Is it true that vegans will explode if they don't tell anyone that they are a vegan at least once every ten minutes?

I read that if they don't tell anyone about their diet, the self satisfaction becomes too much to contain and they die.

Most Helpful Girl

• I lost my best friend to closeted veganism.
    She was on a first date- a standard first date, with a young man that seemed perfectly respectable. My friend was nervous, oh so nervous that she was quivering thinking that he might ask her if she wanted to get a bite to eat afterwards. She was a vegan, and didn't want to let him know that she was a vegan until the time was right. But alas, she forgot the ten-minute rule.
    So the young gent came to retrieve her. They left her house at about 7:15 and were having a grand old time driving into a concert in the city until they were nearing the stop light before the venue and the clock ticked to 7:23. It was now or never. She had to say something or she would explode.
    7:24.
    The two of them heard the clock's lights shift. They gaped in tandem at the red lines that flashed across the screen, not caring that the traffic light had turned green and cars were honking as they passed by. Her mouth opened to tell him the truth, when-
    "I'M SORRY," the young man shouted, just before the clock struck once more. "I'M VEGAN! I'M VEGAN!"
    "WHAT?" My friend replied.
    7:25.

I haven't seen her since that night, when I left her house after helping her get ready to see the boy. I miss her every day of my life. Now I keep up with the young man that was with her in her final moments, making sure that he knows how much he meant to her and how much she would have wanted him to go on being proud of his veganism, sharing it with the world and being proud of who he is. It's a true Romeo and Juliet story, it is- the "Soy-Crossed Lovers," we call them today.

Most Helpful Guy

• They will also combust if they dont make all of the "meat eaters" seem like terrible people at least once a day

What Girls Said 17

• Yes, it's true! I feel so sad seeing this question because it reminds me of a friend who died that way...

• When I was one I only ever mentioned it if it was relevant. Most restaurants now offer vegetarian options rather than just leaving salad as the only option. But before I'd mention it if I didn't see something I could eat on the menu and would ask if they could substitute or remove meat. The only other time I'd say anything back then was if I was eating at someones house I hadn't ate at before. Because otherwise it gets awkward when you go to eat and they ask why you're not eating much and you tell them after the fact.

I think all of us understand the various reasons why people are vegetarian or vegan. So unless it's relevant I don't think it needs mentioned.

• I have no idea but that is hella funny if it is true. I think they will cuz they are different than most plp and they feel the need to tell plp about their diet. Personally IDC about someone's diet unless they are my family or friend and have health problems.

• Probably, they always have a stick up their ass 😂😂

• Nah. I personally avoid bringing attention to it because I get a lot of shit for it.

• I'm thinking yes...
    Hahaha

That would explain SO much.

• Lmao this is great

• Yes, and it is a horrible mess to clean.

• It's true, I've seen it happen XD

• 😂😂😂 probably

• I use to know this one vegan and when i ate meat in front of her, she seemed to be struggling

• Vegans by trend, and fake vegans, yes.

• Nah, not all of them anyways.

• lol I don't know try to see if anything happens and let me know

• NO HAHAHAHHAHA I'm vegan and I don't really talk about unless it's brought up, I think that people who haven't been vegan that long talk about it a lot bc its a big change and its interesting to talk about!:)

It's not interesting though.

Something interesting: animal agriculture is actually the #1 polluter of greenhouse gases. There are so many different reasons to go vegan, environmental being a HUGE one! Seriously, thats one of the HUGE reasons why i went vegan! Do some research, it is interesting because we don't hear a lot about these issues because the animal agriculture industry pays people & organizations off! There are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes, that's why its definitely interesting:)

And i agree that some vegans are very arrogant and give them a bad rep, but dont let them stop you from exploring different options:)

• I eat animals aka vegans

• I swear it must be...

What Guys Said 9

• A chicken dies every 10 seconds if they don't anyone they're vegans and how meat eaters are murderers.

• No, that's a myth. It's once every 24 hours

• LOL. That is freakin hilarious. I would NEVER go Vegan because I want something that gave me meat and died on my plate.

• Yes, that is a basic fact in physics. They will spontaneously combust.

• I thought it was every 7 minutes?

• yes, it is true

• Hahaha

• being vegan is important to some, it does always have to be funny.

• LOL!
    Sad but true.