Be honest now, how many of you have eaten ice cream or gelato right out of the carton?

It's the hottest day of the year so far here and getting hotter, and it's not even noon yet! The humidity is making things feel closer to 40 C. So I'm thinking about eating frozen sweet treats. I don't have the patience to get a bowl out - I want cold food right this instant! I have no qualms about eating right out of the carton, and neither does my husband. Of course, if we were sharing with others we wouldn't do that, but we're not. Lol.

So have you eaten ice cream right from the carton? (Yes you do, everyone has done this at some point in their life 😂).

• I have
  • I haven't (come on now, I said be honest!!!)

Most Helpful Guy

• Mainly because if it's good it's not worth wasting the time scooping it into some other serving device - that implies sharing - and everyone can fuck off and leave my good chocolate and or mango ice-creams alone...

seriously, I will cut you! And just remember, All I have is a spoon, it's bound to hurt!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup I have. Many times before. In fact, I hardly ever eat it from a bowl lol

What Guys Said 15

• I do this all the time. (Although it's generally vanilla bean frozen yogurt.) Getting a bowl and scooping it out is WAY too much trouble! I stand at the kitchen counter and have fun making little excavations in the frozen yogurt, carving out valleys and leaving a peak in the middle. Totally weird I know, but it's actually great fun. Stay cool.

• Damn it, now I want ice cream

• yep. not ashamed of it either. its my own personal carton of ice cream, why dirty a bowl? now if its ice cream that is shared between others I will only do it when its low and there is just enough for one serving left. once again, why dirty a bowl?

• I was just up at Yorkdale picking up some stuff for work and it's CRAZY hot out there. Some gelato would hit the spot right about now, but that would involve going back outside and leaving the air conditioning of the office behind...

• i thought that was how you were supposed to eat it.

• Only when its nearly finished.

• As long as no one's looking LOL Usually I get fro yo or gelato.

• Gelato, always gelato. Ice cream is a poor imitation of gelato.

• Out of the carton too, right? LOL! I like gelato too. There are some great gelato shops here that make everything in house. I have to keep my dairy intake to a minimum so I can't go too often, but I enjoy it when I can.

• A friend of mine is lactose intolerant. She also loves gelato, cream sauces, etc.
      She gets around it by taking some sort of prescription drug (pill) before she eats. Apparently, it allows her to digest the lactose.

• Never.
    I like holding a bowl when I eat.

• I haven't but then I really don't like ice cream.
    Iv done similar things though when noone else is around like eat peanut butter out of a jar and drink juice out of a carton.

• I have

• Lol guilty

• i dont eat that high caloric stuff.

• Me, too,
    And yeah, its been like that frequently over here in New England

• Yes I have.
    27 seems to be cakewalk , which city in Canada ?

• Toronto... It's in the picture.

It's currently 35 C here which is 95 F, but with the high humidity it feels like 44 C. It's hot. If you've ever been to Florida, that's what it feels like. I wish it was dry desert heat like in California or something.

• The base temperature right now is 35.

• lol...
      That last year or two has been a watershed moment across the globe.

What Girls Said 14

• Yes.

Several times. Made sure to eat no more than a few spoonfuls before putting it back.

- Careful, very easy way to over eat if it's a 'larger' container.

• Yep, I eat ice cream out of the carton all the time. Lol

• I haven't

• "A" for ANY other way is Not Natural, @musicbrain5.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Yeah when the carton is all mine. If I am sharing it with the whole family? No.

• Guilty as charged! 🙋

• I haven't. We have enough little shops where you can buy fresh made ice cream. All flavours. So much better than carton one ;-)

• where is the issue? is that something to be ashamed off?

• I don't think I have. I would always put some in a bowl since I didn't like the feel of the container that it came with.

• I have totes done this numerous times lately lol pregnancy is wonderful ☺

• Yeah I've done it a few times

• I will with like a pint or quart, like the personal ones. But I don't eat out of the half gallon containers. But I also have roommates so...

• I have, several times :P

• Never! I put food in a dish before eating it. I wasn't born in a barn.