Why do you usually drink alcohol?

• To get drunk
  • Buzz
  • Open up
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• It's sort of like why I have cheat 'day' once a week.

Not that I need to, but it's a reward. I only allow myself to get "fully" drunk at New Year's.

My birthday, tipsy/borderline drunk. Otherwise, I stop at 2 beers, MAX. Not that I drink often anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually drink alcohol because it goes well with what i'm eating.

If i'm having a drink not with a meal, it's to relax and enjoy the taste as well.

• From your options, i'm guessing you're not at a stage in life where food and wine pairing interest you. One day it might.

So let me break down the stages of drinking:
      1) mild relaxation
      2) relaxed, glowy, feel a little warm, if you're with a group of friends (or new friends) people feel like they're in synch more, everyones a little more open and laughing and the outside world fades a little
      3) like 2, but a little goofier, sloppier, everything is funny
      4) really fucked up, things are funny, but you're pretty messed up, i'd say around this level people start having chances of blackout periods. Note blacking out is not passing out. You can be walking, talking, asking people to have sex, etc. during a blackout. You just have zero memory of it. Your short term memory doesn't exist. If you're talking to someone drunk, and they don't notice if you ask the same question over and over, or they do it, they may be blacking out and their friends should get them somewhere safe.
      5) passout

• I meant you don't drink to highlight the flavor profile of what you're eating :p

• Yeah i dont do that.

What Girls Said 14

• Just because I can usually. If I'm out for dinner or something I'll get a drink to try it.

• To have fun, get tipsy - everything is more fun when you're tipsy but you gotta know your limit.

• I like to get a little glow on when socializing but not get blackout drunk.

• I don't drink a lot, so not for buzz, nor for trying to get drunk, nor for open up, at clubs and parties I drink because it's tiresome to explain that I don't want actually, I just drink a little while time passes by avoiding to get drunk a lot.

• I enjoy the taste of the alcohol I drink and it's relaxing after a long day at work...

• Because I'm half Italian and there's literally always wine.

• To get drunk.

• I just have a drink here and there if I'm out with friends and the mood strikes. I'm not a big drinker, though.

• Because it's fun.

• Peer pressure. I don't even like the taste and never really get drunk / buzzed in a good way.

• Because it has a nice bottle and I feel like tasting it. :) and because it happens to be there.

• To feel nothing.

• I don't drink alcohol. I don't like the taste

• I drink alcohol because I enjoy the different tastes - like enjoying a good meal.

What Guys Said 9

• I only drink to make other people more interesting.

• I'm an infrequent binger, in that I don't actually go out and drink that often, but when I do, I'm definitely drinking past the "buzz". That's like the appetizer without the main course.

• We have a single glass of wine, shot of somthing hard ot a beer most every evening. It helps to relax and it's supposed to be good for you.

• All of the above.

• I like the taste

• I don't drink. Never had never will

• because i like the taste of some beers. but other than that i will not drink.

• I don't drink.

• every so often