Who is better at cooking: your mother or your father?

My mum definitely cooks good foods but dad cooks mouth-watering ones. *drools*

Same is true with me and my brother. I can prepare decent dishes but my bro is just way better at it. I'm thinking maybe because women are less fond of eating than men (generally), and for that reason, men know what mix their tastebuds are looking?

Though when it comes to desserts and pastries, mum and I are the crème de la crème. :D

• My mum cooks better.Who is better at cooking: your mother or your father?
  • My dad cooks better.Who is better at cooking: your mother or your father?
  • Both of their dishes make me drool!Who is better at cooking: your mother or your father?
  • I'd rather make my own food. :/Who is better at cooking: your mother or your father?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Hands down my mom, but my dad is a genius on the grill (he's grilling right now for 4th of July :o). But to be fair, in his culture, men do not cook quite literally, so it wasn't until he left his home country and came to the US in college where he was living alone that he had to learn. He's told me some really hillarious stories of his trial and errors. My mom being the oldest of 8 siblings learned to cook on her own b/c her mom for some reason wasn't a good teacher and she taught me and my brother how to. We are always in competition to see who is the best, but if I'm being honest, he is, though I'll never admit that to him!

What Guys Said 15

• My father had a terrible teacher in his mom, she was such a mess (child of the depression and various life traumas). My mom perfected the turkey dinner and roast!

• Pretty sure my dad would have starved to death years ago if not for my mom😝

• My dad can cook way better than my mom but is no 5* chef by any means.

My granma can cook her ASS off though. Still wondering how I didn't become morbidly obese with her feeding me...

• They are both good, but my grandmother cooks better (my grandparents live in apartment above ours and we eat all together).

• My dad can't even figure out how to put popcorn in the microwave

• I've only ever had my dad's cooking.

• my mom is maybe a 4-5/10 and my dad like a 1-2 lol

• i voted D.

• Dad is better at complex dishes, Mom is better at pot luck.

• I'd rather make my own food

• Mom is the better cook, but Dad is a grill master.

• My dad couldn't boil water to save his life

• Mums... Dad cooks random shit like he closed his eyes and half assed on purpose.

• hard to say. would need a duel.

• both dead.. NEXT QUESTION

What Girls Said 20

• Mom was and Still is the Chef of the Century, while Dad is the Main Drain Master of the Grill when it comes to Firing up Outside the house.
    However, Mom puts One heck of a party on when it comes to A... Family Barbecue with all of the Fixings with Dad's Drippings.
    Good luck and Great Going, @LilyTheGinger. xx

• Haha then no need to worry about firing up their house. Sounds like a great day!

• lol Better than mine, at least no rain and more of a gain.. I ended up going to a china buffet last nite. xxoo

• Depends. My mom did most of the cooking growing up and she was decent at it. My dad doesn't cook much but the couple things he has decided he likes cooking he does really well. Soooo basically, my mom can coom a lot of things decently, while my dad can cook a couple things really well...

• My dad cooks better as well but his foods are usually really greasy or contain meat or both so I can't eat them lol

• My father cooks better. My mother just burns everything, like me :P

• My dad is better at whipping something up out of ingredients we already have, my mom is better at making already established dishes.

• My dad

• my mom makes a better cook

• My mom is the better cook.

• My dad cooked like a dad would, average. My mother is an amazing cook. I wish I could cook like her one day for my husband and children.

• My MAMA all DA way!

• I voted A just because my mother cooks far more often than my father does. When he does cook, he makes good food, but he doesn't do it often enough for me to compare the two.

• My dad doesn't even cook, he just heard stuff up 😂

• My mom. My dad doesn't even know how to cook.

• My dad can't cook for shit, my mom's cooking is gross as well.. I'm the best cook in the house.😂

• How the fuck did you burn ice cream? That's hilarious, Lol.

• I'm not sure my dad even knows how to turn on the stove.

• both bad. our au pair cooks most of the meals luckily xxx

• They look different things really well :)

• Both are amazing cooks.

• Letting my dad cook is very risky. We once let him cook dinner and he made fried chicken and didn't tell us that he added some weird African spice that was extremely spicy. At first we didn't really mind. We're used to eating spicy foods. However the steam had risen up into our eyes and when we rubbed our eyes some of the spice must have been on our fingers. It was awful. All of our eyes started burning and my mom couldn't see for the entire next day. I literally cried. My dad doesn't cook much anymore.