Are alcoholic beverages an acquired taste?

I drank for like the fifth time yesterday and this time I actually kind of enjoyed it,
I was drinking an Angry Orchard Hard Cider which I'd had before but this time I actually liked it and I ended up having another.
It was the first time I actually liked an alcoholic beverage so I'm saying yes

• yes
  • no
  • explain/other

Most Helpful Girl

• Most definitely, it's an acquired taste. Some drinks, you might like right away, and others will take time to appreciate. There may be some alcoholic beverages you never grow to enjoy as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• i donĀ“t think any person on this planet enjoyed his first shot of vodka xD

What Girls Said 3

• Some things I like to drink, some things I just drink to get drunk with. I do like cider and cocktails!

• Any kind of beer tastes horrible to me, so I know that's an acquired taste.

• Vote B = For me it was a natural and easy addiction

What Guys Said 3

• I think it depends on the person. I've always liked beer, whisky took some getting used to before I could drink it straight.

• I don't like most alcoholic drinks. So yes I would say so.

• Some drinks are for some people. Like my brother didn't like beer but he drank it until he loved it. I on the other hand loved all alcohol since I was a kid. Now as I've gotten older I've grown less keen on the taste, but more keen on the effects