Do you force yourself to eat healthy foods?

I like majority of good/healthy foods but some of it is simply disgusting. I honestly hate majority of vegetables. I love fruits, but I loath veggies, especially carrots. Carrots are disgusting to me. I have to force myself to eat healthy simply because I know how important it is to be healthy and it'll do me justice in the long run, but if donuts and ice cream was healthy, I'd be in heaven lol. Do you find that you have to force yourself to eat healthy?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to but I don't anymore. You see most healthy foods especially vegetables are what is known as an "acquired taste." Basically when you first start eating them they taste horrible but after a while they actually taste different and good.

Alcohol and coffee are two other examples. Most everyone who takes a sip of those at first makes a face like they want to spit it out. But they keep drinking it to wake up or get buzzed, and after a while it starts to taste good to them.

The trick is you need to force yourself to eat them for a few weeks or months in order to get adjusted to the taste. Also, it will happen much quicker if you cut back or cut out the high sugar foods. Its hard to find the good taste of carrots when you compare them to ice cream, lol.

One more thing, the carrots, don't buy them or anything else "pre-cut" in order to keep them looking fresh companies spray some kind of chemical on them. This chemical quite honestly tastes like shit, and might be making them taste even worse than they should.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I enjoy healthy food.

What Guys Said 11

• I would rather taste donuts too lol. I've gotten used to the taste of healthy foods since that really all I eat currently. Our palates can adjust with discipline. I think it's probably harder for that to happen though when eating foods like donuts to have a mental comparison.

Breaking food addiction can be difficult and takes time. I was recently talking to a guy (about 450 pounds) that is close to dying because of his diet. He said he can't give up the food. He said he would feel depressed without it, even though he knows he will probably die soon.

• Yeah... If I didn't care about getting fat or having a heart attack, I'd eat bacon all day long. 😜

• Not really. While I admit, vegetables are not my favorite food type, it's been drilled into me since childhood that they are usually a part of the meal and thus to be eaten.

• I don't need to force myself, I like healthy food.

• Nah, I actually enjoy healthy foods. I grew up eating it because it's a staple in my culture. Thank god!

• I hate most veggies, but I don't mind peppers, tomatoes and carrots as well as mushrooms and legumes.
    So I eat those along a mostly animal based diet.

• nope but I probably should

• No, I've actually have grown to love all kinds of fruits and vegetables. Cooking a healthy meal is way easier than cooking good-tasting, but unhealthy meals.

• I buy the good tasting ones. Fruit juices are all good, whole wheat pasta, salmon. It's all good! Broccoli, carrots, spinach, beets,

• no, it goes easy for me.

• Force, No. I chose what I like. Uncooked carrots are good, cooked not so much. I like spinach so that's my main vegetable with my dinner. Celery is good to snack on.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, I do, trying to conquer a binge eating disorder lol

• yeah my future self will thank me

• No... I grew up on a total whole foods diet. Its all I know and like.

• I enjoy eating healthy, to be honest.

• Hell yes that why it takes so long to eat it