Candy shops, have you ever been to one?

have you ever been to an actual candy shop like this
Candy shops, have you ever been to one?
or this

If so, what was it like? Is it as cool as it seems it would be? I'm just curious about it since I've never been to one before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes we we lots off sweet (candy) shops in the UK.
    I still remember as a boy going to pick sweets from the jar.
    We use to have pick n mix as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, yes, @loveisbeautiful and it is Like... I died and went to Heaven.
    I have been all over and the One I love the Best from the Rest is "American Candle" which has Everything from Soup to Nuts here, dear. On top of having a section for Nick Knacks and candles and All that, Barrels and Barrels of Candy and and What Nots, just Everything under the Sun, hun.
    I always End up getting a box of Homemade Fudge that is just to Die for.
    You have not Lived until you Try and Buy it.
    Good luck and Great going. xx

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence, and wow, this question seemed only like Yesterday.. lolxx

What Guys Said 17

• oh my god yes! when was a kid and when was adult. lots of fun.

tons of junk food of course, but fun.

• yes i have. it's was exciting when i was a child

• Omg, this is like a real life Honeydukes!! Have not been, but from the picture alone it does seem like it would be extremely cool

• Yes a bunch of times.
    THEY ARE FUCKING AWESOME
    You can also get candy that the grocery stores do not carry

• Yeah you should totally go to one if you love candy!

• Yes I have it was fun. Must of been at least 15 years ago tho😂

• They're very cool, I've been to one in Vegas, Portland, Seattle and the Oregon Coast and they're pretty cool. They have the rate candy that's not in stores, but it's sometimes pricey.

• nope.

• yes, i highly recommend it. it is a fun experience and lots of choices of candy too.

• That cannot be healthy!

• Yes. It is definitely worth it.

• Yeah once, didn't buy much though

• I've been to Honeydukes in Wizarding World of Harry Potter

• I really want to go therr. Are there a lot of options or just they few that people put videos on YouTube about?

• I meant the variety of candy

• @nojokecarmichael Oh, there are lots of different candies. They're just nothing too special, and you can possibly find most of them at your local candy store. The only difference is that Honeydukes is very overpriced.

• nope

• As I remember it go in spend way to much money then eat way to much candy feel sick puke then never do it again

• no i hate sweets

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 16

• They can smell *amazing*. The candy can be quite expensive since they have to pay for the store and the help. You might find flavors of something you've never seen before and that's always fun. I don't eat a lot of sugar so I don't buy much in these store but I love to look at the displays and take in the aromas.

• Yeah I have; I picked up 1kg of candy in a bag and the bad split open and dropped all over the floor... needless to say the owners weren't happy but the candy looked really old as well as the bag itself lol

• I definitely have. It's a fun experience. It might be overwhelming with all the candy options, though. Haha.

• Yep! There's a store here called Sugar Mountain and it's awesome. I love that place and they have pretty much every candy product you can think of. If they don't have what you want, they will make an effort to put in a special order for you.

• Kind of overwhelming, and expensive.

• Yes, years ago, but I don't remember much about it. :(

• It's so much fun! I still go sometimes, but I always spend way too much and come out with a huge amount of candy

• Yes, when I went to Disney World.

• Nothing like that but I've been to the candy store in dreamworld Australia a few times.

• I've been to one in Kittery, Maine.

It was a pretty big let down, but they had a lot of salt water taffy.

• Yes and I've been to a hospital the same day, freaking diabeetus lol I'm so bad with candy I stay away

• Oh god... are those pictures from heaven? <3

• I've been to one a couple of weeks ago with my friend and some creepy old dude wouldn't leave us alone

• Yeah, I have. They're nothing special. You can get a sugar high from breathing the air though.

• Yes, when I was younger. My family took a lot of road trips, and we'd hit up the tourist trap towns. Some of them were cute and had shops like this. I liked the handmade chocolate truffles or the ones filled with fruit jellies.

• He let me lick the lollipop 🎶