Would you pay more for food if it meant you didn't have to leave a tip?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd have to see how the numbers work out to really be in support of one or another.

Personally though, I prefer tipping because it lets me directly communicate my level of satisfaction with their service.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather get good service & tip for it then possibly OK service from the server because there's no incentive.
    I think servers can make more per hr. on tips.

What Girls Said 5

• Would I pay more for food to ensure the people cooking and serving it got a decent wage? Without hesitation. I'd also leave a nice tip if they were really good at their job and the food was great.

• Yes.. seems fine to me. This tipping stuff is just a pain

• Yes I would

• I don't have to leave a tip anyway. It's not required, I don't think I've ever tipped someone.

• I'm from England and tipping makes me anxious - I wish restaurants etc. would just pay their employees a fair wage, it's disgusting that they don't

In Britain a tip is a bonus, it isn't required that's why it's called a gratuity. British workers get paid minimum wage at the very least, tipping is a thank you for excellent service and/or food.

@TakeMaker Yeah, therefore British people visiting the US tend to be very confused about how much to tip, or even fail to tip at all because of not understanding how much American workers rely on tips :(
      However, I will say that even in the UK minimum wage is not high enough to support a family, as it was intended to when first conceived as a policy. So my point about employees deserving fairer pay from their employers so that tips aren't necessary still stands for my country, albeit to a lesser extent.

What Guys Said 3

• 5-8% is what i tip most of the time.

• No? I dont simply give a f*ck what they want bruh. They must be happy cuz I chose them to eat.

• noope