Meat eaters, have you ever been grossed out by meat?

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian and have no plans to become one anytime soon but there's been a few times where I've been eating meat and felt disgusted. Usually it's because something was off, not that anything was wrong with the food in particular but I just didn't like the smell or the texture within that moment. Anyone else been disgusted by meat even though they're a meat eater?

• Yes
    69% (22)71% (22)70% (44)Vote
  • No
    31% (10)29% (9)30% (19)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
14|25

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope not at all I mean it's hard to be disgusted by meat or fish when I regularly fish and I spend about an hour or two gutting the fish and filleting them and searching their insides for fish eggs to fry.

I do the same thing to animals except I add skinning into the mix, after doing that it's hard to be disgusted by it lol.

2|0
    1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• The only part of meat I get grossed out by is the chewy jelly like parts called gristle, which is the elastin. Whenever I get that part in my mouth I sometimes feel sick like Im gonna throw up cause the texture is so disgusting...
    I tend to take that part off before I eat the meat. Been like this since I was a kid lol.

3|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 24

• 3|0
    0|0
  • Not a fan of liver. I feel kind of grossed out when I eat liver with that mushy texture. Also not a fan of intestines with that super chewy texture. Heart is okay. Tongue is okay. Never tried brains but don't think I'd be into it.

1|0
    1|0
  • Only if I see someone eating meat that is underdone. No more need be said here

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, if the meat smelled or tasted weird. Sometimes the look of it has also grossed me out. But good meat has never grossed me out.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but it had nothing to do with the meat itself, it's more like olfactory memory, I related something that happened to be in the past when I was ill to the meat itself. It didn't last long though.

1|0
    1|0
  • Oh yes all the time, especially certain ones, id explain but its hard to describe, ill post a pic if i can ever find one of the type of meat, also knowing meat is essentially muscles and blood cells is pretty gross, which is why i tend not to think of it while eating meat lol, but meat is essential, fruits have grossed me out too, but i do like fruit

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope but my sister growing up hated meat the textreme and chewing. Now she eats it. Your taste buds change as you get older.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's partly why I stopped eating it. Find the notion of it, kind of, grimy.

1|0
    0|0
  • only if it´s horribly prepared and tastes awful xD

also if i´d eat the same meat for several days in a row but i guess that´s normal for every food.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, doesn't mean I won't eat it. Meat is too high on my delicious food list to not eat. How vegans find reasons to go on is beyond me

1|0
    0|0
  • When you easy non veg too many times it can make you feel grossed out. ...
    But really it's the most tastiest thing ever

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been "disgusted" by meat but I ate some really crappy meat with off putting taste and odor.
    But it's usually the crappy supermarket processed meats that are more soy and glue than they are meat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but only coz the meat had gone bad and tasted weird..
    Its a wonder i didn't get food poisoning that time...

1|0
    0|0
  • Crispy bacon is a sin against nature.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only pork. Sometimes it's gross and has fat or grissle and that makes me not eat any of it for months.

1|0
    0|0
  • No never.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope... When I was about 10 I refused to eat eggs for about a year. I don't know why though...

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Honestly I'm getting a little turned off to the idea of eggs lately. I don't know if it's the smell, or texture, perhaps a combination of both. I've also been watching a lot of crazy vegan people on YouTube and they keep referring to eggs as chicken periods. I think they've ruined eggs for me lol.

• 3mo

lol chicken periods... Life must be rough for a hen. They get to have their period every day, forever.

• Will eat it raw

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes if the meat looks nasty then yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Grossed out by meat? Never haha. im a carnivore myself who eats way more meat than veggies

1|0
    0|0
  • A few times when it looked and smelt bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • no. i love meat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah of course. some cut of the meat are ickkyy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I killed it and cut it up so eating it just never grossed me out

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Yes, if the texture is off it is a no go for me. Texture is a huge factor in whether or not the good tastes good to me.
    There are a lot of meat products I am leery of, such as anything containing meat that isn't refrigerated or frozen (like certain TV dinners or jarred sauces).
    I also am just not as wild about meat as I am other foods. I definitely like it mixed in with things, but I'm not wild about cuts of meat like steaks or chicken breasts. I like it best in pasta or paired with something starchy like bread, as well as vegetables.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeeeeeep. That's actually part of the reason I don't eat too much meat now. I keep getting disgusted while chewing for whatever reason, and I end up feeling nauseous.

2|0
    0|0
  • i am a big meat eater. but...
    i don't eat inner stuff.
    a long time ago, i bought beef from a market, in a top clear pre packing packet.
    i opened it at home and turned over the meat, it had worms. i took it back.
    and if it taste gamey i won't eat it.
    sometimes i feel like i am picky, i don't know.
    i eat all other meat, rabbit, frog, alligator, ostrich...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. If I come across a particularly chewy piece or if the meat im eating is soft and I bite down on something hard... instant nausea

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. When I was younger, I was more of a meat eater. I would eat lean meats, but sometimes even that just made me sick. Like I couldn't take a bite. Not that it tasted bad or anything, I think I was just "burned out". I think it could also be the texture after a while. Texture always gets me and makes me not want to eat something.

1|0
    0|0
  • The only thing that has set me off is if I smell leftover rare meat. After I was on the pill my brain says disgusting throw up time

1|0
    0|0
  • No, never it's so good. I always buy French meat and it's the best meat on earth honestly so yummy ^-^

1|0
    0|0
  • yes. i stay away from pork because it smells disgusting. bacon is another story though.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

You're missing out... Cuban roast pork is mouth watering amazing...

• Yeah, I'm grossed out when I see blood in my chicken 😷

1|0
    0|0
  • It's always tempting whenever I see lamb meat... nyumz!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not that I recall. When I'm sitting down to eat, the meat is usually the best part :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes!! I don't eat pork and I don't eat most beef either

1|0
    0|0