spicy food.

• indian ocean cultures like their spice

• Spice is in the culture. you're not used to the hot flavours, if you were raised on it you wouldn't feel this way lol.
    Also taste is subjective.

• The Muslim rulers of India brought spicy food from abroad during 14 the century. It sooner replaced Indian food which was mostly veg. Six seven centuries habit of spicy food has deep roots in genetics.

• you're forgetting they are indian by blood

• Basically Indian actually Punjab's food is the spiciest!!

• To spice up their life of course.

• Because spicy food is amazing

• Cause they do

• Mmmm I love their food. The hotter the better. I wish I could cook it like they do, but mine is a poor imitation

• That's just what they like

What Guys Said 10

• I think its cause of they are on ''Spice Road'' (The road which starts from India, Egypt, Libya ends in Turkey ) they are living in the geography where spices are coming from I guess. So thats why most of their foods are spicy, and its about their culture aswell, how they eat & live etc.

• I know but I am just fascinated by how they are capable of eating it lol.

• Hmm I should find a Pakistani shish kebab because the Turkish kebabs around here just aren't spicy at all.

• Actually I find it highly enjoyable. Have a neat pakistani restaurant close-by who ask you if you want the spicy variant or the germanised one.

• We asked for non spicy and I still couldn't digest it after one shish kabab lol. I am near a paki restaurant as well.

• The vast majority of cultures that are based around the equator have spicy food. This is because spicy foods helps them sweat, which is your body's built in air condition system.

• hot people like hot food, right @cinderelli? 😉🔥

• Hell yeah... 😝🔥🔥🔥
      For the same reason I think American and European food looks so bland... and that's gonna be the biggest problem for me when I move.. 😕
      I love Pakistani food... it's not just spicy.. its deliciously spicy

• @cinderelli I love spicy food... you have to show me some :P

• Taste buds. It's not just Pakistani. It's a lot more Punjabi. Meaning Indian also.
    Before you chew something you want you're brain impulses realising thus is food & not gum that's lost its flavour. You dig it?

• because there's many cultures that traded spices to make money and as such they had a lot of spices to go around so they used it. so its pretty much a part of their culture to spice it up

• Not sure really

• I like it nice and spice cuz it complements ma Muslim babez in Paki 😋😋😋 juz kunt live without them ✌🏼

• You look like a lamb.
    So for their next feast they should halal you 😂😭