Do you believe sugar should be taxed?

I think so. whats you opinion

koch brothers own most candy companies thats why

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No? Why should it be?

What Guys Said 11

• No way! First off, the money is not going to anything important in the places it is getting taxed to. Second, sugar is the last thing that should be taxed. If anything should be taxed, it should be meats. I think that it would put a huge motion in place that could allow for meat producers to go antibiotics free for their meet as well as cage free in doing so. That would be a much beneficial tax as taxing sugar isn't benefiting us as a society. Sugar is not anymore harmful than anything else.

People may say sugar can give you diabetes and put you at risk for a heart attack but that is if it is done in excess on a daily basis. If anything is done excessively then it is harmful. Even people die yearly from drinking too much water. Does that mean that water should be taxed as well?

It really shows that the liberal government wants to dethrone specific companies that do not support their campaigns and with that they try to implement ridiculous legislature like a "sugar tax" that is in no way benefitting the people!

• It already is taxed which is why high fructose corn syrup is used in most products that were traditionally sweetened with sugar.

• nah, because it wouldn't minimise consumption just like alcohol tax does not minimise consumption. it's just a way of putting a tax on working people's so called "luxuries".

• Well those damn Brits taxed us for it in 1784. Thankfully I haven't paid tax for food & clothes in my lifetime.

• I'm not sure. If it wasn't taxed before, why should it be taxed now? I agree people shouldn't consume as much sugar. That's why they need to have self control. But taxing people on sugar? That's rather crazy.

• Only if you're a health nazi.

• It's taxed here in the UK or will be soon. I don't see a point in it but whatever.

• Why?

• Why should they?

• yes, it should.

• It already is in my country

What Girls Said 5

• No this isn't tea -__-

• no because sugar per se isn't the root of the problem its over-indulgence in junk food. its a Band-Aid solution

• Nope.

• no. why?

• Nope.