Which food/drink combinations are gross to you, but are widely accepted as culinary genius?

For me it's almost any sweet and savory combination.
Example: honey ham:

Most Helpful Guy

• I dunno if I'd go so far as to say it's regarded as "culinary genius," but I absolutely despise barbecue pizza. With my taste buds, barbecue sauce goes with pizza in the way milk goes with Red Bull. It just doesn't work for me, but I know many who swear by it and love it. 😅

I think that's nasty too, and I don't like barbecue nachos either. I'm not a big barbecue fan in general (although when barbecue is good, it is really good), and I definitely don't think it mixes well with other types of foods.

@aWes0MeNeSs barbecue nachos? Ewwww. I like barbecue sauce (with meat at least). I even like nachos and pizza, but I don't believe in mixing the sauce with em 😷

Most Helpful Girl

• Peanutbutter and jelly, i'm from the UK and yes it's an American thing but i hated it IT'S SO SWEET! how do they eat them together? and then there is pizzas made wth sauces like ketup or BBQ sauce like DangerDoge, omg... i totally get it, i once ordered a pizza wth tomato thinking it was tomato sauce not ketcup and it was disgusting... all i could taste was the ketchup yet some people love it urgh... I also hate drinking things with food except water, it changes the taste and enjoyment of food for me it's just not half as satisfying plus it's sugary, if i wanted sweet and salty i would choose a pizza with pinapple and meat on it when we order takeaway sometimes (yeh i know it's become a trend with peopl saying they hate it lately but i love it), my mum drinks juce or coke/pepsi with her tea every day eww...

I'm American and I've never been fond of PB&J either. I also think barbecue and ketchup pizzas are disgusting, as well as plain cheese or pepperoni pizzas.

@aWes0MeNeSs Find a chinese that you see a lot of people go to though because they will have the right kind of soup, a lot of chinese places aren't that great and the soup tastes like vinegar rather than the amazing stock flavours, obviously they watered down their soups, proper chicken noodle you can tell had quite a lot of onion put into it to give it that salty taste but you taste the chicken stock as well.

Yeah, I am pretty picky about Chinese, and I'm not usually fond of the buffets. I've had some pretty good takeaway though!

What Guys Said 12

• Straight up sweet with meat i'm pretty bleh on as well, though sweet and sour or better yet sweet + sour + smokey can be good (i. e. bbq sauce).

I don't like straight up fruit on meat though.

I hate pho. I like noodles and I like soup. SO I guess the classic soup with noodles, yeah fuck that I will have them separately thanks.

salted caramel. I don't like my sweets salted up either.

• Wine and chocolate - like that's way sick to me but lots of people love it. To each their own...

• Cheese and wine. I've done it. It tastes sooo bad. It literally just tastes like bile in my mouth.

Nah dude. Pulling your guys out tastes like bile. I assure you nothing is worse than tasting mucus and acid in your mouth.

@sj2107 Agreed. It is literally the most disgusting thing ever

• Wow, shocked at the honey glazed ham lol. I hate pineapple on pizza.

• Bacon doughnuts

• I do wheatgrass juice, it has a strong taste, but very healthy

That was no combo, I add onions or carrots to it sometimes, so that's that

• 0|0

Most of these I know and they're just normal foods... o. O
      So what combination of foods do you dislike? (that was the question here)

Normal, ewwwww

• I just hate yogurt with anything haha

• I have less problems with the combinations... it's more about the food itself

• Anything with tuna.
    Seriously, has anyone sniffed tuna? Why would anyone eat that?

• Fish + mouth (yes, that connotation as well.)
    Sushi. Just sushi.

• Anything made of animal products 🔪

What Girls Said 11

• I have never liked drinking red wine with dinner, especially steak.

It works great as a marinade additive but I don't like sipping on dry ass red wine while I eat. I like actually having something refreshing and hydrating when I eat.

• I think Hawaiian pizza is absolutely revolting.
    I also think broccoli and cheese is gross, and that chicken and waffles doesn't strike me as something I would care for.
    I also have a family member who comes up with awful creations (that aren't widely accepted, thankfully) such as a PB&J sandwich with chili on it, lasagna with ham & beans and artichokes, Velveeta shells and cheese with barbecue sauce and chicken rolled in a tortilla, etc. Oh, also spaghetti mixed with coleslaw and cottage cheese. He basically just mixes up everything on his plate and eats it.

• -Whipped cream on watermelon, can also be known as "watermelon cake"
    -Pineapple pizza. I dislike the idea of pineapple being on top of tomato sauce 😷
    -Strawberry and chicken together in a salad. I love strawberry and I like chicken (sometimes), but I don't like them together.
    -Fruit toast. I don't like fruit on bread ( banana on bread seems to be the most common). The only sweet things I'll eat in a toast are jam, chocolate spread, or almond butter.
    -Sardines and watermelon. I don't think this one is common, I saw it on the culinary section of a magazine and I was like wtf. I know how watermelon tastes like and I know how sardines taste like. They're both okay... but together.. nah. Pretty sure my taste buds won't tolerate sardines with watermelon, lol.

• Honestly drinking alcohol with your food lol. Maybe that's just because I'm a teetotaler. But I find alcohol absolutely disgusting and it ruins the taste of the food.

• Ooh, I like sweet and savory.

To me it's gross how people can drink milk with any non sweet food. I see people serve their kids pot roast and mashed potatoes with milk to drink. I would prolly throw up at that combo.

• LoL, I agree with your combination, sweet and savory... yuck.

• Chocolate and red wine. Bleeeuuuggghhh

• Caviar and champagne. Or caviar and anything actually. I like champagne.

• Egg yolk and toast

• Salt and caramel, salty and sweet is usually good but salted caramel just tastes so bad to me

• Nothing honestly. :P