Do you eat genetically engineered foods?

What are your thoughts about genetically engineered foods? Do you think they're safe to eat? So the poll question is do you eat them?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not without my knowledge
I've not down voted any of the opinions so it's not me doing that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a Biologist, and I can say that there is NO LEGITIMATE, UNBIASED RESEARCH that has EVER PROVEN that there is anything wrong, bad, or potentially harmful with GMO foods!
    It is all media hype and BS!!
    THEY ARE LYING TO YOU!! Genetically modified crops have been in our food supply for almost 40 years!!
    It's all NEWS SENSATIONALISM, and GETTING RATINGS!!!
    In 40 years, there are no documented diseases, ailments, or environmental issues!!

• So pesticides are good for us, them vitamins yum

• @J1020 Hey, dump the BS news hype, and listen, OK? Pesticides are NOT GMO foods!! Pesticides have NOTHING to do with most GMO foods! Most are just slightly altered for ripening, and disease resistance, so they don't NEED pesticides.

• Yeah news kind of is a burden, anything spun for ratings.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not that I know of. I have medical issues, so I tend to have to eat organic and things that aren't processed.

What Guys Said 13

• All food is genetically engineered. The bananas, apples and other stuff you see in the grocery store is the result of 1000 years of human selection for the best, sweetest and most nutritional food. The reason bananas are yellow when ripe and can be peeled so easily is because they're all genetically engineered.
    Anybody who is against genetically engineered food is either an ignorant hippie or an ignorant girl.

• I avoid them as much as possible, try to get organic when I can and when I can afford it.
    You can eat them but they are not good for your body.

• I live in America, of course I do.

Genetically modified foods are not a problem. What is a problem is the unsanitary conditions our food is in.

• It's kind of impossible not to so yeah I do. I wish they didn't do stuff like that and I avoid it when I can.

• No I try to eat Organic.

• I absolutely do. It's completely harmless. People complain that it doesn't have as much vitamin content. That's a good thing because the food is bigger, so we don't OD on vitamins... which would be toxic. So... if you ate as much food as possible you would get sick on non GMO food before you would GMO food.

• Everyone fucking does, corn is mostly GMO and it's in most shit.

• The world would have even MORE starvation if all food was farmed organically.

• I would eat both gm food and irradiated food to the best of my knowledge both are actually better for you how ever I don't know if i do or not though I just get what ever is available in the shop or on offer.

• if it taste it tastes good.

• They're good for you

• We all do. Man has being genetically modifying food from day one. Wheat, potatoes, corn were all genetically modified by our ancestors. It's nothing new folks.

• Yes I have and yes they are safe

What Girls Said 8

• Do you mean GMOs? If so, we already eat it without being aware of it.

• did you mean "not WITH my knowledge"?

• I don't.

• I try not to.

• Many established scientists have proved that GMO's are perfectly safe for human consumption. I won't buy into the anti GMO propaganda by misinformed environmentalists.
    I trust the scientists. Therefore, I eat GMO's and I'm perfectly healthy.

• Try to eat organic when I could.

• i try not to

• Everyone eats it at some point. I don't see a point in avoiding it. If foods are covered in pesticides and other shit I'll pass but from what I know, that's okay