Do you eat energy bars or drink energy drinks?

do they actually give u energy? Like, if u eat it or drink it before work, does it improves your energy level? I want to take them before or during work so I don't feel so tired.
which ones do u recommend?

1|0
8|7

Most Helpful Guy

• They give you a caffeine or a sugar boost, a sugar spike if you like, followed by a crash later; they're full of processed crap in general. You can get the natural fruit bars which are quite good for you (no added sugar, only natural sugars). Natural sugar is better for you. It's just a quick fix of sugar, with simple sugars essentially. Best thing for energy is adequate sleep, rest, eating well, exercise, all the boring stuff basically :)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I sometimes eat Larabars for a quick snack, which look like this:

http://i63.tinypic.com/308li5g.jpg

They basically contain fruit and nuts, sometimes coconut oil; no added sugar. They do boost my energy for a bit, but I only eat them when I don't have access to regular food or I just need something.
    I don't consume energy drinks, maybe things with caffeine, like tea, but that's pretty much it.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• bars are a convenient way to carry calories on a long bike ride, same with energy drink.
    but dont' drink them regularly, I'd rather eat food and drink water or tea.

1|0
    0|0
  • All they do is boost your blood sugar levels temporarily. After that, there's a considerable drop in blood sugar. Way below what it would have been. They aren't to be recommended.

2|0
    0|0
  • Energy bars sometimes but not the drinks, I don't notice anything from the bars

1|0
    0|0
  • They're bad for you

2|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

That's what I've heard. 😕 Are they ALL bad?

• nope

0|0
    0|0
  • never

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Granola Bars for Breakfast, along with a Daily Multiple Vitamin, which I Live by, is the Best from the Rest.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but I eat protein bars and drink protein shakes, and I also drink Gatorade if you consider that an energy drink.

1|0
    0|0
  • They don't give me much energy. I just like the taste of them, haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • Used to drink energy drinks pretty often. They really didn't do much for me, I only drank them for the taste.

1|0
    0|0
  • energy drinks such as burn or red bull just gave ma nothing but a fast heart beats

1|0
    0|0
  • energy drinks yes sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • Never tried them I have no need to.

0|0
    0|0