Are there sounds you hear non-food related that for some reason make you hungry or think of food?

Maybe im the only one, but sometimes ill hear sounds that have nothing to do with food at all that still make me hungry when i hear them regardless.

For example hearing people walk on marble, concrete or wood surfaces makes me think of Dings dongs from hostess lol.

How about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL that made me laugh... Ding dongs from hostess :'D
    The sound of plastic wrappers being ripped open.
    The awful scraping sound of wood being scraped along metal reminds me of french baguettes being baked.

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks for A2A!

Yes. The sound of electricity coming back after a power cut. I love banana shake so much. But I live in India and power cuts are more common than the availability of fresh water here. I have to wait for electricity in order to make my mixie work. That sound boosts my hunger ten times 😋 Every time I hear that sound I shout, "MOM, I AM HUUUNGRYYY" and then I can quench my hunger in peace.
    media.giphy.com/media/rnXomlWfQ1t96/giphy.gif

What Girls Said 10

• I do like the idea of an ice cream truck. Maybe not even the song it plays, but hearing the truck itself pull around the corner snd stop is pretty different. I hear that similar noise every so often and think it's the ice cream truck pulling in, but nope.

• You're a weirdo lol. But does an ice cream truck count?

• Hmmm, I can't think of anything that's not food related. The sound of silverware on a plate, the ice cream truck, pots clanging. The smells >:3 biscuits from the oven, garlic-sweet jesus, garlic.

• Lmfao no toto manoto

• Not really

• No, not really :-/ I guess Im weird.

• I don't think so
    I haven't noticed

• No not really

• The sound of plastic wrappers being opened reminds me of chocolate or bakes goods.

• Lol that was funny
    Never happened to me

What Guys Said 2

• The pizzaman drives his Honda Accord like he stole it. Everytime I hear screeching tires coming from the street below , it reminds me of Dominos.

• Bubble wrap being popped reminds me of popcorn.