Do YOU support GMO food?

Personally I am an anti-GMO person but I am very open minded and would love to hear what other people truly think about GMOs and whether or not they should be banned.

• Yeah, I think GMO's are safe just like the scientists say they are (or other reasons)
  • NOPE! GMO food is unsafe and the public is not being told about what's going into their body (or other reasons)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm fine with GMO foods. Literally every single food we eat is genetically modified. Our ancestors did good work.

The only time I oppose GMOs is when they want to crossbreed like peanuts and soy because so many people are allergic to one or the other and combining them could be incredibly dangerous.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly as long as it's clean, it's fine.

GMO's are actually healthier than non-GMO ones. They're tastier and in higher quantity. Most of the stuff we eat are GMO's

Organic is the healthiest but whatev. Read some of the replies I made earlier about certain cases and you'll see how GMO companies aren't telling you the truth. I don't know just my opinion but I don't like GMO in general

The thing is, with our expectations growing with the population, they actually have no choice. In order to protest the food industries, you must first protest the people of America. Good luck

Yeah I know man. This world is too fucked up for things to really be changed. I just wish humans wouldn't be so corrupt and prioritize money over human lives. There is so much manipulation and lying going on to make people think this world is fair but it's really not. But what can ya do, just gotta live with it.

What Girls Said 8

• Despite all the weirdly fierce opposition, there has never been a SINGLE piece of scientific evidence that GMO foods are "unhealthful".

On top of that, GMO foods have larger crop yields, are more pest-resistant, and are less prone to early spoilage. The result is that more people can be fed for the same total $ outlay.

In other words, being "anti-GMO" is LITERALLY equivalent to saying it's OK for more people to starve... for essentially no reason at all.

Ok but companies like Monsanto produce seeds and the herbicides used. If you didn't know- they make the seeds/plants more resistant to herbicides (research has shown about 5x more than normal) which means more herbicide must be used by farmers. The companies are fucking farmers with corruption by selling the seeds and the herbicides. In addition, you have to throw out the left over seeds every year. So ask yourself, why are seeds being wasted. Cause it's a corrupt law that allows the company to make more money.

"are you saying that GM crops have been proved safe?"

^^ There are literally tens of thousands of legitimate, credentialed scientific studies of the effects of GMO in both humans and livestock animals, and exactly ZERO of those studies have found ANY statistically significant pernicious effects.

That's about as close to "proof" as science will EVER get. Literally zero out of tens of thousands.

Ok but that's so far, it's only been 20 years since they were introduced and I find it funny cause previous products like agent orange, DDT, and PCBs were said to be 1000000000000% safe due to scientific research. Now look at it-all those are banned because they are frikin toxic shit that is dangerous and devastating to humans and the environment. They use to spray DDT on people at the beach to kill insects not knowing they were spraying highly toxic things right on. For all we know we don't have the technology yet to see the bad effects of GM crops. Orrrrr- the company does know but is lying to the public which is very much possible in my opinion

• I'm fine with GMO after all it does provide cheap and maybe better food. However, I do believe that it may be bad despite what scientists are saying and would like all GMO food to be labelled so that people can make their own conclusions.

Thank you. At least label the shit. Conspired are oaying governments to HIDE labels!!! Now isn't that suspicious. State of Vermont got sued for a 20 million dollar deal that was to hide GMO labels for a company.

They should get sued. Technically that's a crime against the people. I am free in this country to believe what I want. You have to give me all the knowledge upfront so I can be free to make my own decisions. Trust me I worked in a lab this summer and last summer and I saw how these scientists work. God help us.

• an example of GMO food is seedless oranges. With genetic modification all you are doing is adding or subtracting part of an organism. I have personally genetically modified bacteria to glow in the dark. It is in no way unhealthy. Chips and ice cream are waaaay more unhealthy and to be honest you are probably eating GMOs without knowing you are. NonGM foods are just another stupid trend that doesn't actually mean anything

Aahhhh. The first part is right but GMO's got some shit I'll tell you that. Go look at how Monsanto sells its products. First they fuck up the seeds so they are more resistant to pesticides. They also sell the pesticides to farmers "what a coincidence" so now the plants need 5x the amount of chemicals to stop bugs. so they make so much more money by selling all the stuff to the farmers with fucked up genes/modifications. And don't ya think that some of those deadly chemicals that kill bugs go into the plant? It's like people think make up just stays on your face when in reality all those chemicals go into your skin then your bloodstream which can be unhealthy.

