How do you butter your corn on the cob?

My family puts butter on a piece of bread and then we slide it up and down and around the ear of corn.

I wondered randomly if that was a common technique.

How do you butter your corn on the cob?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• 1.(When I'm in public) Slice the butter with a knife and rub it on the butter

2. (When I'm lazy) Take the stick of butter turn it to the end and rub it on the corn directly

What Guys Said 26

What Girls Said 18

• I don't put butter on it. I find it gross and unhealthy. Butter takes away the natural taste of vegetables, and I don't like that. I love it plain.
    I've never seen that technique, but I can see how useful it would be. I'll suggest it to my family. They just use a knife.

• I take a stick of butter, open up one end, and spread it on that way.

• 0|0
  • We just use a knife, put some butter on it, and slather on on the ear of corn. Your method works, too, though, since bread with butter is yummy. :P

• Never heard of anyone doing that.

Don't butter corn on the cob, in fact if I do eat it I don't eat it like that. But I imagine how it's done here is melted butter and a pastry brush?

• My family doesn't butter corn, we think its another way to clog arteries. We eat it plain or dont eat it at all. Plus corn is very heavy type of food. It doesn't digest.

• What the hell?

In my house we just take a whole stick of butter and rub our corn on it that way

• I just spread it directly on the cob itself.

• I just take a stick of butter and then rub it around the corn. XD

• Take the whole butter stick, rub rub, pass.

• We just have the whole slightly warm stick out and rub the corn directly on the stick if you know what I'm sayin 😉😉

• 1|0
    • That makes sense, but then I don't want to eat the extra carbs lol

• What the? Such a weird technique

• I put a knob of butter on the top and let it melt, then put the handle things on and dig in :D

• Doesn't seem like such a bad idea actually! I'll try that next time. I usually use a knife

• Melt butter in the microwave and drizzle it over the corn

• I melt an entire gigantic bucket of butter and dip the corn in it.

• Spread it awkwardly with knife.