Your feelings/thoughts on coffee and are we reliant on it?

I read somewhere if you are reliant on coffee, you don't produce your own adrenaline to wake you up naturally.. I usually drink 1 cup a day.

How do you non coffee drinkers feel? energetic throughout the day, no crashes, down?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel energetic through the day, if I'm low on energy I eat food.

Most Helpful Guy

• Many people say that coffee or energy drinks is a crutch for what you've mention. However, I disagree. Coffee is like your vitamins we take everyday, they're important for your overall health but they are used to enhance your life further.

In this case, I use coffee as a way to wake up to start the morning, but it also is enhanced by working out and getting that energy and blood pumping throughout the day. This helps me concentrate and also be proactive.

Sleep comes from our circadian rhythm, when you sleep at the same time and wake up at the same time, it creates a routine in which as a result, you will wake up naturally at the same time. Of course, this natural sleep can come in many different variations, it just all depends on certain conditions.

Lastly, the only determinant to any form of caffeine laced drink or product is the tolerances that builds up overtime. As a result, many people will consume a lot of caffeine and that creates dependency, which can be difficult to get out of sometimes.

What Girls Said 16

• I don't drink coffee. I wake up at 4am, it takes me a few minutes to get up. Then I'm up :D I have to be at work by 7:30am I just like being up early. I don't feel very energetic at the end of day at 4pm, but when I get home I feel better, because I have things to do.

• I drink coffee for the taste. It's become a habit. I wake up at 5am so that alone is hard enough already. Coffee is just there to make me feel more relaxed.

• I love coffee, but stopped drinking it except now and then because it was giving me stomach aches. 😢

• You can wean yourself off of the caffeine dependency. I've done it before but it usually takes me like 3 days of being really tired to get myself off my tea and coffee dependency

• I don't drink coffe.
    I have never really understood why I should be drinking it.
    I once had a job where I had to meet at 6 in the morning and work for 10 hours, and I did not need coffee.
    If I feel tired because of lack of sleep or anything, I would recommend to get some cold water or something like that.

• I don't drink coffee. I'm not a fan of the taste.

• I have hypothyroidism so without my medication I don't feel energetic throughout the day at all.

• I hate coffee. I think it tastes absolutely awful. & I can't stand coffee breath on other people. I work in Healthcare & the amount of nurses & aides that depend on coffee is outrageous! Like, they drink so much on shift! & then there's me, literally the only person who guzzles water & chocolate milk all day long (seriously, 8+ cups of chocolate milk..)

• I mean I get tired eventually but yeah I am pretty energetic and usually manage to run about 3miles a day on top of whatever else I have goign on.

• I love coffee! Typically I do fine throughout the day with or without coffee though

• I guess coffee never seemed appealing to me. I hate the smell and the taste isn't particularly nice. I am used to having milk or a smoothie for breakfast so it's not like I'm suddenly gonna start needing coffee every day.

• I hate coffee it's gross but I drink a cup of iced black unsweetened coffee in the morning before I workout

• I never drink coffee so I never crash

• Loveeee coffee.

• Whatever you read what ever you read it wrong

• I love coffee!

What Guys Said 6

• I alternate between tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. I like some variety.

Coffee doesn't do much for me. Actually, sometimes it makes me feel worse if I'm really tired or have a slight headache. So I only drink it now when I'm feeling alright.

I think a lot of people are too dependent on coffee.

• It's either caffeine, sugar or cocaine when it comes to me.

• I hate coffee

• i basicalle never drink it. only rarely preworkout, to raise the efficiency.

• i dont drink coffee, its bad.

• i love coffee but i am by no means reliant on it.. if i could never drink it again, id be fine