How Fast Do You Drink Beer?

As in drinking a six pack and just chilling where speed is not the goal? As of right now I'm at four cans deep in an hour. Looking to get two more in within twenty minutes.

If I was going for speed I can chug an average can in under 8 seconds on a typical day.

3mo If you don't drink beer then don't answer.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a speed drinker when it comes to beer and no longer participate in speed contests. Makes me burp like crazy.

I have a friend who seems to not require swallowing. He can just pour a can of beer and drink it as fast as it comes out of the can. You don't even see his throat swallowing, it just seems to go straight down and he can empty the can in seconds.

Give me a quantity contest though where we're not counting how fast we down a single can but more how many cans we can down in a night and I'll be up for it. I've drank about 12 liters one time in Taiwan (about 35 cans of beer or so) though it gave me the most epic hangover. I prefer to play these games more with hard liquor though since straight beer all night tends to make me burp like mad and I end up feeling bloated the whole night.

Quantity seems to be what really gets you though, most guys and gals too, are impressed by speed but it's the quantity over time that seems to be the real test. I'm past my drinking prime now but I remember back in College pulling the old "Puke and Rally", some of us would end up drinking upwards of a 24 over the course of a night and into the early morning, but the hangovers were enough to stay in bed for two days. Chugging might be badass and get you toasted quicker but just like running, it's the marathoners not the sprinters who have the better endurance.

Agreed. Though chugger/sprinter types are pretty impressive. I can't do it since I have to swallow a gulp a bit at a time and I'm slow as hell there -- takes me over 10 seconds. The champion types seem like they don't need to swallow at all, just goes straight down their throat.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't drink it

• I drank a 6 pack in like 3-4 hours last Saturday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That sounds about right for a relaxing evening. I was trying to down them tonight but I think 3-4 hours is typical if you pace it right.

• I don't, I'm teetotal

What Guys Said 3

• I don't drink fast when relaxing. A 6 pack can last me a few days. I take sips between cleaning, doing laundry, and cooking for daughter and I.

I try to drink my six in a period of time because between work and taking care of my family at home I don't have much time, usually I end up in your situation, drinking between doing things and thus my case pans out, but sometimes a mans gotta get a few in him, right?

• Two pitchers of Sam Adams in 2 hours.

Sam Adams, hey? I'm not a big fan. Any other favorites?

Guinness Dark. and Heineken.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to drink that much too fast. Kind of funny when your fully aware of being drunk, but have poor speech and motor skills.

• beer is gross, i dont drink it