Im not referring to whatever Monsanto does to screw over farmers, I am saying that the act of genetically engineering organisms is not harmful. People often confuse hormones and chemicals with DNA from a living organism. How the process of creating a GMO works is by harvesting DNA from one organism and transplanting it into another. Most crops that are engineered to deter bugs are engineered with Bt. Bt is a bacterial species that is resistant to bugs, therefore making crops resistant to bugs. Its not harmful

Ok yeah. So personally I bet there are some products that are just fine but I just don't trust GM crops/food in general. And to be honest with you-for all you know they can be flat out lying that these crops are safe cause truly who would ever know? Nobody and they pay the FDA government and other officials to do such stuff. My question is why do these biotech companies try to hide their GMO labeling?

If GMO food is so tasteful, safe, healthy, nutritional, and can save the world from starvation then shouldn't they be making sure people know their products are GMO... not trying to hide the frikin labels from everyone it just makes no sense. Nobody TRULY knows if they are safe or not so I'd rather go with the safe side like 26 other countries have done by banning GMO's for now. I guess we'll find out in the next 50 years or so maybe 😆 Unless I'm dead by then

• Nope I learned about gmos when I was 14 and started my family buying organic ever since. I think a lot of people's health problems come from gmos. This guy I know used to have gynecomastia and was super embarrassed so I told him about the gmos, he did some research too, and started eating organic and now he doesn't have the hormone imbalance anymore. I used to have really bad eczema before I quit eating stuff with gmos and a few other things. I'm actually a lot happier now too.

Can you tell me how organisms are genetically modified or what a GM food is?

Perhaps, but I have never heard of a plant gene transfered to an animal, but I could be wrong. I know that in this case though, its hormones. And yes the hormones are bad for the chicken because their breasts grow unnaturally large unaturally quick which causes problems with walking

@TheButterfly yeah that's why I just try to stay away from that stuff as much as I can in order to stay on the safe side

• I don't think it's safe however GMO foods taste good I'm not gonna stop eating it. These days tho apparently nearly everything can basically kill you or make you I'll if I'm gonna die I'm gonna die end of.

So true. But I actually think a lot of organic stuff tastes better but that's just me cause I'm use to eating less GMO

I feel yah! 😆

Right 😭

• Modifications like no seeds in oranges are the best.

Ok maybe. Like that's fine unless there is a problem with that and I don't know about it. But all the other stuff like meat and other crops are fucked up

• So when are anti gmo people gonna be called gmophobic?

• I don't really like the gmo food because that's actually a cause of celiac disease which I have

What Guys Said 8

• I think the potential in GMO foods is worth any risk they may create. I have an unshakeable confidence in the power of human creativity. Even if they do start out bad, we'll figure out a way to make it work.

Ok, I personally don't like humans going too far and behaving as if they are god but that's just my opinion. But if GMOs were safe I would be fine with it but I have seen so many corrupt cases in regard to companies that produce GMO food. They pay governments to hide their labeling and all sorts of other stuff which really makes me think that their is something that the public is not being told. Many people in this would tend to care more about money than human lives.

You're completely right about the corporations that do it. It's a shame that they're really the only people researching it right now other than those looking at things like algae farms and the like. We'll get there one day though!

I hope

• I wouldn't support it, but I wouldn't be against it. I'm on the fence about it.

• No I dont support genetic engineering food. Food should stay natural unless the earth is creating toxins within the crops or meats. I dont see 'cash or money' as being the right incentive

• I dunno. I am sure that starving kids in Africa would eat GMO food. First world problems.

Yeah but this starvation stuff is bullshit. It's a way for people to think GMO food is saving the world. I don't see those BILLION dollar companies like Monsanto helping out others that much. They do a little here and there but that's it. So much more could be done if we just didn't throw out so much food!

• Don't know

Go look up some articles from both sides

And watch some videos of how these animals are raised too-not very appetizing if ya ask me 😷

• fuck ya. GMO is lyfe.

Sounds like it is to you.

Well no food crop is as original vs like thousands of years ago anyway regardless of how fast we dev them.

Yeah totally. I guess we'll find out sooner than later about this stuff

• Yellow bananas with virtually no seed are GMO and theyre safe. Truth is, a lot of food are GM. So what? GMO food is such a vague term. What exactly are anti GMO scareed of. Be sepcific

Read some of my replies earlier. Lots of corrupt cases where the companies are trying to hide things from the public and are paying governments millions of dollars